new stivo, now gone

hey guys,

yesterday afternoon i pick up my brand new 2005 corolla sportivo at around 3:00pm

i woke up around 8am this morning to the horror that some **** had stolen my car.

i have a 'theory' that it was and inside job: (someone at dealer)

1. the car was DEADlocked (therefore unopenable from the inside)

2. no glass present on the street (therefore the glass was not smashed)

3. the imobiliser was not activated (therefore the only reason why the imobiliser didnt work was because the correct key was used)

what do you think?

Sorry to hear, but how do you deadlock a car?

All they need is a screwdriver in the lock, bust it open then bypass the immobiliser. Bye bye car.

Just hope it's gone for good, then you can get a new one from insurance. There's nothing worse than getting a stolen car back that's half shagged.

A flat bed would still make alot of noise.

Don't forget there's also code snatchers/replicators.

Whilst you use your remote, the person using the code replicator copies your frequency and uses it when they're ready.

You can actually buy basic ones from D!ck Smiths / Tandy they're supposed to be used as a replacement when your old remotes get worn.

ar4444 Do you have all three keys? You should have the two remote keys and also a service key.

Edited by IZZ-FE

ouch, sorry to hear about the car. im sure toyotas gonna get a real crack down after notifying them about this.

also another tip dont trust anything apart from ur heavy duty club lock, all the rollas that are parked at "station" Ahem ahem NOT mentioning any names here, all have club locks even though most have the immobilizers and stuff. MY car came with the alarm upgrades and stuff so yea and i still use the clublock. i guess alot of us dont trust electronics and preffer the conventional heavy duty STEEL :ph34r:

ohh yea dont buy the cheapo club locks invest in those really expensive ones, $90+

Dont worry im sure something will be done about ur pride and joy, else ur gonna get another new one.

Hey ar4444,

Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. :o

It sounds very suspicious to me and like you said could even be an inside job @ the Toyota dealership where you bought your car from.

I too was under the impression that if you didnt have the correct coded key the car would not start ? It just sounds all way too suss especially since you didnt have the car for not even 24 hours! :huh:

Seriously that reaks of an inside job, but hey lets not get too carried away with that thought in this day and age.

I picked up my car on friday and would have been absolutley horrified to find it gone on saturday morning. Sorry to hear about it man, as has been mentioned above, as horrible as this sounds just hope that the car isnt found or is written off, who wants a car thats been thrashed by someone.

You brought a new car, new car is what you should get.

Lets hope you find out who it is so you can bust his kneecaps!

a code snatcher is not going to help with a coded key and ecu combo. Do you understand how the coded key actually works?

Just like the guys who steal new HSV's etc take a barrel and ECU set with them so they can drive the car away.

Edited by rollamods

Yes, code snatcher wont allow you to start the car but it does allow entry into the vehicle which would make what follows easier and less conspicuous than using a screwdriver in the lock or brick through the window.

If you see a person open the locks and sit in the car, would you question them?

A friend of mine with a VT HSV one morning finds whilst getting in one morning, what basically amounted to a car theft kit in the passenger side footwell, like u said barrel ecu the lot - seems the person was disturbed had no time and left everything. No locks or windows were disturbed, other than what was in the car, it was completely untouched.

Edited by IZZ-FE

I'm pretty certain that when the car is found, it would be stripped to the shell.

Yep,

Engine, gearbox, kit and interior all nice pieces of gear that would fetch good cash, especially seeing as though it was all brand new.

Yep.. keep a look out on e-bay for a nice clean sportivo interior... but bad luck mate :(

Was it parked on the street? Moore Park road is a pretty hot position for thieves so a de-coder would be very likely. I think it very unlikely it was an inside job, where did you buy from.

The biggest pain is that you'll be without a car while the police attempt to track yours down, and if it is not recovered (or even once it is) then you have to wait for the insurance claim to be processed... Hope you have hire car coverage in your insurance policy...

bugger mate.. you got jibbed.. i sincerely hope you find the punk and crack their face open

i felt really angry when my bike got stolen from my garage... i can only imagine how you feel now

this is a huge reality check.. seems like immobilisers are not enough.. better go buy a fat club lock

all the best mate

Pre Facelift Sportivo's DO NOT have deadlock facility...

If the Facelift models have it, then it is a new feature...

Never trust a clublock. Any clublock... I have personally bent mid-priced ones off steering wheels and I have seen the best of them bent by guys stronger than me....which isn't hard...

clublocks r more reliable then any electronics out in the market =D chances of stopping the bastards r higher too. however if u dont trust the clublock go out and try and find one of those nifty kewl brake lever + gear knob locks, those look wicked but i havent seen em sold anywhere ;) id be getting one of those on top of my clubby.

Edited by Mello

Yes Azza not the strongest man on the block.

Can't beat the hidden kill switch and a seriously loud alarm siren. My uncle had a mate who was a sparky wire up an alarm system for his car using a PA siren hidden under the bonnet and a set pattern of kill switches. Get the sequence wrong and cop 140 odd DB of screeching siren!!!!

You could nearly hear it in the next suburb it was that friggen loud :lol:

Yer i had a Piezzo Screamer inside my last car :)

btw club locks arent all that great.. they are more of a visual deterant..

Theif sees 2 cars.. 1 has club lock..

Steals the other car

In this day and age it comes down to one thing..

If someone wants "YOUR" car they will find a way to take it..

Btw.. I hope you have insurance

Man sorry to hear about ur mis-fortune..... i hope u also had insurance ? who r u with and i would be interested to hear what their response to this has been