[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

I'll be along, although in all likely hood I will be extremely tired so any assistance to prevent me falling asleep in my chair would be appreciate.

Except from Mick and his shenanigans <_<

I'll be along, although in all likely hood I will be extremely tired so any assistance to prevent me falling asleep in my chair would be appreciate.

Except from Mick and his shenanigans <_<

I have NO idea what you are talking about...

i think i might actually come out this week... considering i dont have to get up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow i should be okay... FUQIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no work tomorrow!!!!! :D :D :D

i think i might actually come out this week... considering i dont have to get up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow i should be okay... FUQIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no work tomorrow!!!!! :D :D :D

If I can ditch this date with a chick tonight I'll come.....

It's sad that I'd rather come to the meet than go on a date *sigh*

Bring her with you

+1. and if you don't like her that much after a bit, I'm sure Mick could make her run.

Bring her with you

+1. and if you don't like her that much after a bit, I'm sure Mick could make her run.

I can do a lot of things...

as a side note, almost edited your post D.... the edit button is where the reply one used to be haha.

as a side note, almost edited your post D.... the edit button is where the reply one used to be haha.

Don't worry mate. I used to do that a lot, and even do that every now and again :lol:

Hamish... remember what I said about that rattle?

There are a couple of other things this could be based on what has been experienced by other members.

One could be the VVT-i controller. My car does this when it has been about 10,000km since my last oil and filter change. Changing these two seems to resolve it, but this isn't technically a fix... just preventing it from occurring. If this is where your noise is coming from and you have had an oil and filter change recently, there is a good chance your controller has broken down more seriously. If you want to read more about this issue, here are some threads of interest.

Another issue could be with the belt. Now I'm not 100% on this as SupaTouring (David) and SecaBoy (Ash) was the one that mentioned it to me and my memory is shoddy, but it had something to do with Toyota releasing a revised belt for the engine which was 25mm shorter than the original one. I don't quite recall how this helps though.