Rear Lights

Hi quick question:

Will the 2009 facelift rear lights fit on my 2008 aurion?

I was then thinking of getting them darkened a little with something like DHT nite shade

if possible what prices am i looking at

any suggestions welcomed

thanks in advance

Where can I source them within Australia, if possible?

Your local Toyota dealer. Expect to pay through the nose, because they aren't cheap. Like, to the tune of 3 or 4 hundred bucks for each piece, so, that times 4.

Only alternative is the Thai Hybrid Camry ones which a few here have, which are genuine Toyota, and can be had for around $350 plus shipping. These ones are slightly different to our facelift Sportivo ones in that the have a slight blue tinge and a small red section, as opposed to the Aus ones which are all clear. You have to order from RStyleRacing (or you may find some elsewhere online, but still unlikely to be from Aus) unless somebody here wants to part with their set.

Where can I source them within Australia, if possible?

Your local Toyota dealer. Expect to pay through the nose, because they aren't cheap. Like, to the tune of 3 or 4 hundred bucks for each piece, so, that times 4.

Only alternative is the Thai Hybrid Camry ones which a few here have, which are genuine Toyota, and can be had for around $350 plus shipping. These ones are slightly different to our facelift Sportivo ones in that the have a slight blue tinge and a small red section, as opposed to the Aus ones which are all clear. You have to order from RStyleRacing (or you may find some elsewhere online, but still unlikely to be from Aus) unless somebody here wants to part with their set.

It'll fit straight on. 2 Members here have installed this into theirs, however only 1 remained. :(

Go to members' rides and try looking at SecaBoy's TRD Aurion and you'll see the only TRD in Aus with the new tail-lights. :clap:

yep, after daryl telling me it was gonna cost me like $1200 for the facelift lights, i then looked at the ones from thailand...

MUCH cheaper, and imo, they suit a darker coloured car more than the straight clear ones..

one day when i'm installing the rear bumper lights (yes ingres, i still havent done it yet! haha), i'm gonna take the lights off and get them tinted slightly... give it that "smokey" look...

in my mind, i think it'll look awesome... but reality is a whole different scenario... :lol:

i'm gonna take the lights off and get them tinted slightly... give it that "smokey" look...

in my mind, i think it'll look awesome...

Motion seconded. I think they need to be a bit darker on a black car.

to be honest, they dont look too bad in real life..

as all the brissie boys can back me up on this ( i hope! )... the pics do it absolutely no justice...

it looks a LOT different in real life... :)

but in saying that, i think the "smokey" look would help make them not so "ricey" if you know what i mean... :)

either way, these lights fuqn rock!!! light/dark/whatever colour your car is... they look sick... :D

to be honest, they dont look too bad in real life..

as all the brissie boys can back me up on this ( i hope! )... the pics do it absolutely no justice...

it looks a LOT different in real life... :)

You sure got that right. The true look of these lights just can't be captured in a photo.

either way, these lights fuqn rock!!! light/dark/whatever colour your car is... they look sick... :D

Boy do I know that. Such memories. I really loved that car.

DSC_0028.jpg

yeah man... they worked SO well on that red... i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that "anyone with a red aurion NEEDS these lights"... do it now, right now, dont wait, go go go... :lol:

<_< *looks at scootastaxisx6* <_< hehe

how hard is it to put them on DIY?

As easy as unclipping the rear bumper (not removing, just uncliping the sides), then undoing the nuts on the inside of the boot that secure the lights. Once that is done, they just slide out and you can put the new ones in. 30 minutes tops.

• 1 year later...

As easy as unclipping the rear bumper (not removing, just uncliping the sides), then undoing the nuts on the inside of the boot that secure the lights. Once that is done, they just slide out and you can put the new ones in. 30 minutes tops.

Which side clips for the bumper? It takes me more than an hour to figure out, concluding that I have to take the bumper off. This is somehow a relief to know I dont have to. :D

Which side clips for the bumper? It takes me more than an hour to figure out, concluding that I have to take the bumper off. This is somehow a relief to know I dont have to. :D

Well not technically clips, but you undo the bolts that are on the ends of the bumper up in the wheel arch.

Well not technically clips, but you undo the bolts that are on the ends of the bumper up in the wheel arch.

Just those on the wheel arch? I took off the ones next to the rear lights, the small covered ones that you need to pull out before you can unscrew.

Just those on the wheel arch? I took off the ones next to the rear lights, the small covered ones that you need to pull out before you can unscrew.

Both of them... so four in total. It's basically like you are removing the bumper, but only enough to remove the lights.