Track Day (56k=No)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have sportivo's right?

I have an ascent that I've taken to 225 and it still had more - I just ran out of *PRIVATE* road......

drive28mh.gif

Now let's not get carried away... we all obey the speed limits here people... ;)

Am I correct??? :blink::blink::huh::rolleyes::rolleyes: B)

Zee - I think I was pushing 180 into the kink, even managed to push through the kink on a couple of occasions where I had a free run and the tyres weren't too squishy..

Edited by Blue_Stivo

You guys have sportivo's right?

I have an ascent that I've taken to 225 and it still had more - I just ran out of *PRIVATE* road......

drive28mh.gif

ahh but is yours an auto?

we both have manual levin's

Manual in fifth gear

Not related to Nino_leb

and yes still had more from 225 - I don't mean it was still accelerating like it was in first - I just mean it hadn't hit rev limiter yet (6200 in an ascent).

next time I do it I'll get someone to take a photo for you all.

:o Glad all is ok.

The Mazda Forum mentions another Corolla spinning out earlier due to bolt falling off the bilstein suspension?

Also, I can't seem to open the video clip.

That wasn't a rolla mate, it was a car a fair bit more expensive but at the owners request there should not be discussions around this vehicle :).

:o Glad all is ok.

The Mazda Forum mentions another Corolla spinning out earlier due to bolt falling off the bilstein suspension?

Also, I can't seem to open the video clip.

Top Speed...

pffft.... who gives a @#$@!!!

if you want to try out top speed then why not get a car that actually has some proper speed?!

i drive a levin, and couldn't car less on what i can clock on topspeed.

measuring it is like measuring the size of your... (well heaps of things) but the bottom line is... WHO CARES?!

how about we talk about more interesting things like how lines should be taken at what speed and gear as well as the difference a LSD might make to the entry and exit speed.

That wasn't a rolla mate, it was a car a fair bit more expensive but at the owners request there should not be discussions around this vehicle :).

That's fair enough ;)

Not really interested in the car itself, I'm more interested in the Bilstein component fault that actually caused the incident.

I'm not so sure about the "component failure" reason... The skidmarks on the track indicated it could have been driver error. I've got no doubt the impact the car had would have broken the suspension though...

Now let's not get carried away... we all obey the speed limits here people... ;)

Am I correct???  :blink:  :blink:  :huh:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  B)

Zee - I think I was pushing 180 into the kink, even managed to push through the kink on a couple of occasions where I had a free run and the tyres weren't too squishy..

You sure it was 180km/h Dylan :blink: ? I never really looked at my speedo to be honest but just estimating in 4th gear if you drive through the kink with accelerator still to the floor i am guessing 4th gear 7500-8000rpm? What speed would that be? But i never had that much confidence in my tyres and brakes to start with so my accelerator was always eased off when approaching the kink :P

But with the stock suspension didn't you get real taily!!

I took the video's down as the large one was downloaded 1184 times in two days... sucking up 3.4gb of my bandwidth.

edit: my stats were updated after yesterday... 2066 downloads and over 6.5Gb of bandwidth used!

Edited by rollamods