Want to improve your Aurions perforomance & Fuel Economy??

Adamsy

Anyone tried a can of Glen20?

I used to use this on my XR8 Falcon. Same deal, spray thru the inlet under the passenger side window wiper assembly.

Definitely gets rid of A/C smell.

I guess the obvious risk is paint or plastic damage due to unknown chemicals &/or additives.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I done this and it worked kind of I guess. I rather not smell anything from the A/C system. Good or bad. I've been in many cars where the A/C system gives off no smell what so ever. I'm not sure what is wrong with new cars but they all seem to develop a smell.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a bottle of the injector cleaner and the a/c cleaner.

The spare parts guy at Toyota gave me the diesel injector cleaner. I told him I had an Aurion and asked for the petrol version instead. He claimed that Toyota have stopped making the petrol version and the diesel one is fine to use in an Aurion. This sounds weird to me. I even gave him the part number from this thread and he said yeah they don't sell that one anymore. Does this sound right? I haven't actually put in my car yet.

I just picked up a bottle of the injector cleaner and the a/c cleaner.

The spare parts guy at Toyota gave me the diesel injector cleaner. I told him I had an Aurion and asked for the petrol version instead. He claimed that Toyota have stopped making the petrol version and the diesel one is fine to use in an Aurion. This sounds weird to me. I even gave him the part number from this thread and he said yeah they don't sell that one anymore. Does this sound right? I haven't actually put in my car yet.

ahhhhh ok. That’s "sort of" half true. They haven’t stopped making it at all, i'd say the sales staff at your dealer haven’t had it explained to them properly or haven’t read the bulletin in its entirety. What they had done for a short period of time is superceed the new injector cleaner back to the old "jetstream" number simply so that Toyota could get rid of the stock of the old formula before mass selling the new stuff where as for a while they was selling both formulas side by side. So pretty much they stopped selling the new stuff to dealers for a while until the old jetstream formula had been cleared/run out. They have since redistributed the new formula P/N: 08813-08830 which is in a white bottle. I can't say for sure if it’s ok to use in a petrol engine but I’d advise not to use it in your Aurion as i wouldn’t be putting it in mine. The Diesel one smells different to the petrol one and i figure if it was ok to use the petrol one in a diesel and vice versa then they would have just made one formula yeah? SO yeah my advice would be to go back and swap it for a petrol one as i wouldn’t want to chance it, I’ll ask the question tomorrow but yeah best to swap it i'd think :)

ahhhhh ok. That’s "sort of" half true. They haven’t stopped making it at all, i'd say the sales staff at your dealer haven’t had it explained to them properly or haven’t read the bulletin in its entirety. What they had done for a short period of time is superceed the new injector cleaner back to the old "jetstream" number simply so that Toyota could get rid of the stock of the old formula before mass selling the new stuff where as for a while they was selling both formulas side by side. So pretty much they stopped selling the new stuff to dealers for a while until the old jetstream formula had been cleared/run out. They have since redistributed the new formula P/N: 08813-08830 which is in a white bottle. I can't say for sure if it’s ok to use in a petrol engine but I’d advise not to use it in your Aurion as i wouldn’t be putting it in mine. The Diesel one smells different to the petrol one and i figure if it was ok to use the petrol one in a diesel and vice versa then they would have just made one formula yeah? SO yeah my advice would be to go back and swap it for a petrol one as i wouldn’t want to chance it, I’ll ask the question tomorrow but yeah best to swap it i'd think :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Phew...I was so close to putting it into the car on my way home since I even double checked with one of the mechanics who spoke to the spares dept and was again assured it is the one to use. I'm heading back in next week to get my front discs machined and pads replaced so I'll swap it over then. I guess if they don't have it I'll try the fuel doctor stuff instead. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply. Phew...I was so close to putting it into the car on my way home since I even double checked with one of the mechanics who spoke to the spares dept and was again assured it is the one to use. I'm heading back in next week to get my front discs machined and pads replaced so I'll swap it over then. I guess if they don't have it I'll try the fuel doctor stuff instead. Thanks again.

Mmmm well if the mechanic says it’s ok to use then i guess we'll believe them. It's not something we’ve come across at work and i probably wouldn’t encourage anybody to sell the diesel one for use in a petrol engine if we didn’t have any petrol injector cleaner. it may be ok but like i said the petrol one is now available again and i can’t see why the dealer would mind doing a swap to ease a customer’s concerns. I will try and find out if it's true if you can use a diesel one just for future reference. :)

Hey Andy, DO NOT! use the disel injector cleaner in the 2GR-FE. bad idea, Go to your dealer and swap it for the Petrol one in the white bottle. :)

Hey Andy, DO NOT! use the disel injector cleaner in the 2GR-FE. bad idea, Go to your dealer and swap it for the Petrol one in the white bottle. :)

Thanks for checking. A couple more issues have come up and now this has made me really doubt this dealership so I'll be heading back in there tomorrow.

A bit off topic but I thought I better check my oil level the day after the service was done. The dip stick is about 2cms over full which is bad enough by itself. Now what is weird is that I took my own synthetic oil in ( 2 x 5L bottles) and recieved back one bottle with only about 0.5L gone from the bottle. So they essentially used 5.5L but the car takes 6.1L and somehow the oil is overfull. I now think the oil filter wasn't changed.

To add more to my theory the oil already looks brownish rather than the normal honeycombe colour it usually looks for the first few weeks after a service. I was very close to changing the oil myself but this was my last service under warranty and since it was capped at $130 I thought i might as well let them do it. The dealer asked me to bring the car back in but basically all the trust is gone. So I'm now going to have to change the oil myself tomorrow morning and then I'll take the evidence to the dealer and request a refund or credit. I plan to take photos and send a please explain to Toyota Australia.

