Want to improve your Aurions perforomance & Fuel Economy??

Adamsy

Personally, regardless of how good the injector cleaner is, unless you injectors are seriously dirty, a majority of the effects you feel will be placebo. And if you don't let the placebo effect get a hold of you and you don't feel any difference, this doesn't necessarily mean that it is not doing its job.

A good sign that you have fallen victim to the placebo effect in this case is if you feel a difference immediately after leaving the petrol station. The reason for this is that these products don't work instantly because they are mixed with the fuel. It has to run through a bit of the fuel before it completes its cycle.

We found within work vehicles that we noticed the change after the first tank of fuel so near as makes no difference to 600kms, any major change before then would be the placebo effect. i'm thinking the difference would be more noticeable in a diesel hilux or the like more so than a car with the 2GR-fe engine as it's always a smooth idler/engine. But you should notice some difference after a tank or so.

unique, on 24 April 2010 - 11:55 PM, said:

Adamsy , what does this aircon cleaner look like and how do we use it? Where do we apply it?

Djkor's post is pretty much on the money here, you don’t need to wait quite so long but that's pretty much the story though. Might be a worthwhile thing to do every time you change your cabin filter, save you having to take it out twice.

I will copy the directions of the can and post them up tomorrow :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So , how can you tell if any of the products already mentioned in this thread are any better than most of the stuff you can buy at Kmart, Autobarn or Supercheap.

I've used this one a few times Nulon Total Fuel System Cleaner

Its hard to tell if its really done anything , fuel economy has stayed the same.

Personally, regardless of how good the injector cleaner is, unless you injectors are seriously dirty, a majority of the effects you feel will be placebo. And if you don't let the placebo effect get a hold of you and you don't feel any difference, this doesn't necessarily mean that it is not doing its job.

A good sign that you have fallen victim to the placebo effect in this case is if you feel a difference immediately after leaving the petrol station. The reason for this is that these products don't work instantly because they are mixed with the fuel. It has to run through a bit of the fuel before it completes its cycle.

We found within work vehicles that we noticed the change after the first tank of fuel so near as makes no difference to 600kms, any major change before then would be the placebo effect. i'm thinking the difference would be more noticeable in a diesel hilux or the like more so than a car with the 2GR-fe engine as it's always a smooth idler/engine. But you should notice some difference after a tank or so.

unique, on 24 April 2010 - 11:55 PM, said:

Adamsy , what does this aircon cleaner look like and how do we use it? Where do we apply it?

Djkor's post is pretty much on the money here, you don’t need to wait quite so long but that's pretty much the story though. Might be a worthwhile thing to do every time you change your cabin filter, save you having to take it out twice.

I will copy the directions of the can and post them up tomorrow :)

If you could post up the directions etc that would be awesome mate. Thanks! I really really really need one of these.

czaja74

Called Toyota dealer and it seems that part number for the air-conditioning is wrong.

ahh yeah sorry my bad, had an educated guess at it after only looking at the bottle once. the part number actually is 08821-00830

sorry guys.

Spray comes with long nozzles. I was tools by the guys in service department too put aircon in recycle and put the nozzle deep in front vent under fropnd window (where light sensopr is) and give about 10-15 sec spray. They said that whole bottle should be enough to do it 5-6 times.

Edited by czaja74

Spray comes with long nozzles. I was tools by the guys in service department too put aircon in recycle and put the nozzle deep in front vent under fropnd window (where light sensopr is) and give about 10-15 sec spray. They said that whole bottle should be enough to do it 5-6 times.

Thats interesting as the directions on the can say this,

1.Detach the glovebox, the filter case and the cabin air filter.

2.Mask the electric wiring near the blower fan with vinyl etc.

3. Spray the ENTIRE quanity of the chemicals towards the evaporator side.

4. Reattach disassembled parts after drying, changding to a new cabin air filter is recomended.

It doesnt say it in the instructions but obviously you need to be running your aircon system so that it goes through your entire A/C system.

FEATURES: Removes unpleasent air conditioner odors/long term deodorization/prevents bacteria, fungus and algae.

Thats interesting as the directions on the can say this,

1.Detach the glovebox, the filter case and the cabin air filter.

2.Mask the electric wiring near the blower fan with vinyl etc.

3. Spray the ENTIRE quanity of the chemicals towards the evaporator side.

4. Reattach disassembled parts after drying, changding to a new cabin air filter is recomended.

It doesnt say it in the instructions but obviously you need to be running your aircon system so that it goes through your entire A/C system.

FEATURES: Removes unpleasent air conditioner odors/long term deodorization/prevents bacteria, fungus and algae.

Thanks for this :)

I'm still a bit confused but i called up my Toyota and asked if they have these new products, the guy on the phone said yes. I told him my car is two years old and i have done 60,000KM's so far but the guy on the phone said that i don't need to.

He told me if they're going to do it, it will be in 3 locations in the car the fuel tank being one of them. Whatever that means. He quoted me BD.30 *86 AUD* for the operation.

I might book an appointment and see what all the fuss is about. What do you guys think? still too early for me?

Edited by PsychoRez

PsychoRez

Advanced Member

I'm still a bit confused but i called up my Toyota and asked if they have these new products, the guy on the phone said yes. I told him my car is two years old and i have done 60,000KM's so far but the guy on the phone said that i don't need to.

