Track Day (56k=No)

But with the stock suspension didn't you get real taily!!

It was taily like you wouldn't believe, but I realised just how much room there is coming out of turn one, I was almost able to be in lift in 3rd on the exit, if you get the turn in right it just flows nicely as it straightens. But I straight away lost confidence in my tyres so backed off. Hopefully I'll have some semis next time I'm able to make it ;).

rollamods - and it'll grow expinentially until people are bored of it!!! Maybe you should charge and make some cash out of it ;)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the video's down as the large one was downloaded 1184 times in two days... sucking up 3.4gb of my bandwidth.

edit:  my stats were updated after yesterday... 2066 downloads and over 6.5Gb of bandwidth used!

hahahaha, congratulations MAP81.. you're famous thumbsup.gif

But with the stock suspension didn't you get real taily!!

It was taily like you wouldn't believe, but I realised just how much room there is coming out of turn one, I was almost able to be in lift in 3rd on the exit, if you get the turn in right it just flows nicely as it straightens. But I straight away lost confidence in my tyres so backed off. Hopefully I'll have some semis next time I'm able to make it ;).

rollamods - and it'll grow expinentially until people are bored of it!!! Maybe you should charge and make some cash out of it ;)

I noticed that that too, and i was juggling between 2nd gear wheel spinning out in LIFT or 3rd gear having a smoother transition which is obviously better and quicker but the damn tyres just won't let you grip!

p.s. MAP81 is going to be rich and famous, everyone i know that owns a car has seen that clip!! :lol:

I noticed that the car looks like it handles better with the bloke with the red shirt on compared to the other fat bloke. In that pic it looks like the struts on the passenger side have given up all together. :P

Mark has also put another question rest.

This has proven that you should not have any problems at all with rain, puddles or minor flooding with a CAI.

...did you not see the photo's of marks motor with the intake plenum off?

It had to be removed to drain out the water, then clean out the residue before attempting to start the motor!

The CAI did a good job of filling the entire lower section of the plenum with water.

This has proven that you should not have any problems at all with rain, puddles or minor flooding with a CAI.

It had to be removed to drain out the water, then clean out the residue before attempting to start the motor!

The CAI did a good job of filling the entire lower section of the plenum with water.

Yes, but what I'm meaning is that hydrolock did not occur ( The Engine did not blow in this most extreme case ). I and Kcorro know of a Golf R32 that did have it's $32k engine replaced ( Insurance ) due to being in a minor flood in Melbourne. People have previously raised the question about driving in rain or hitting puddles with a CAI, this to me has shown that your engine should be pretty safe driving through rain with a CAI.

Yes, but what I'm meaning is that hydrolock did not occur ( The Engine did not blow in this most extreme case ). I and Kcorro know of a Golf R32 that did have it's $32k engine replaced ( Insurance ) due to being in a minor flood in Melbourne. People have previously raised the question about driving in rain or hitting puddles with a CAI, this to me has shown that your engine should be pretty safe driving through rain with a CAI.

The reason the car didn't hydrolock is because fuel in brisbane these days is water'd down so much the car couldn't tell the difference between petrol and water.. it just thought it was an even lower octane hehehe...

Now you're really famous, my friend who works in Toyota Development Engineering - Melbourne just sent me a link to the video clip !

daym, word gets around pretty quick

congrats map81.. your sevice dept will probably have a smile on their face when they see you :P

Now you're really famous, my friend who works in Toyota Development Engineering - Melbourne just sent me a link to the video clip !

daym, word gets around pretty quick

congrats map81.. your sevice dept will probably have a smile on their face when they see you :P

We know quite a lot of the guys where the car is serviced... They've already had a laugh about it :P