Aurion 60K Service

error

Hi,

I have bought a 2007 Aurion ATX with 51K on it. The Car did not come with service/log book.

To be on the safe side I want to do the 60K service now, but I’m not sure about the specifications for this service.

UltraTune is asking $270 and it includes brake fluid flush.. Toyota is asking for $320.

Can I download the Toyota service interval specifications or can someone please tell me what needs to be done for the 60K service.

Cheers,

Steve

Do you know when it was first registered? As Toyotas have the 3 year 100k warranty on them As you are def under the 100k if it is not yet 3 years since first reg you should be able to get the price guarantee from toyota for the 60k service which is only 120 bucks. From what I was reading the service guarantee is transferrable just like the car warranty.

Toyota said they can't tell me what the 60K service is!

The Toyota dealer you mean? The dealer has it right in front of their face what is involved in the service. Unless you've spoken to a bimbo service reception chick, I suggest you try another dealer. 60K includes oil/ filter, brake fluid, rotate/balance.

I need to buy some kind of extended warranty..

They were trying to flog you an extended warranty instead of telling you what a 60K service includes? Definitely try another dealer.

Thanks for all your help.

The vehicle was private purchase about 2 months ago (the buit date is Jan 07). The VIN came up with not eligible with no extra info.

Now I'm thinking of changing the oil and filter myself and take it down to ultra tune or someone else (not Toyota) to do the brake and wheel balance.

This way I use good quality oil/filter and save some cash.. It would be great to learn how to flush the brake system but I guess I leave it for another day.. Or may be watch over the mechanic when he does it..

Thanks again.

Steve

Edited by error

I have always wondered whether brake flushes are really just brake fluid exchanges where the lid is off, the fluid removed via syringe and replaced with new, no flushing involved.

I guess some places will do it right, but I still have my suspicions.

When was the vehicle first registered? That's when the warranty is taken from. If it was still within the 3 years, I'd take it in and ask them. Let them find out for themselves if it's eligible and get them to offer the reason if they say no.

Hi,

I have bought a 2007 Aurion ATX with 51K on it. The Car did not come with service/log book.

To be on the safe side I want to do the 60K service now, but I’m not sure about the specifications for this service.

UltraTune is asking $270 and it includes brake fluid flush.. Toyota is asking for $320.

Can I download the Toyota service interval specifications or can someone please tell me what needs to be done for the 60K service.

Cheers,

Steve

To be honest, a car without log book I wouldn't have touched. It has no log book for a reason which a lot of the time is removed because its never been serviced properly.

But anyway, since the car is out of warranty screw going to the dealer and do it all yourself. With a brake service, find a decent place to do it.

Talking abt 60k servicing ... mine should be due soon as mine last done was May-09 @ 45k but now only did 55k, so I suppose I need to do the next servicing soon.

Just wondering if I bring 2x 5L of Castrol Edge Sport 5W30 to Toyota dealer - how much should I expect the dealer to lower the servicing cost, assuming the servicing cost $320.00

Cheers

Talking abt 60k servicing ... mine should be due soon as mine last done was May-09 @ 45k but now only did 55k, so I suppose I need to do the next servicing soon.

Just wondering if I bring 2x 5L of Castrol Edge Sport 5W30 to Toyota dealer - how much should I expect the dealer to lower the servicing cost, assuming the servicing cost $320.00

Cheers

Don't bother. Chances are they will not use the oil you bring and just use their cheap crap oil and steal your oil.

Cheers

Don't bother. Chances are they will not use the oil you bring and just use their cheap crap oil and steal your oil.

Are you serious?

Cheers

Are you serious?

i serviced my aurion sx6 60k at noble toyota at chullora for $259

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Are you serious?

i serviced my aurion sx6 60k at noble toyota at chullora for $259

Man that's cheap. I rang around some dealers in Brisbane, and most are quoting around $500 to $600 for my SX6 60k.. Can anyone recommend a dealer that isn't a ripoff?

You must have a crappy dealer then.

Man that's cheap. I rang around some dealers in Brisbane, and most are quoting around $500 to $600 for my SX6 60k.. Can anyone recommend a dealer that isn't a ripoff?

Here is my receipt for my 60,000km service. Dealer details are included. I provided my own engine oil and brake fluid. It may not be the cheapest service around, but the location is convenient and compared to some other dealers, when I call to book it in, I can usually drop it off that same afternoon for the evening service or first thing the following morning for standard day service.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/60ke.jpg/

If they supplied the fluids, I would estimate the cost to have been around $299.

what brand, and how much to bring to dealer for brake fluid?

I always brought in 1 litre (two 500mL bottles) whenever the brake fluid change was one of the service requirements. I usually do the brake fluid change myself as required so I only provide Toyota with brake fluid because I was always under the impression that they do a proper ABS bleed where the ABS actuator has to be cycled so it can be bled properly.

I have my suspicions that they don't really do this, but I can never really confirm. Whenever I brought in 1 litre, they only used up one full 500mL bottle so that's all they really need I guess.

Brake fluid is a personal choice... I was using Penrite Sin on my old Sportivo. This costs about $18 per 500mL bottle. Penrite Sin worked quite well for e so I have no issues there. That said, I'm thinking of using something different in my TRD next time I change my fluid though just to see how it goes. Don't know what I will use yet. Still researching.

so you reckon we shd expect reasonably at least $100 lesser if we bring engine oil and brake fluid?

Depending who you take it to, I'd only be expecting between $40 to $80 cheaper if you supply your own oil. $100 is a bit too much to expect in my opinion.

You must have a crappy dealer then.

Here is my receipt for my 60,000km service. Dealer details are included. I provided my own engine oil and brake fluid. It may not be the cheapest service around, but the location is convenient and compared to some other dealers, when I call to book it in, I can usually drop it off that same afternoon for the evening service or first thing the following morning for standard day service.

60ke.jpg

60k2p.jpg

If they supplied the fluids, I would estimate the cost to have been around $299.

The same dealer now wants $640 for the same 60k service. Admittedly I am not supplying my own fluids, but that is a huge difference..

$640? I would have shoved those fluids up there a$$.

I got the same quote from Melbourne city toyota. I almost told the guy to F off but I just said NO thanks and hung up straight away.

What the hell are they doing, pouring liquid gold into our cars? wtf.

I got the same quote from Melbourne city toyota. I almost told the guy to F off but I just said NO thanks and hung up straight away.

Bad choice of words mate. Sigged now.

Why?

Pretty sure my words 'choice' were fair. Almost $640for engine oil and brake fluid is highway robbery especially for a job that takes about one hour.

Lets say you did not supply your own fluids and they charged you $300, that is still $340 extra for fl00d. I really wonder what they're reason is.

Edited by unique

Why?

Pretty sure my words 'choice' were fair. Almost $640for engine oil and brake fluid is highway robbery especially for a job that takes about one hour.

Lets say you did not supply your own fluids and they charged you $300, that is still $340 extra for fl00d. I really wonder what they're reason is.

I was quoted $380.00 for 60k service by Toyota dealer in Berwick.

Why?

Pretty sure my words 'choice' were fair.

Nevermind then. Probably good that you can't see what I'm referring to.

• 3 weeks later...