Want to improve your Aurions perforomance & Fuel Economy??

Adamsy

I was thinking of buying some Fuel Doctor but something got me thinking. Since i used only 98 octance (shell V Power and BP Ultimate) since i bought the car and since they both contain cleaning agents in them. Wouldn't the petrol do the same job as Fuel Doctor when it comes to cleaning the engine?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of buying some Fuel Doctor but something got me thinking. Since i used only 98 octance (shell V Power and BP Ultimate) since i bought the car and since they both contain cleaning agents in them. Wouldn't the petrol do the same job as Fuel Doctor when it comes to cleaning the engine?

Probably. I just bought the stuff because of the claims that it keeps your fuel tank clean. I probably got suckered in, but oh well.

On a side note, I stopped using it a little wile ago after I had way too many spills in my glove box. The lids on them don't particularly seal very well.

Is interesting how much difference tire pressures really make. The same trip from Dubbo to Broken Hill, same cruising speed of 105km/h and the same load, wife and kid with a/c on two separate times, one with tires at 32psi and the next at 38psi yielded a resection of 0.8 l/100km from 7.6 l/100km down to 6.8 l/100km.

21383195.jpg

Is interesting how much difference tire pressures really make. The same trip from Dubbo to Broken Hill, same cruising speed of 105km/h and the same load, wife and kid with a/c on two separate times, one with tires at 32psi and the next at 38psi yielded a resection of 0.8 l/100km from 7.6 l/100km down to 6.8 l/100km.

21383195.jpg

Yes, The correct. slightly higher tyre pressure sometimes makes a difference on fuel consumption.

When i drove from sydney to Dubbo, I had 34 psi the first round on the tyres, by the time i got to dubbo the needle was between quater and half, the second time i had 37 PSI the needle was about a CM below from half tank.

• 2 months later...

Not kidding but when I got this car when I was stopped at lights the car would vibrate, now its like the engine is not even on.

yeah I know what you mean

sometimes I even switch to neutral at the lights

but I only had/noticed it when the car is two years old

dealer said there is nothing wrong

I even compared it side by side with work mate's Aurion but in-conclusive

too bad we are in difference city otherwise I would bug you for a comparison

Not kidding but when I got this car when I was stopped at lights the car would vibrate, now its like the engine is not even on.

yeah I know what you mean

sometimes I even switch to neutral at the lights

but I only had/noticed it when the car is two years old

dealer said there is nothing wrong

I even compared it side by side with work mate's Aurion but in-conclusive

too bad we are in difference city otherwise I would bug you for a comparison

Haha. When stopped at red lights with car in drive my aurion feels like it's not even on. IMO it's the bp ultimate fuel that did the trick, which I have been using non stop ever since I bought the car one year ago, she has never ever been fed a different type or brand of fuel. I suspect the past owner never put quality fuels in it as it was an ex fleet(one owner though).

Edited by Silver-Aurion

• 9 months later...

It's true you don’t have to use these products, you car will still run but not as good as it could.

Nah...thats what these MARKETEERS want you to believe.

I tend to fall for the marketing crap hence why I like to use Fuel Doctor. But this isn't for the injector cleaning properties, it's for the supposed fuel tank cleaning properties. That said, I have been meaning to get some once I got the TRD, but still haven't got around to it.

In terms of performance, 40,000km into it's life without an injector clean and it still runs like new. Can average as low as 7.5l/100km and it runs nice times at the drags. I can't really imagine it running any better than that.

Hey djkor

Have you used any injector cleaners or fuel doctor on your trd? If you have, notice any difference?

Cheers

unique: You should do some research on 'Fuel Doctor'. It's all a personal thing but that's what I use.

Wow, that stuff looks pretty good. Reading few reviews before it looks like it does work and also watched the video. As I said it seriously won't kill to try this stuff. It's a very once off thing to do so it can't really hurt in the hip pocket.

But I'm still not quite sure how much to use and when it use? Reading here: http://www.fueldocto...motive/more/21/

It is saying I fill up petrol, and since I have never used this product in the car before, I should shock treat the car with the FULL 275mls then after that I never need to use it again for another 100,000KM?

Hmm... the skeptic in me is thinking that this sounds awfully like that miracle pill you pop into your fuel tanks..... Firepower Pill or something like that.

Edited by Beep Beep