Poor/Stupid AUS Made Aurion

Hi All,

Just wondering, how do you guys feel about the Quality of the Aurion? Mine is like rubbish. If I have a choice, I really want to send my car back to Toyota's AUS headquarter office.

My Aurion got problems with Dashboard Rattled, Squeeze Sound from Air Con panel when accelerate, Steering Wheel Cracked Sound, Clicking Sound from both Rear Window and rear speaker,and Air Con turn on by itself. Yeah~! It seems I got all Aurion "COMMON" problems on my 07 Aurion. Recall one of Toyota's dealer service staff said I am just "UNLUCKY"~!? Yes~! million of Toyota's cars were built worldwide and I am just one of them to be UNLUCKY? Well, I think should buy some Lotteries to prove my "UNLUCKY".

Moreover, every time I sent my car to Toyota dealer, they said they can't hear or found these problems. Maybe they are deaf or there must be something wrong with my ears. Now I treat their office like my kitchen. Image how often I went to their dealer's service office. By the way, can't they find someone to clean their cafe machine? It's so.....dirty!

Now my 3 yrs new car warranty is going to expire at the end of Jun 10. I wonder Can they really fix these problems before it expire? I don't think so.

I really don't understand what does the QUALITY and CUSTOMER mean to them??

I'm pretty sure this argument has been brought up time and time again, but I will start from scratch since I've got some time to waste.

How do I feel about my Aurion? Well, I've got two cases here so I'll start with my first one. It had dash rattles, it creaked here and there, the steering had a knock to it... but still, I loved the car. What the car lacked for in it's minor build quality issues, it made up for it in performance. Bang for your buck was what that car was all about.

Now my TRD, that is another story. I know I will jinx myself in saying these, but here I go. This car feels like it was built somewhere else. It's like it was taken off the standard production line then built by someone who wasn't in any particular rush. It feels so much more solid inside, the dash doesn't rattle, the console doesn't creak, the parcel shelf doesn't even rattle when the bass it turned up and the bass is even clearer. Even the outside doesn't rattle as much as my last car when I turn the bass up.

But in general, I am highly satisfied with the Aurion despite it's (what I call) minor flaws. It is a car with a good engine and drivetrain, it can perform quite well, and the price doesn't break the bank. On top of that, service and parts don't particularly cost the world as well. For an Australian built car, it's not bad.

I work for a dealer.

One thing I dont think any owners appreciate is that unless you can replicate and demonstrate the squeak/rattle/pop there's no way on earth any dealer can fix it. Simple as that.

And by demonstrate I dont mean just telling the Service advisor that it "happens whenever I go through the speed hump in my neighbourhood", but to grab a technician on a test drive and show him the sound while you are driving. If you cant replicate the sound on a test drive, the dealer have no chance of locating the issue and fix it.

Whilst I agree with you guys that no owner should be experiencing those faults that you mentioned, the dealers do need your help in locating the fault as you spend a vast amount of time in your car, whereas they can only spend the hour or so.

If you can show the tech where and how the rattle is occuring, I can guarantee they can at the very least put in a temporary fix, especially in a car as simple as the Aurion.

One thing I dont think any owners appreciate is that unless you can replicate and demonstrate the squeak/rattle/pop there's no way on earth any dealer can fix it. Simple as that.

And by demonstrate I dont mean just telling the Service advisor that it "happens whenever I go through the speed hump in my neighbourhood", but to grab a technician on a test drive and show him the sound while you are driving. If you cant replicate the sound on a test drive, the dealer have no chance of locating the issue and fix it.

Whilst I agree with you guys that no owner should be experiencing those faults that you mentioned, the dealers do need your help in locating the fault as you spend a vast amount of time in your car, whereas they can only spend the hour or so.

If you can show the tech where and how the rattle is occuring, I can guarantee they can at the very least put in a temporary fix, especially in a car as simple as the Aurion.

+1

Althou I agree with Flying Pig's point for being upset, you can't just blame a dealer you bought your car from. They're technician sent by Toyota to fix any queries. All they can do is to provide the best service through their efforts. From your story, it sounds like they have poor cust. services. LoL. You shouldn't black-listed Toyota bcoz of one dealer. I mean, look it here. This community wouldn't exist if Toyota's standards is as low to ur dealer's.

