Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

was at the repair place when i took this...

mad tread design eh? :D

2011-02-10164302.jpg

Cars ETA is sometime next week... i've added something new to the cosmetics... so stay tuned! ;)

Glad to see its all coming along Duy - sorry about the rims :( But I'm sure the car will be back as good as new :D See you again at the end of the month!

Edited by Tash

Just read through the whole thread. Very enjoyable read with a good build :D Didn't like the parts about the rich wife and the gutter though. I suppose they are the protagonists in this story of achieving an amazing lap at Winton ;)

I shall be watching this thread closely :D

Just read through the whole thread. Very enjoyable read with a good build :D Didn't like the parts about the rich wife and the gutter though. I suppose they are the protagonists in this story of achieving an amazing lap at Winton ;)

Just curious how long did that take u? Haha

Just curious how long did that take u? Haha

Hmm, well with interuptions.......umm, add the square number to the subtraction of the denominator......about 6 hrs.....with distractions......and slow loading speeds, lol

hey cruzer, thanks dude. well think if it this way, it could have been much much worse. so i'm glad they are fixing it instead of writing it off. effort and time put into this car can't be paid out by money.

well all i have to worry about is this damaged rim... i'm going to take my chances and try to straighten the rim so it spins true. worse case scenario is i'm going to have to track in my stock sportivo rims again. it will suck because i needed the width. the best i will have to do is to maybe change the two fronts to the green rims OR buy a pair that can go on the rears that have the same size and width so it can balance out.

does anyone know the street legality for the rims. if they don't spin true, is that illegal? Hmm.gif

from one place i usually go to, they said i can get away with it if i put it on the rear. but one place said that its not safe because it wobbles too much. i'm going to bring it to a place which specailises in repairing the rims and see what they say. without looking at it he said it may cost between 80-120 dollars, depending on how bad the rim is. i pray to god that they can fix it so it spins true again... i've grow quite attached to these rims as they were a good find and buy. even after more than 3 weeks i'm still gutted looking at them. Sob.gif

Love the quote in your sig :D

Still sucks about the wheels :( Now I found out that I also need to straighten the wheels, pretty big buckle in one of them and the other 3 also have buckles :(

• 2 weeks later...

so guys... an update on whats going on...

my cars back in my driving hands from 3pm tomorrow :) the panel beaters still got a couple of things to do but he let me have the car til he gets it in since i'm such a nice bloke lol :P

anyways, i got my rim back from the polishing and repair place in coburg... looks alright form the outside, smoothed it out very well and built it up with aluminum and sanded it down.

a few pics...

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

except one problem... measured outer edge to the inner edge of rim

undamaged part of the rim (for clarity its 190mm)

DSC01326.jpg

repaired part of the rim (for clarity its 188mm)

DSC01325.jpg

so its 2mm out... opinions guys? the rim repair place said that if he rolled it anymore, he'd risk cracking the rim itself. he said it will live on the rears fine. i whacked it on the balancer at the tyre guys place (near home) and he said there isn't much difference from last time. but he also said that will balance out and be fine in the rears also. i just don't want my safety to be comprised on the track with speeds of ~160 km/hr... i stressed it to him and he said it will be fine. 26 yrs in the trade and he never had a problem with repairing rims. he said to me that he'd seen much much worse and he still repaired them OK.

Another thing, i got my OCV strainers for the VVT and VVTL valves :)

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

sexy time is coming and hopefully this fixes my 7.8k limo problem ;)

Kenshin out! :lol:

I think that 2mm will be fine on the rear,won't even notice it or remember it's there... You say 26yrs in the trade? It shows, i've seen a heap of damaged/repaired rims and that is great work...

Other repairers would be (Takata) green with envy :P

After 1 month of sadness

After 1 month of body rolling

After 1 month of ****ty fuel consumption

After 1 month of putting up with people over-taking me on the roads

After 1 month of lagging behind friends

...I got my 2nd Wife back ;)

Now it’s time to return the favour; hit lift and lead again BAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! >=]

ASIAN KEN BLOCK IS BACK!!! :lol:

Next goal: beat 1:54.06 at winton :D

Pictures to come when the "add-ons" are complete ;)

stay tuned :lol:

Loved seeing your ride cruising the streets of Bendigo. Woulda definitely turned heads. Pretty sure none of the locals woulda seen green wheels :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I guess I should update my status eh?

Well got my car back 2 weeks ago from the panel beaters. I got a rear skirt pending to come and be painted so the pictures you are gonna see are pre-rear skirt pics :P

Car drives fine and the steering is somewhat better than what i had before. (don't ask me how and why maybe its a placebo effect <_<)

The buckled rim as you will see later isn't really bad when its rotating. at lower speeds you can see a slight buckle (2mm difference) but no vibration as the speeds go higher 110km/hr. No air leaks also which concludes that the repair job was done well. However, when i do find one of these rims i will immediately replace the buckled rim with that one. It will have to do for now. For the mean time it will roll on the rear right as the winton track is a clockwise track so it receives the minimal pressure upon cornering. ;)

Testing the repaired rim on the way to bendigo meet (nice meet tash! well done :D)

DSC01354.jpg

Back to green with envy!

DSC01383.jpg

The day after I got the car back its to eviltwins place to get that varex muffler and sports pedals i so patiently waited for ;) (pictures do have a bit of mature content in them but dw, your kids may not need to cover their eyes. :P Thanks to Mick and John who helped me wire up the varex and install the sport pedals. You guys rock ;)

Varex n stock muffler

DSC01334.jpg

Johnny + Mick with the installation of the varex muffler

DSC01331.jpg

Johnny with the wiring of the varex muffler

DSC01336.jpg

You like that Johnnieboi? :spiteful:

DSC01337.jpg

Varex...

DSC01380.jpg

Went to pedders last week and they fully checked everything. He wasn't happy about the rear wheel but everything else was running well. Powersteering fluid was leaking a very tiny bit from the bottom of the car but nothing really to worry about.

2011-03-09091120.jpg

On the hunt to make the custom washers so they can fit it in the car to keep those damn engine mount inserts where they should be!

Here's a short video...enjoy :P

Winton track here i come! :lol: ;)

Some random pics :)

DSC01388.jpg

Dared to be different? Dared to copy... :lol:

DSC01424.jpg

More to come...

:clap: LOL

Nice write up Duy. Been a long time coming for your stivo, glad to see it back to its original glory. You've been so sad without it.

@Juvenile: It was so hot/humid john, didnt want to get my shirt dirty.. mick aka eviltwin wasnt helping by poking and tickling me while i was trying to work!! :P