Thinking about selling her

I bought my Prodigy for $24,000 and then I started thinking. I could have bought a brand new spanking car for that price. Like a Corolla or Lancer.

I've set my eyes on this: http://buyamitsubishi.com.au/single?id=13088&state=victoria and the new Corollas. (Both are in the early 20's)

It looks nice and is cheaper then what I bought my car. I know that if I were to sell my Prodigy now I could easily resell it for $24,000 with all the extra's I've put on it and the extended warranty I bought etc.

I've looked at the pro's and cons of both cars and the pros and cons of selling and not selling.

Few pro's for the Mitsubishi:

More features, more sporty, smaller, less fuel, brand new (0KM)

Cons, I've never owned a Mitsubishi so I'm unsure about everything where as with Toyota I've owned one for 4 years now(my old camry), I heard resell on Toyotas is better .

These are the sort of things that I'm trying to figure out. At the moment the only thing that is clinching me towards keeping the Aurion is that its a Toyota and you can't go past the quality in mechanics in Toyota and probably the resale value.

what do you guys think? sell it for $24,000 and buy a brand new car for bit cheaper or keep it??

Mitsu is a tin can, really. But Mitsu still making sales, so someone like( or have to) to drive something very slow and poor build for having automatic wipers. :) Mate, changing Aurion for Lancer is something very and very unique.

Mitsu is a tin can, really. But Mitsu still making sales, so someone like( or have to) to drive something very slow and poor build for having automatic wipers. :) Mate, changing Aurion for Lancer is something very and very unique.

Lol, thanks:p

What about something like this? http://www.redbook.com.au/new-cars/details.aspx?R=559284&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String|0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceNum_Int32|0&SearchAction=N&__N=2994%202951%204294953017%204294843236%204294783556%204294965852&silo=1301&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=8&__sid=1289D7FFEA71

I'm just wondering if I made the right choice or not! When I buy a car I'm looking for that bit of grunt in speed, quality, petrol, safety, etc.

In my opinion, $24 000 worth of used Aurion is better than $21 000 worth of Lancer. I guess it all comes down to what you are after in your car, but a brand new car that is cheaper than your second hand Aurion is cheaper for a reason... you get what you pay for. Not just the quality of the car, but the size, performance, etc. But, if you're happy with the what the Lancer can offer you, go for it.

In my opinion, $24 000 worth of used Aurion is better than $21 000 worth of Lancer. I guess it all comes down to what you are after in your car, but a brand new car that is cheaper than your second hand Aurion is cheaper for a reason... you get what you pay for. Not just the quality of the car, but the size, performance, etc. But, if you're happy with the what the Lancer can offer you, go for it.

Very true. This actually crossed my mind as well. The Prodigy when new sold for about $40,000 the lancer when new sells for $21,000, I guess its cheap for a reason, but maybe not? The lancer is a less then the Aurion, by less I mean, smaller engine, smaller car etc so it would be cheaper because less parts. Apples and oranges in this situation.

I found a sexy silver ZR6 on carsales for $25,000 I wonder if I can do a straight swap with the dealer? I contacted them, lets see what they will say when they call me :P :spiteful:

Oh dear God!!! Firstly, how could you put up with that grin. Secondly, these things are slow as f*** when you drive them after driving a 6 cylinder.

Realistically though, no one here is to be the one to tell you if you made the right choice or not. I really depends on what you feel better driving in. How about taking a Lancer for a test drive to see if you can imagine driving it day to day like you would the Aurion. If it feels like it could do he job for you, then scope out the forums to see what others say about it and make some further judgements from there.

Oh dear God!!! Firstly, how could you put up with that grin. Secondly, these things are slow as f*** when you drive them after driving a 6 cylinder.

Realistically though, no one here is to be the one to tell you if you made the right choice or not. I really depends on what you feel better driving in. How about taking a Lancer for a test drive to see if you can imagine driving it day to day like you would the Aurion. If it feels like it could do he job for you, then scope out the forums to see what others say about it and make some further judgements from there.

Well put man. I think I'll keep my Aurion. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, if I had any doubts I would have not bought an Aurion because I researched for a whole month before getting this car. I went through many many cars and forums and the Aurion just stood out on top each time.

But I think the Prodigy look is starting to wear on me a bit. I young guy like me likes the sporty looking cars. I would have opted for the ZR6 but back then the Prodigy was cheaper and still is cheaper then a ZR6 even today. I would have gone the SX6 but I wanted all my creature comforts and the Prodigy WAS the ZR6 but only cosmetic difference and the "sports" suspension.

The one I'm looking at is here in Melbourne, only 42K on her and selling for around $25,500. I doubt the dealer would do a straight swap and would want extra $$ on top or either say no because its another Aurion on his hands. Time will tell.