I'm very happy with how my dealer provides their customer service, thou I'm not happy with Aurion's built quality. Each has to realize these 2 are independent things that aren't related to each other. I'd give my dealer 9 for Customer Service. With rattles, they sent technician with me to go spin the car a few blocks to demonstrate the rattles I experienced. They even took the effort to make a call after a week or two asking if the problem is fixed / had arised.

1. I spent almost 3 yrs, ofcoz i have already tried all possible ways to demo it. However, I am just one of unlucky person.

2. I don't agree I am just one of minor flaws. By using statistic to calculate it, if it's only 1-2% of flaws, then how many cars will be affected?

3. Ofcoz I like my Aurion, otherwise I won't pay 37k for it. However, I learnt DON'T EXPECT too much in this case. Some flaws also happen on my GF's 09 Corolla. I am not going to address it at here again.

4. Despite the price of Aurion, customers do believe they pay their money for value. At least I haven't seen "Value". Moreover, I am not rich. I pay 37k out right when I was only 25. This car spend almost my savings! Ofcoz it wont break the bank, it break my life. Another heartbreak...>.<..If your salary level is around 75K p/a before tax, you probably need to save really..really hard for nearly 2 years to get 37K in CASH.

It seems you have a bad experience with the dealer you're dealing with. Have you tried other Toyota dealer?

I'm sure the people here will be glad to point out their good dealers for you, depending on where your location is.

You can see here the majority of Aurions have rattles. That beats your 1-2% statistic. And as you can see, most of em came out fixed at some point. You really should come to the Aurion meets at where you are, therefore the people there could help you with suggestions and stuff.

Like the brisbane side, they have lots of experts on Aurion and other car models. Good community.

Edit: You shouldn't labeled Aurion as a rubbish car etc as you had in several threads. It gives impression what you did is only bitch on things . We know your point of frustration, but that doesn't resolve the problems. Take the action / suggestions from what we've done as discussed.

Edited by VF-X

Well, if your so worried about warranty, extend it. That's what I did.

But still mate, I wouldn't go saying those things about this car. It can be offensive. I've spent almost all my savings on this car with also the help from my dad. And it sucks when someone says that the Aurion is a **** car, which I don't believe so. For what we paid, you can't expect anymore then this.

I'm so so happy with my purchase. So far all my warranty jobs I've had no problem with. I've had atleast 5000 dollars worth of warranty fixes on my car and toyota happily done everything free of charge.

If you really hate the car. Sell it and get something else.

Also, I found that a clean Aurion makes me happier that I got the car because it looks so damn good!!

I work for a dealer.

great advice suggest you follow it up and suggest putting your claims in writing with date and time delivered to service department make sure it is attached to your agreement you sign for work to be done and request a copy given back to you includes your document initialed by them. That way preferably before but if even after your warranty runs out you would have the proof to pursue whatever action you wish to take. Why not try trade practices or the Ombudsman for starters. Let them know your intentions. It might give you a more positive reaction.

Quality of everything is going down. Thanks to globalisation and marketing.

Years ago one could expect good reliability from BMW, even M series. this days... everything falling apart in BMW, even interior looks and feels cheaper, no squeaks to some point, then something will fail. And people still pay 90K for 335 which is not better then Falcon XR6T in performance, but smaller and not reliable. Off the topic, I know. But still, Aurion is good reliable car. You can not expect good quality, power and reliability even if you pay 90K or more. How it is this days.

For example, in Canada, which have pretty poor roads, Mers, BMW second hand do not cost much, like here. Because they are falling apart, Toyota on the other hand holds value, because you know for sure that it will start and take you to work no problem.

Edited by avstral

Remembering of course i work for the big T but this really sounds like you problem and frustration is with your dealer not been able to rectify your issues would strongly take psoo2010 suggestions or at least visit another dealer and start fresh. You do seem a little to have all the niggling issues in the one car. Most people have only experienced the one or two in their cars.

