ZRE 6 stacker stereo error

Heya,

I now have an "error 3" on my screen when trying to play any cd in the 6 stacker ZRE stereo.

Cd will not eject, nor will "eject all" input work. Done what the manual says and no go. Ive herd from my contact at toyota that the stereo is faulty on a few levels. I also have a sh*t of a time trying to pair up bluetooth, and once its actually paired up, it drops out and wont pair up again... apparently there is a flash for this problem...

anyways, anyone else had "error 3"?

I guess its off the the stealer again.

My mate had issues with his ZRE headunit refusing to read or eject discs, he took it to Toyota and they said that it's a common problem with these headunit. They replaced it twice, and in the end my mate got fed up with it and just installed an aftermarket headunit.

Thanks, hopefully they replace it with the new one :)

The updated ones are a lot nicer. USB / iPod interface, little screen with choice of 3 average colors. Some stupid ASL thing that changes the volume depending on the speed (ANNOYING)

I think JV11NL likes mines :) It would look good in his car.

Toyota are replacing the faulty head unit. Ive tried to pull some strings to get the facelift setezza, so hopefully that pans out. I cant see the point of replacing the unit with another of the same, the same fault prone unit. Man i hope i get the facelift unit....

Toyota are replacing the faulty head unit. Ive tried to pull some strings to get the facelift setezza, so hopefully that pans out. I cant see the point of replacing the unit with another of the same, the same fault prone unit. Man i hope i get the facelift unit....

If they do give you the new one tell me :) mine head unit is givign me the ****s hard some times it will refuse to eject the cd and wont play songs on it ><!

Any news? which unit do you have Pete, orange like mine or the one with the screen like BGpete? seeing as you both have 09's iam wondering what month they changed them.So far i havent had an issue :unsure:

Yeah i think its the orange one like yours John, I know that other unit with the screen was released with the "Edge" model, and i think it may have been an upgrade at the time....no, its not, Im pretty sure thats the Edge head unit. If i remember its now in the facelift, is that correct anyone?

Still waiting to hear back from the stealer. I gave my contact a little nudge the other day re pushing for the new unit. See how it goes but im not holding my breath..

Nah, they replaced the older headunit with the new ones with screens for the last batch of ZRE's before the facelift. So it wasn't just on the Edge.

Well as i thought, they replaced it with the same sh*t unit. Funny enough, as i was leaving another lady came in with BT issues/problem with the facelift head unit. Me thinks there is some issues that have to be fixed soon....

Oh, and the "best" installer scratched my dash, and didnt put the air outlet back on straight, well forced it into place.. Nice work for the "top" installer there. Now i have to go back and get it straightened or im afraid it will snap where it is bent. What a F*#kn joke. :angry: They have to replace that dash cover now... I wont be going back there after they fix this.

We should have a name and shame stealer/service thread. :angry:

Well i got stuffed around again today. Rocked up after talking to a numbskull last night in service, he asked me to come in this morning to straighten the air cond vents (i only told them this cause if its warped or cracks then they will be replacing this also, trying to save them money and save myself time). Anyhoo, turned up, no numbskull there, the others didnt give a sh*t and told me not to worry about it and they just looked at it, poked it, and said they will fix it when the upper dash piece arrives. :angry: So i drive 25 min to just be turned around and told not to worry about it. Oh im really getting angry now...

Northpoint is the hole. Sales at Northpoint are good guys, the service department is a f*ckin joke. I cant believe the way they treat me and the garb they try to get away with. 3 thumbs down. Dip Sh*ts incorporated.

Well as i thought, they replaced it with the same sh*t unit. Funny enough, as i was leaving another lady came in with BT issues/problem with the facelift head unit. Me thinks there is some issues that have to be fixed soon....

Oh, and the "best" installer scratched my dash, and didnt put the air outlet back on straight, well forced it into place.. Nice work for the "top" installer there. Now i have to go back and get it straightened or im afraid it will snap where it is bent. What a F*#kn joke. :angry: They have to replace that dash cover now... I wont be going back there after they fix this.

We should have a name and shame stealer/service thread. :angry:

Is there enough room on here for shame list? <_< Pity you didnt get the newer headunit though.. When i took mine for its 1000km inspection the guy got in my car,threw his clip board on the dash and drove off,got home and there was a nice scratch on mine too :angry: Unfortunately the current plastics are prone to scratching,its a letdown...