Well put man. I think I'll keep my Aurion. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, if I had any doubts I would have not bought an Aurion because I researched for a whole month before getting this car. I went through many many cars and forums and the Aurion just stood out on top each time.

But I think the Prodigy look is starting to wear on me a bit. I young guy like me likes the sporty looking cars. I would have opted for the ZR6 but back then the Prodigy was cheaper and still is cheaper then a ZR6 even today. I would have gone the SX6 but I wanted all my creature comforts and the Prodigy WAS the ZR6 but only cosmetic difference and the "sports" suspension.

The one I'm looking at is here in Melbourne, only 42K on her and selling for around $25,500. I doubt the dealer would do a straight swap and would want extra $$ on top or either say no because its another Aurion on his hands. Time will tell.

Mate;; Keep the Prodigy or if the dealer will do a change over on the ZR6 for a reasonable figure consider it,but just do a solid check to make sure its had its services,at which its only coming up to its 3rd one (45000 kms) not inc the complimentry.Check the hand book to see where it was originally sold from,who owned it,where it spent its first life at(check the address out it might be facing the beach salt spray all day and night),then again it might of been owned by someone who had it garaged all its life and lived away from the salt up in the hills around Belgrave or so.

But really mate look and see if the NEW Mitsubishi will hold its value (more so its resale value)

down the track for future changeover deals

Mitsubishi resell is not good generally, quite likely as they are nowhere near as reliable as Toyotas. I have owned a Mitsubish Magna in the past, and have a family member with a Lancer - and the number of combined problems with the cars is just amazing. The Magna had an uncanny way of being able to destroy 2/4 of the engine mounts once a year, corrodes through the same fitting every 3 years (due to incompatible metals!) and generally is all noise and no go. The Lancer, well apart from getting two faulty shockers after 2 months brand new, along with a loose(!) spring and missing bolt holding in the fuel tank, it still works okay - but I definitely wouldn't buy another Mitsubishi. IMO they are a bit cheap and plasticky inside too...

Going from the Magna to the Aurion for me was a no brainer, and I have never looked back for even a moment. However... if you are into modding things on the mechanical front, there is no end to the number of mods you can make to a lancer... anything from turbos to LSDs etc can all be found easily and installed. You want to mod an Aurion? Good luck - at most you can change the suspension, wheels and exhaust. But to me, all it says is that the Aurion was designed properly up front (apart from that crushed Y pipe!) as opposed to requiring mods to bring the most out of it.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it ;)

But I think the Prodigy look is starting to wear on me a bit. I young guy like me likes the sporty looking cars.

Bro Unique, you can change the look on your car to a sportier look, add bodykit, different wheels, sports grill and a spoiler and you are pretty much with a different look, there's no need to change the car..

But I think the Prodigy look is starting to wear on me a bit. I young guy like me likes the sporty looking cars.

Bro Unique, you can change the look on your car to a sportier look, add bodykit, different wheels, sports grill and a spoiler and you are pretty much with a different look, there's no need to change the car..

Thats true man. I think I completely forgot about modding. It's just that, when you make such a big investment you always have second thoughts.

Thanks heaps for making me feel good about my purchase. I love this car but I guess I need more funds to start my modding. She's looking a bit too stocky for my liking!!

Edit: Oh yeah, the dealer called me in the morning about the sportivo but I didn't pick up. lol, I was till half a sleep and some how put the phone on silent, never got around to calling back. Will do that tomorrow.

Edited by unique

Thats true man. I think I completely forgot about modding. It's just that, when you make such a big investment you always have second thoughts.

Thanks heaps for making me feel good about my purchase. I love this car but I guess I need more funds to start my modding. She's looking a bit too stocky for my liking!!

Edit: Oh yeah, the dealer called me in the morning about the sportivo but I didn't pick up. lol, I was till half a sleep and some how put the phone on silent, never got around to calling back. Will do that tomorrow.

Hi Unique,

My previous vehicle was a 05 corolla sedan ascent, a great little car. I had to send the corolla in for some body work and decided to try out the aurion as my rental. I was completely blown away by the power and quality of the aurion. I was looking for a change before I drove the corolla and was looking at similar options, the new corolla, camry or lancer. After driving all of these I decided the aurion was the best value and settled on a ZR6.

I agree with what has been said above, nobody can tell you what to do but my advice is to stick with toyota and if you do decided to do this think about spending money on your existing aurion or upgrading as the thrill of driving is definitely lacking in the corolla and camry despite them being great cars!

I have been comtemplating buying a 350Z for ages, but you can deny the practicality an aurion has. That was the biggest regret when I bought this car, was that perhaps I should have bought something sportier.

I have been comtemplating buying a 350Z for ages, but you can deny the practicality an aurion has. That was the biggest regret when I bought this car, was that perhaps I should have bought something sportier.

I'm not really into these cars. Not sure why but was never in the scene for it.