17" kappas... few q's

Well I was nicely pointed to these kappas: http://www.nunawadingtoyota.com.au/generic-specials.php (click on the forth box). For the tyre and wheel package its only $880. Is this a good price as I have no clue when it comes to tyres except how to put air in them and to check tread.

It says its for Corrolla, but does that make a difference, is there any difference the Aurion kappas or the Corrolla kappas or did they just advertise these as corrolla for no reason?

since they are going to change it, will it be possible to sell my old wheels on ebay or should I keep them just in case?

also, I will these effect handling, fuel consumption. safety, legal issues etc (ie, make it worse)

Edited by unique

Well I was nicely pointed to these kappas: http://www.nunawadingtoyota.com.au/generic-specials.php (click on the forth box). For the tyre and wheel package its only $880. Is this a good price as I have no clue when it comes to tyres except how to put air in them and to check tread.

It says its for Corrolla, but does that make a difference, is there any difference the Aurion kappas or the Corrolla kappas or did they just advertise these as corrolla for no reason?

since they are going to change it, will it be possible to sell my old wheels on ebay or should I keep them just in case?

also, I will these effect handling, fuel consumption. safety, legal issues etc (ie, make it worse)

Ninja Hamster sniffing out bargains for fellow Toyota drivers :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I remember locking at some Toyota 17" alloy and they were $225 each without tyre or fitting so my guess for kappa 17" is $280ish considering 18" kappa cost $400. The kappa wheels are all the same with the PCD and offset so most Toyota cars can use it.

I was also considering getting this deal but the tyres are just too small for the Aurion. You would be risking your safety and the speedo would be even more inaccurate.

Your best choice is to get buy the deal, sell the tyres to a Corolla driver and buy proper size wheels for the Aurion.

Edited by Hamster

Ninja Hamster sniffing out bargains for fellow Toyota drivers :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I remember locking at some Toyota 17" alloy and they were $225 each without tyre or fitting so my guess for kappa 17" is $280ish considering 18" kappa cost $400. The kappa wheels are all the same with the PCD and offset so most Toyota cars can use it.

I was also considering getting this deal but the tyres are just too small for the Aurion. You would be risking your safety and the speedo would be even more inaccurate.

Your best choice is to get buy the deal, sell the tyres to a Corolla driver and buy proper size wheels for the Aurion.

Ahh, I see, the Kappas are standard across the whole range but its just the tyre sizes are a bit different from each other. Sweet, will look further into it.

Just wondering what size of tyre that fits this 17" x 7" kappa wheels for Aurion? Based on the tyre calculator the one comes in this package is 225/45R17 does not match the stock for aurion.

Just wondering what size of tyre that fits this 17" x 7" kappa wheels for Aurion? Based on the tyre calculator the one comes in this package is 225/45R17 does not match the stock for aurion.

The size tire that fits on these 17x7's when used on an Aurion is exactly the same as what the Sportivo takes. Either 215/55R17 or 225/50R17.

if you get that package, just be prepared to buy new tires... the 45 profile tyres wont work on the aurion...

215/55R17 is the most economical size to buy that will work... expect to pay approx 200ish per tyre (RE001 adrenalins)

if you get that package, just be prepared to buy new tires... the 45 profile tyres wont work on the aurion...

215/55R17 is the most economical size to buy that will work... expect to pay approx 200ish per tyre (RE001 adrenalins)

215/55r18 for re001 comes with 94 load rating but aurion atx needs 95 ... from redbook specs, sportivo is 93 so it's ok for sportivo and not atx?

215/55r18 (correction... R17) for re001 comes with 94 load rating but aurion atx needs 95 ... from redbook specs, sportivo is 93 so it's ok for sportivo and not atx?

That is correct. The AT-X requires a higher load rating for some odd reason so you will need to look for other tires.

215/55r18 (correction... R17) for re001 comes with 94 load rating but aurion atx needs 95 ... from redbook specs, sportivo is 93 so it's ok for sportivo and not atx?

That is correct. The AT-X requires a higher load rating for some odd reason so you will need to look for other tires.

whoa, hrmmm thats news to me... any reason why the atx would need a higher load rating?? adverse effects that could arise from using a 94W tyre on the ATX?

:huh:

whoa, hrmmm thats news to me... any reason why the atx would need a higher load rating?? adverse effects that could arise from using a 94W tyre on the ATX?

Don't know. Just Toyota being themselves I guess.

Probably not any adverse affects seeing the difference isn't much. The biggest issue you will have though is insurance. Get into an accident and they find you have the wrong tires, they will probably invalidate your claim.

Most likely because the stock wheels/tyres on the AT-X naturally come in a higher load rating (bigger tyres and smaller wheels generally do), and then the regs state that you can't put something on with a lower rating than what came standard, and thus the anomaly arises. Same thing used to happen from memory when they facelifted the ZZE, you could put Sportivo wheels on the pre-facelift Ascent but not the facelift (or something like that) due to the change in size and rating of the standard wheels/tyres.

but dosent the presara come stnd with 17x7's and share the same body as the ATX?

damn, was wanting to get the adrenalins again when they wear out too! :(

Tyre placards (which dictate standard tyre size and load rating) are usually specific to each individual model.

but dosent the presara come stnd with 17x7's and share the same body as the ATX?

Tyre placards (which dictate standard tyre size and load rating) are usually specific to each individual model.

yeah, looks like the only potenza tyre is the RE050A which has a 98 load rating.. *sigh* more cashola goneee

yeah, looks like the only potenza tyre is the RE050A which has a 98 load rating.. *sigh* more cashola goneee

sorry Davo for bringing this tyre thingy ...

I can't get the tyre & wheel 17" kappa deal ... so going for 18" kappa :)

sorry Davo for bringing this tyre thingy ...

I can't get the tyre & wheel 17" kappa deal ... so going for 18" kappa :)

nah if anything you've done me a favour! would of been gutted if anything had happened and got knocked back from insurance.. plus gotta keep it safe ;) so thanks! :)

heavily considering the RE050A's but will look at other brands before purchasing.

Edited by -DAvo

Got one question guys, not sure if anyone can answer this,

Driving Wise, is there much or any difference between the Kappa 17s wheels and the Vortex 17s Wheel or is it just looks?

Got one question guys, not sure if anyone can answer this,

Driving Wise, is there much or any difference between the Kappa 17s wheels and the Vortex 17s Wheel or is it just looks?

Alloy wheels are just for looks and do no improvement in driving wise. Unless you go with racing wheels which are lighter and have like 50 spokes to spread the weight around the wheel while driving then no.

There are a set on Ebay in NSW:[NSW] Ebay: a set of 17" Kappa's with 225/45R17 (tyre size for the Corolla)

Ends 1st July

Edit: The same seller also has a set of five 18" Kappa's with 225/45R18 (correct tyre size for Aurion)

Also both sets have the TRD centre caps.

Edited by u54mot

Alloy wheels are just for looks and do no improvement in driving wise. Unless you go with racing wheels which are lighter and have like 50 spokes to spread the weight around the wheel while driving then no.

Awsome, Thanks Hamster :)

• 4 months later...