I love Toyota cars and Toyota Australia but like so many good car companies they are often let down by their dealers.

Do this -

Run the engine a few minutes to get the oil circulating, shuit down and immediately check oil.

If the oil above the top mark? Ok to be over by a couple mm but anything over 1cm, I'd say its overfilled.

If below the mark, topup until it reaches the top mark.

Remember, check the oil and top up immediately after shut down, don't wait to do that 5 /10 minutes later.

When the engine is cold, or have been at rest for a couple of hours, the oil will generally be over the mark by about a CM or 2

------- and the oil filter isn't always changed at every service.

Do this -

Run the engine a few minutes to get the oil circulating, shuit down and immediately check oil.

If the oil above the top mark? Ok to be over by a couple mm but anything over 1cm, I'd say its overfilled.

Remember, check the oil and top up immediately after shut down, don't wait to do that 5 /10 minutes later.

When the engine is cold, or have been at rest for a couple of hours, the oil will generally be over the mark by about a CM or 2

Hi. Thanks for the feedback but I've never heard of not waiting a few minutes to let the oil settle into the sump before. In fact everything I've every read or heard from other people is the exact opposite of what you recommended. Secondly since it was the 45K service and a filter was included on my invoice I would expect it to be change.

I do it this way because it keeps the oil level at max when the engine is running. Was always doing this on my race car as an oil surge prevention and it just stuck on my street car as well.

You can do what you like as well, certainly won't be detrimental.

Do this -

Hi. Thanks for the feedback but I've never heard of not waiting a few minutes to let the oil settle into the sump before. In fact everything I've every read or heard from other people is the exact opposite of what you recommended. Secondly since it was the 45K service and a filter was included on my invoice I would expect it to be change.

I do it this way because it keeps the oil level at max when the engine is running. Was always doing this on my race car as an oil surge prevention and it just stuck on my street car as well.

Do this -

Guys the oil filter and sump plug washer will be replaced at every service if you take it to a Toyota dealer. But it's even a given practice for aftermarket shops to do this as well and something you should do too everytime you change your oil. :)

Interesting I've never heard that before. I'll keep it in mind and check the oil immediately after i drive home tonight to compare. Thanks

Toyota are also contradicting themselves, if you read the owners manual, it says you don't have to use this stuff. :ph34r:

true, it seems wierd to see toyota promote these products when the owners manual state they're not necessary...

It's true you don’t have to use these products, you car will still run but not as good as it could. Bit like our bodies, we feel fine and can go about your day to day lives easy but how much better do you feel after a week of hitting the gym?

...but how much better do you feel after a week of hitting the gym?

I feel like I could eat the entire menu contents at a desert bar. So it makes me feel worse than when I started :lol:

Thats because there's a market for it and money to be made. People are going to keep asking their Toyota technician what should they be using, so to keep it consistent and make some money on the side - Use Toyota. The same can be said for Honda, Mazda etc...

Toyota are also contradicting themselves, if you read the owners manual, it says you don't have to use this stuff. :ph34r:

true, it seems wierd to see toyota promote these products when the owners manual state they're not necessary...

It's true you don’t have to use these products, you car will still run but not as good as it could.

Nah...thats what these MARKETEERS want you to believe.

I tend to fall for the marketing crap hence why I like to use Fuel Doctor. But this isn't for the injector cleaning properties, it's for the supposed fuel tank cleaning properties. That said, I have been meaning to get some once I got the TRD, but still haven't got around to it.

In terms of performance, 40,000km into it's life without an injector clean and it still runs like new. Can average as low as 7.5l/100km and it runs nice times at the drags. I can't really imagine it running any better than that.

I tend to fall for the marketing crap hence why I like to use Fuel Doctor. But this isn't for the injector cleaning properties, it's for the supposed fuel tank cleaning properties. That said, I have been meaning to get some once I got the TRD, but still haven't got around to it.

Petrol itself is a solvent...and a very good one at that...don't know about you but I use petrol to clean my tools from time to time of gunk ... :-p

Probably sediments in the tank, but thats nothing that a fuel cleaner could do about that anyway, need to drain the tank to do that properly.

And you know the thing about ethanol gumming up (like if you use E10), I've recently drained the tank from my other car which ran E85, totally smick and clean... :-p

But then, its a choice - there's no right or wrong, as long as it makes you happy.. :-D

It's true you don’t have to use these products, you car will still run but not as good as it could.

Nah...thats what these MARKETEERS want you to believe.

In terms of performance, 40,000km into it's life without an injector clean and it still runs like new. Can average as low as 7.5l/100km and it runs nice times at the drags. I can't really imagine it running any better than that.

After using BP premium for over six months now and three bottles of fuel doctor (as instructed) I really like the way my Aurion drives. It just has the awesome up and go feeling when you floor it. Quiet engine, smooth acceleration and idles smooth as.

Not kidding but when I got this car when I was stopped at lights the car would vibrate, now its like the engine is not even on.

Combination of six months of BP98 and fuel doctor really gives you that nice giddy feeling inside. Especially with all the new fluids in my Aurion as well, tranny, oil, power steering etc :D

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys,

I know this is a bit after the fact, but just joined and read the note about Jetstream not being compatible with D4-D. The Jetstream is fine for D4-D, in fact it can be used in all diesel and petrol engines inculding DI petrol and CDI Diesel.

Yeah sure it if you want your D4D to rattle ping and carry on to the point of it been embarrassing then by all means use it... Toyota has never recommended the use of jet stream in D4-D or the D4-S engines. Hence as to why it was discontinued and the new formula brought on line which has the tag line now formulated for D4 series engine.

Anyway it won't be an issue anymore because jet stream is a thing of the past and has been for 3 or 4 months so I’d doubt any dealer would have any left on the shelves.