[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

Despite sounding better, I can't believe it was his work in terms of lyrics, and listening to that still makes me want to put a gag on that girl.

A Saturday night meet will require advanced notice for me. I tend to have things to do on a Saturday night. Thursday night is still the perfect day for a weekly meet.

For a Saturday night week, I propose we meet at Johno Road :lol:

Drinks and nibbles sounds good. All pitch in, say something like, 3-5 dollars each to get some stuff.

And we need some more support for this saturday night meet!

Ah I don't mind, I can foot the bill.

You all just owe me love ;-)

Caturday night would be possible but it'll be to darn busy getting home!

Oh, Hamish, your a legend! Ill love you, its okay!

And after thursday night, Im not sure if its just me, but I seem to see "Support the club that supports you" ALOT more :P

Also noticed your sig Daryl, Very nice.

And after thursday night, Im not sure if its just me, but I seem to see "Support the club that supports you" ALOT more :P

Likewise! Just joined the crew ;-)

So any foods/drinks people prefer? Or any allergies anyone has?

I'd be happy for a Saturday meet, provided it doesn't replace the usual Thursday meets.

If we hold one say... first Saturday of every month we get plenty of notice and we don't have to bugger around finding out which Saturday works best for everyone

something's nagging at the back of my mind when it comes to the first Saturday of the month, like I have a prior commitment on that day but I just can't remember it now.

Either way unless it's like a mini-cruise and maybe bbq (make a mini-event out of it) done say bi-monthly or so then I think it would get old very quickly. We already meet up every

Thursday, if we're going to make another regular meet I reckon there should be a bit more time between events (hence bi-monthly) and make it stand out from what we always do anyway on Thursdays.

Just my humble opinion.

I would have to agree with steven on this one.

I think if its the same old thing as a thursday night, it would get boring.

I think that if we do a monthly or bi-monthly and do a mini-cruise/bbq.

Would help break it up.

I agree, hold a vote towards the end of each month to decide on a date suitable for the next month.

Or else we could always just go throw phone books at those valley hookers on Thursdays from now on :-/

If we are going to start throwing ideas around for a BBQ either Oriel Park in Ascot is nice, lots of eye candy to look at for who ever is cooking ;-) or Marry Macross Park(?) I don't know if it is the right name but it's about an hour and a half North of Brisbane it also has stunning views, but of mountains, the park also boasts a Bush track for people keen on walking.

I agree, hold a vote towards the end of each month to decide on a date suitable for the next month.

Or else we could always just go throw phone books at those valley hookers on Thursdays from now on :-/

If we are going to start throwing ideas around for a BBQ either Oriel Park in Ascot is nice, lots of eye candy to look at for who ever is cooking ;-) or Marry Macross Park(?) I don't know if it is the right name but it's about an hour and a half North of Brisbane it also has stunning views, but of mountains, the park also boasts a Bush track for people keen on walking.

I own a car so I don't have to walk... what is this buggery you speak of - walking... lol...

OK, my thoughts on the situation...

- 2nd Saturday every second month (2 and 2 - easy to remember)

- 3:00pm onwards - soonest I can be ready to do anything outside of work and gives everyone a chance to do the stuff they need to do at the start of the weekend...

- Meet at existing meet spot, depart no later than 3:30pm - otherwise see you at the venue, take a short cruise to somewhere not too far away - Mt. Gravatt Look-out, Wellington Point, Woody Point, Redcliffe Pier, Mount Coot-tha, Shorncliffe - this way there are destinations northside and southside to keep it fair (open to suggestion of more - these were just off the top of my head)...

- Summer months - organize a BBQ of some sort (BYO steak / chops and alcohol (if applicable) - plus small donation towards canned soft drinks, snags, onions, bread, sauce, etc... $5.00 each adult perhaps?

- Winter months - meet at a local club / pub for a counter meal or something similar - not too expensive as it would be good to make this family friendly so 4 ppl at Hog's Breath for instance could be a bit of a stretch for some...

- Have it Bi-Monthly as most of us see each other nearly every week, and then usually see at least one other person within a week somewhere or other, so if it were to be every month that would be 5 organized meets a month and several inadvertent runnings into... Possibly verging on excessive... I like you guys - but still...

- Some of us have families, partners, etc... So we need to make sure that this is the occasion where we leave it open to have the extremities of our Toyota based family present - if that makes sense...

- Name for the event - Brisbane TOCAU Bi-Monthly Family Fun Cruise... Mick.Wheelz - to attend in Pedo Bear costume blasting "The Teddy Bears Picnic" from a ghetto blaster (OPTIONAL) - LOLOLOL...

- If anyone likes the idea of this but it seems too in-depth or requires too much co-ordination - I'm happy to throw my hand up to organize this...

thats my 48 cents worth... lol - had this idea in the back of my head for some time so I have spent a little time thinking about it... was gonna sit on it until after the annual meet was outta the way :P

- 2nd Saturday every second month (2 and 2 - easy to remember)

but what is the first month? January is technically the first month, so that wouldnt be the second month. but it cant be february because its not the start of the year... :P

:lol: hahaha, sorry, just being difficult for the sake of it.. :ph34r:

I like your input stew. Very productive.

I Deeply agree with the North AND South side places like wellington point.

Another place which I like is Cleveland Point. Beautiful views, has BBQ's, Patios, Park. But too far for most, I mean cmon, I make the effort to spring hill.

I think it will be an on going planning thing.

WE are doing a crap job organising this Annual Meet, so how about we put some effort into that first.

]you are right d.

i think we need to organise a 'committee' of people who are going to organise this, we need assign tasks and start setting plans in concrete. its getting close....

I should have my personal ***** organised by early next week, so happy to help out however I can with the national. we REALLY need to get something planned

i know i'm not attending the national meet due to getting married... but i have 2 days a week off with ***** all to do so if there's anything I can do to help with the annual meet i'm more than happy to... i'm good at organising *****...

daryl, you say that we're doing a crap job at organising the annual meet, but since that thursday night a while ago, no one has said anything about it or asked people to help out...

i've already offered my time/help/support numerous times, but no one takes me up on the offer...

there's no point in having 10 chief's... i'm more than happy to be an indian... just tell me what you need to get done... :)