Full Tank Question?

Hey All,

Today I just put excatly 48.84 Litres into my tank, and I COULD SEE the fuel almost coming out of the tank!

Mind you on the computer it said I only had 42KM's left on the range.

When I got back into the car I only got 400KM's for my range?

On my 08 Ascent if I did a full tank, it would say between 700-800KM's range.

but now in my 09 Conquest, it only goes to 400KM's...

HOW do I fix this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's done like that on purpose so people don't run out of fuel. Just remember what km mark you 'ran out of fuel' and then knowing how much isl eft in the tank and your fuel economy you can work out how much further you can safely travel until it is empty.

I noticed the same in a Toyota Sienna while i was in USA for my Holidays.

The Drive from LA to Vegas to Sacramento always showed up odd numbers after each fill up .

The DTE figures . I know of a friend who pushed his luck in a newer Lancer and ran out of fuel.

If i'm not wrong Toyota have a loft of reserve in their cars when the fuel light comes on.

I noticed the same in a Toyota Sienna while i was in USA for my Holidays.

The Drive from LA to Vegas to Sacramento always showed up odd numbers after each fill up .

The DTE figures . I know of a friend who pushed his luck in a newer Lancer and ran out of fuel.

If i'm not wrong Toyota have a loft of reserve in their cars when the fuel light comes on.

Okay, the YELLOW light in the 08 Ascent turns on at about 35KMs...

I remember when I had the Conquest BRAND NEW, I hit liek 10KM, WITHOUT a single Yellow light, I do know there is a yellow light, because when the sun reflect's it shows the LED light, in the background...

I just need a little help figuring out how to really fix this!

BTW< how much is the reserve tank? & how many KM's can I go without killing the car?

Edited by iVaz

Your ascent read 700-800km range on a full tank? damn man! wat ascent prototype do you drive? most of us zres show under 600 or around the 500km mark.

Back wen i was stock rocker, it showed 540-550ish.. i'd make it to 580-590 once.. and filled up. Best to fill up. Unless you want to completely run out and use that as a gauge, probli not too healthy for the engine to drive around low on fuel.

Depends how you drive and wat mods you have. if you grandma drive, you should get around 550km on a full tank. Hope that helps

Your ascent read 700-800km range on a full tank? damn man! wat ascent prototype do you drive? most of us zres show under 600 or around the 500km mark.

Back wen i was stock rocker, it showed 540-550ish.. i'd make it to 580-590 once.. and filled up. Best to fill up. Unless you want to completely run out and use that as a gauge, probli not too healthy for the engine to drive around low on fuel.

Depends how you drive and wat mods you have. if you grandma drive, you should get around 550km on a full tank. Hope that helps

Mind you the Ascent was my parents 08 car, and my local mechanic's said that, the fuel from before the first 1000km's tries to AVG out your usage, so my parents drive very very... umm, slower than grandparents, so I assume it AVG their driving... and I'm not joking it was between 700-800KM's, yellow light at around 30-35ish, and drove till about 2KM's on the range, then the car wouldn't be a car anymore, but turned into just a piece of 20K metal...

My conquest from Last year, which is BRAND NEW & in the first 1000KM's was driven slower than my parents, still says 350-420... I have no idea... I haven't checked the build date on my parents car, I just assumed it was an 08 since it was bought before MAY in 2008...

Mind you the Ascent was my parents 08 car, and my local mechanic's said that, the fuel from before the first 1000km's tries to AVG out your usage, so my parents drive very very... umm, slower than grandparents, so I assume it AVG their driving... and I'm not joking it was between 700-800KM's, yellow light at around 30-35ish, and drove till about 2KM's on the range, then the car wouldn't be a car anymore, but turned into just a piece of 20K metal...

My conquest from Last year, which is BRAND NEW & in the first 1000KM's was driven slower than my parents, still says 350-420... I have no idea... I haven't checked the build date on my parents car, I just assumed it was an 08 since it was bought before MAY in 2008...

is that yor auto???

