New clutch kit for sportivo

howdy.

chasing a new clutch kit for a mates sportivo. after the clutch kit and a lightened flywheel

did a bit of research while my internet is capped... and came up with

exedy sports tuff hd - tyk-7334hd 430 AUS

exedy sports ceramic - 7334sc currently pricing AUS

exedy stage 1 organic (celica-gts Exedyusa) - 16800 499 ???

xtreme clutch kit - KTY22004HD 770 for clutch kit and 4.5kg flywheel AUS

xttreme lightweight chromemoly flywheel - FTY014C 770 for clutch kit and 4.5kg flywheel AUS

summary cheapest to most

fidanza clutch + fidanza flywheel 7.5lbs - 767 delivered

extreme kit hd + fly 4.5kg or 3.9kg - 770 delivered or 820ish for ultra light fly

competition stage 2/exedy stage 1 organic + competition flywheel 11 lbs+ - 800 delivered

competition stage 2 + fidanza fly 7.5lbs - 840 delivered

which to choose?

thanks

Edited by hAmZ

thanks for quick replies. i have seen NPC and they dont have anything off the shelf, have to bring my clutch in. might be different now as that was a bit back

and thanks for link evo, priced up some things there, doesnt seem too bad.

Edited by hAmZ

give monkeywrenchracing.com a visit ..... also suggest u grab the extended push rod from them and all the other bits and pieces surrounding the shifter and cables ..... ARP flywheel bolts are a nice treat also ..... all in all will give u a tighter firmer feel with far more accuracy ..... oh and if ur worried about how long it takes to get here dont worry about that ..... i got all my parts delivered to my door within 5-10 business days of placing my orders.

clutches ...... http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index.php?cPath=25_111

flywheels & flywheel bolts ...... http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index.php?cPath=25_132

bits n pieces ..... http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index.php?cPath=25_136

could also go a lsd if ur feeling excited but that will mean u also need a new 6th gear as u'll probably break it getting the box apart and if u do that then get the celica 6th gear for some awesome fuel savings and lower revs on the freeway ;)

If the car isn't going to be pushed hard or heavily modified, then no real point getting heavy clutch kit unless you friend likes having a heavy clutch then that's just personal taste. Exedy OEM replacement is cheap and its great for easy driving.

If the car isn't going to be pushed hard or heavily modified, then no real point getting heavy clutch kit unless you friend likes having a heavy clutch then that's just personal taste. Exedy OEM replacement is cheap and its great for easy driving.

the HD exedy is actually just as soft if not softer than the oem clutch ..... also its worth highlighting that the oem clutch in the stivo is just rubbish ..... its just not built to handle what the stivo can produce. not too sure about the exedy oem replacement but yeah the toyota one is just rubbish.

yeah i rather hd. a bit more pedal feel is fine, unless your a skirt. haha. i dont mind driving with button clutches either, they're fun.

i see on the mwr site they have fidanza hd clutches on sale at 249.00usd. seems pretty cheap, they on par with other hd? exedy hd etc?

came up with a list to choose now

Edited by hAmZ

Interesting, im looking into a new clutch soon.

***** this OEM one.

Sorry to hijack but i have a suspision my thrust bearing has **** itself, reason being there is a rattle coming from somewhere between the box and engine.

Stuck a pipe up in the service hole and it was very loud however if you come down to the bottom of the engine its there but no where near as loud.

Also sorry to hijack this thread.

Does anyone know a cheap place to get my clutch replaced for my sportivo?

im looking at excedy heavy duty.

any ballpark figures for those that have got it done?

parts + install?

Thanks

just an update. ordered the xtreme hd clutch + ultralight chromemoly flywheel. wanted it by the end of the week so otherwise probably would of gone with the fidanza fly.

just a quick question, are the 1zz and 2zz flywheels different or the same? i believe they are different? because on the xtreme website they have the same part number.

i called up and asked them to be sure and said i have a 2zz with 6spd and they said yeah that's the one. just want to make sure

cheers

why do you guys contine to promote a US based business who does not support this forum or any other local forum I can think of??.there are plenty of local vendors of the same/similar product.

as a small business owner and employer, i have to promote buy locally and keep jobs locally

OEM vs Exedy OEM is similar...

What about the shifting problems will these still occur with the exedy one?

I'm unsure with your model, wasn't a problem when I replaced my factory clutch with the Exedy OEM :)

@ Terryo - Last time I checked, Exedy was Japanese =P

Edited by DreadAngel

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to know if the Clutch got replaced and how much + what sort of results .

I might be staring down a clutch replacement myself pretty soon hence the reason for digging a older post ..

Have been told $350 for Labour only , dont know how it compares with what anybody else might have paid .

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

Just wanted to know if the Clutch got replaced and how much + what sort of results .

I might be staring down a clutch replacement myself pretty soon hence the reason for digging a older post ..

Have been told $350 for Labour only , dont know how it compares with what anybody else might have paid .

Labour is mostly around ($350-$400)...machining flywheel (must be done) another $50, new flywheel bolts (do not reuse old ones) $30, synthetic gear oil $50-$100....

I got quoted $400 installed plus machining flywheel with new bolts and they use castrol gear oil, which I'll be replacing with something synthetic of my choice

350 sounds alright.

my mate paid 375 for everything in, including changing the rear main seal (mechanic supplied seal )while we were there.

Edited by hAmZ