My personal experience with Aurion has been great only issues I’ve had is the VVT-i recall and dash recall (even though my car barely had the rattle) only other issues I’ve had is the result of other companies playing with my car for example i had annoying rattle in the dash again which got tracked down to the tweeter grill which was not slipped back into place properly when the sound system was put it and the rear lens was a bit loose because when the touched the bumper up they loosened the lamps and never did them back up! centre console was squeak when you leant on it but they fixed that when they did the dash and other than that only rattle i have is from my keys in the console and from cd cases rattling about that drive the other half nuts (design flaw. really should of had a cd holder) and in comparison to the old XR6T the interior is much better put together things are where they should be info is where it needs to be and god you can even see the steering wheels buttons at night! Sure Aurion is no LS460 but it a better built and factory backed than other Australian produced cars and on the whole i think we spend less time at our dealers then the falcodore boys and are over all happy with our cars.

i work at tmc, toyota motor corp down at the altona plant. there are a few defects that the production line slips, but our quality control people always picks it up. it wouldnt be the productions fault, itll be the products we use.

i work at tmc, toyota motor corp down at the altona plant. there are a few defects that the production line slips, but our quality control people always picks it up. it wouldnt be the productions fault, itll be the products we use.

Here , here , i dont know how many times a customer at the counter gets angry with me when a problem is not fixed. i do my best to resolve the issue , i didn't attempt the repair and i certainly didnt build the vehicle.

but a truer word has never been spoken , the dash rattles are fixed with a revised clip (product/manufacturer change) ,steering spline intermediate shaft issue - revised part (different process or manufacturer of part) centre console box breakage (revised box part,material different)and so on, most cases these parts are not made by toyota.it is hard for a dealer to rectify everything in a day and for the minutes they drive your car to the hours you live in it, admittedly there some questionable service dept's out there. customer service should be paramount. So the dealers cut corners in some cases due to lack of payment from the manufacturer,warranty times very low. please understand a service department would find it hard to make money on warranty alone but there has to be a balance.

give your dealer a chance , if your in a metro area you have choices - go down the road. i have customers travel 150 klms to get satisfaction but you cant please everyone all of the time. i love my aurion with its warranty repairs done whats the alternative a holden dunnydoor or a fraud foulcan , i think not - get to see those in the w/shop too ,and you think aurion issues are a problem ??????????????????????????

All I can say is count yourself lucky you didn't buy a Holden or Ford going on there ongoing problems.

Surely they have been enjoying Toyota's recent bad publicity, but one thing for sure Toyota will move on (in a positive direction) whereas the other two will bumble their way into the future.

Sorry to hear you have unresolved issues. I'm not sure if it applies in your case, but sometimes the roads and environments we use our cars in can result in minor and annoying problems. For me, the Aurion has been a very good car. Considering price, performance and running costs I don't think I could do better; maybe I've been lucky, but on the whole it seems that the vast majority in this forum have had a good run with their cars as well. Another bonus is the wealth of info' regarding the Aurion / U.S. Camry available on sites like this one. Hope you get some satisfaction soon.

Hi All,

Just wondering, how do you guys feel about the Quality of the Aurion? Mine is like rubbish. If I have a choice, I really want to send my car back to Toyota's AUS headquarter office.

My Aurion got problems with Dashboard Rattled, Squeeze Sound from Air Con panel when accelerate, Steering Wheel Cracked Sound, Clicking Sound from both Rear Window and rear speaker,and Air Con turn on by itself. Yeah~! It seems I got all Aurion "COMMON" problems on my 07 Aurion. Recall one of Toyota's dealer service staff said I am just "UNLUCKY"~!? Yes~! million of Toyota's cars were built worldwide and I am just one of them to be UNLUCKY? Well, I think should buy some Lotteries to prove my "UNLUCKY".

Moreover, every time I sent my car to Toyota dealer, they said they can't hear or found these problems. Maybe they are deaf or there must be something wrong with my ears. Now I treat their office like my kitchen. Image how often I went to their dealer's service office. By the way, can't they find someone to clean their cafe machine? It's so.....dirty!

Now my 3 yrs new car warranty is going to expire at the end of Jun 10. I wonder Can they really fix these problems before it expire? I don't think so.

I really don't understand what does the QUALITY and CUSTOMER mean to them??

seem like you went for the cheaper option

if worst comes to worst go hilux