I have noticed with the Dual VVTI engines the Fuel economy (factory rating) for short/Urban drives has increased.

I have a 2005 ZZE122 (auto)that my wife drives and she gets 650km on a regular basis.She neither speeds nor drives slower than the rest.

This is one of the things that put me off when i looked at getting the New Corollas , it drinks more fuel for short runs than the older ZZE corollas. Its a real shame as with technology isnt is supposed to get better ? :rolleyes:

well the max ive wanted to risk was driving 40 kms after teh computer said i had 0 left... and my computer onlu says 380km on a full tank ><!!!! though my fuel economy is around 10.6-11L/100kms...

though my fuel economy is around 10.6-11L/100kms...

FAR OUT... do you hit red line on every launch or something? my WORST ever was like... 9.6L/100km!!!

I average 10L/100km in my 2Lt turbo 4wd celica GT4. I don't use boost a lot but still my average is consistent 10-11Lt/100km.

I'm looking at a 2nd hand zre152 as a daily driver and thought fuel economy should be round the 7 mark.

is that yor auto???

Nope, both car's are Manuel, BTW today I filled the Conquest, got 44Litres MAX, with the petrol flowing back out a bit, and I got 445KM on the range.

This time I had 38 maybe 40KM on the range left...

Edited by iVaz

Computers says I'm doing an average of 8.3L/100kms (since reset installing CAI), estimates around 540kms-ish when I jump in!

Before CAI, was doing 7.3L/100kms, around 600-650kms per week. (yes, I drive a fair bit :lol: )

Peter.

what type of fuel u use could alter the figure as well theres difference if u use e10 compare to premium unleaded

Edited by mark2zz

what type of fuel u use could alter the figure as well theres difference if u use e10 compare to premium unleaded

Always been 91 Unleaded...

I also noticed something different in my parents car & mine...

When I JUST drove my parents car, it sounds more beefier, and seems to go faster than the conquest?

I don't understand, plus the conquest has a pussy sounding whine of some sort...

Conquest = Mine, Ascent = Parents.

wah u get 590 a full tank!!>

im actually jealous. i usually get roughly around 450-520 a full tank, cos i like to LIFT it alot hehe :þ

i usually use v-pover

I'm kinda jealous of all you people who get to use LIFT...

The closest I ever got to LIFT is V-Tec :( the ZRE is my first ever Toyota in the entire family!

interestingly enough...

my fuel usage is anywhere between 350-450kms full tank... hmmm

considering i used to get 550-600kms full tank.

It might have something to do with the thing on the engine rofl :lol:

Evo

I find the 2zz great on fuel. I average 650-700kms a tank. I give it a squirt here and there too. Once hit 730 while looking for a servo :D

I find the 2zz great on fuel. I average 650-700kms a tank. I give it a squirt here and there too. Once hit 730 while looking for a servo :D

nice :clap: yeh the 2zz is gr8 on fuel..

nice :clap: yeh the 2zz is gr8 on fuel..

was averaging about 650kms but with the addition of a cold air feed it got bumped up to 650-700 :D

I'm averaging about 450km a tank. From my 70l tank. Yes theres a problem haha.

I really wouldn't trust whatever your trip computer is telling you, I find in the cars that I've used that have them, they're way to conservative and 'safe'. Like going 100km on '0km left'.

Use your trip computer and compare how much you filled to how far you went to get a better reading of fuel consumption.

I'm averaging about 450km a tank. From my 70l tank. Yes theres a problem haha.

I really wouldn't trust whatever your trip computer is telling you, I find in the cars that I've used that have them, they're way to conservative and 'safe'. Like going 100km on '0km left'.

Use your trip computer and compare how much you filled to how far you went to get a better reading of fuel consumption.

Trip meter can be off too if you have changed wheels or tyre size.