He told me if they're going to do it, it will be in 3 locations in the car the fuel tank being one of them. Whatever that means. He quoted me BD.30 *86 AUD* for the operation.

I might book an appointment and see what all the fuss is about. What do you guys think? still too early for me?

This post has been edited by PsychoRez: Today, 06:59 PM

Mate if you’re from Bahrain it's possible that these products are not available/for sale over there, or alternatively Toyota may have some over products for sale over there. Or your dealer may be linked with a 3rd party and maybe selling their fuel system cleaner/injector cleaner? $86 is several times more than the products for sale here.

Can anyone confirm steps to use aircon thingy? It sprays foam not a mist. I don’t thing it will be good idea to just feel up the blower with the foam.

You still inject it into the A/C through the filter slot. It will pass by the blower motor, but it won't wreck it. Due to the way the motor is housed in the centre and how it is a centrifugal fan (therefore pushing air to the outsides), the foam pretty much doesn't get on the motor components.

Thanks for the info man.

Went in and bought the injector cleaner for both my Hilux and Aurion. For the price it can't hurt to try. Really noticed my Hilux knocking alot when cold and efficiency has dropped lately so will see how it goes!

Dan.

Yeah no worries, it would be good if thoise of us who are currently trying the product could report back to the others on here after a tank or two?

Thanks DJKOR. It worked yahoo.gif Used 1 can in two cars but it seems like it does need 1 can per car. Gonna get another one tomorrow.

Hi mate, so how is it going? Any smell return since using it?

Edited by unique

Well here is the story. My Aurion was totally OK no problems with the smell from air-conditioning. However my wife was saying that her Altise aircon smells a little. She is very sensitive when it comes to smell. So I removed a glove box and placed nozzle close to the fan. Run aircon on coldest setting and full fan speed. Sprayed slowly a half a can of desinfectant. Left car running on recycled for about 15 min. She says that it feels much fresher. Also did my Aurion too just in case. I'm happy to give it thumbs up.

As for the Fuel Doctor it seems that it does the job. Car feels more responsive but I guess time will tell.

Edited by czaja74

Well here is the story. My Aurion was totally OK no problems with the smell from air-conditioning. However my wife was saying that her Altise aircon smells a little. She is very sensitive when it comes to smell. So I removed a glove box and placed nozzle close to the fan. Run aircon on coldest setting and full fan speed. Sprayed slowly a half a can of desinfectant. Left car running on recycled for about 15 min. She says that it feels much fresher. Also did my Aurion too just in case. I'm happy to give it thumbs up.

As for the Fuel Doctor it seems that it does the job. Car feels more responsive but I guess time will tell.

Cool!

When you sprayed it into the fan, doesn't the fan get wet? When I sprayed my Oust spray the fan got all wet and I stopped after getting worried it might blow it up, lol.

Yeah no worries, it would be good if thoise of us who are currently trying the product could report back to the others on here after a tank or two?

Well, on that thought, after a tank and a bit I can definately feel an improvement. Coming down from the back of Spreyton this arvo with her loaded floor to ceiling with DJ gear, I put the foot flat from 20km/h and it certainly feels like its got a bit more go. Not a massive difference, but still better than before. I don't imagine the placebo effect has much to do with that either, coz I thought at the time how much better she ran, but up until 10 minutes ago, I completely forgot I'd even put the cleaner through! Its still driving a bit funny (yeah, real decriptive, I know, lol), think I need a balance and an alignment, and possibly get my gearbox ECU reset for good measure.

When you sprayed it into the fan, doesn't the fan get wet? When I sprayed my Oust spray the fan got all wet and I stopped after getting worried it might blow it up, lol.

You still inject it into the A/C through the filter slot. It will pass by the blower motor, but it won't wreck it. Due to the way the motor is housed in the centre and how it is a centrifugal fan (therefore pushing air to the outsides), the foam pretty much doesn't get on the motor components.

This is also why you continue to run the A/C after the contents of the can have been emptied. It will allow any residue on the blades of the fan to dry off.

This is also why you continue to run the A/C after the contents of the can have been emptied. It will allow any residue on the blades of the fan to dry off.

Oh okay, cool :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a can of the "A/C Evaporator Cleaner & Anti-Bacterial Coating" from my dealer. I will be putting that through my A/C this weekend when I do my Pre-National Meet service. Mine doesn't have much of a smell.... only faint, but I got this more as a preventative maintenance since it supposedly is meant to give an anti-bacterial coating.

One thing to note is what is said on the can:

May cause genetic defects / May damage fertility or the unborn child

One of the service guys that came into the office as I was holding the can also gave good warning to really be careful with this stuff. He said he uses a mask but still personally doesn't trust it. He was saying if you want to spray direct from the inside through the pollen filter slot, you should be spraying it in while keeping your head (with mask) as far possible from the vents.

For this product, you should be removing the pollen filter, putting the cover back on the front, opening the fresh air vent and use the rather long hose they supply with the can to stick in through the front fresh air inlet underneath the wiper on the passenger side.

There was a bunch of details on a document that say more about the product etc, but my mate at the counter couldn't find it. When the service guy came in and after giving his warning, said they don't give that document out. Laughed a little and said it's a secret :lol: