Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

great sticker there mate, i was just thinking of making a "vvti inside" but i can imagine it's like me saying to the crowd "it's got 5 seatbelts" and people saying "no ***** it has" :lol:

look at this...

2011-06-07094709.jpg

:P

Nice sticker haha, where did you get it from?

egay :lol:

hey you disappeared off facebook again

got an email? we've moved back to melbourne again, so let me know whats up with meets n shizzles

yeah man. first u can come to visit me and then we can talk about meets! xD

Howdy Duy ....

As for filters,

Used Z386 on my stivo all da way ......

Same sh!t diff smell ...

and yes yes ... more track time for you :(

Howdy Duy ....

As for filters,

Used Z386 on my stivo all da way ......

Same sh!t diff smell ...

and yes yes ... more track time for you :(

i just liked the fact that the baldwins are roughly the same price as the Z386 and i can actually get the correct one for the 2zz-ge :lol: Z386 is te same thread but i would like the extra surface area when my oils being filtered ;)

also i've had a ryco filter fail in the past. i hope baldwin dont let me down! :P

great sticker there mate, i was just thinking of making a "vvti inside" but i can imagine it's like me saying to the crowd "it's got 5 seatbelts" and people saying "no ***** it has" :lol:

look at this...

Nice sticker haha, where did you get it from?

egay :lol:

lol i rest my case :lol:

Thanks to eviltwin, I was able to get these...

2011-06-10152947.jpg

swapped my stockies with no tyres for his stockies with goodyear eagle F1s. took it for a run today and realised my old federals have seen the best of their life. so i cleaned them and stored them next to the wall outside the house.

2011-05-28124111.jpg

i'm going to swap the tyres over tomorrow at the tyre store. come track day, completely go hard and destroy these tyres to give me a reason to buy semi-slicks for the next track day... Ggg.gif

Got my exhaust done at Radiant Exhausts in Laverton North yesterday...

2.5 inch, mandrel bent, stainless steel. some pictures :)

From cat-back

DSC01758.jpg

second bend

DSC01752.jpg

third bend

DSC01753.jpg

fouth and final bends

DSC01755.jpg

flange to the exhaust

DSC01759.jpg

this system was 250 bucks. as ou can see the welds are good and neatly done. i reckon there could have been improvements but i think for the price i paid, this was an excellent job. one of the pipes weren't perfectly alligned but we both concluded this wouldn't hinder flow as much.

i even asked johnnieboi to come around to look at the piping and welding and he said that it was good. so i'm convinced that they didn't screw me over.

now for the drive: for me i definately felt the revs kick in more smooth in the range. as i drove it more the more i thought that the flow is better than the stock. my intial thoughts as i looked under are that the pipes joints didn't look straight so this would hinder the flow abit. but as i noticed lift didn't kick in as violent as the stock piping. but more of a smooth transition. which is probably why i didn't really feel a gain at the top end because of the "smoothness" of it all. another person who usually sits in my car said there is definately an improvement throughout the rev range... maybe i havent had that much sleep to notice hehe...

and here is another thing that i found very suprising...

stock pipe...

DSC01760.jpg

52mm in diameter, which means 2.047'' wide... yes it was never 2.25 inch inside diameter. u learn something new everyday dont u...

here are some other pictures of how my muffler sits now. i wanted it out abit but the guy said it looked crap so he did it flush to the rear skirt. actually it better like that. prevents people from stepping on the pipe ;)

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

Nice mod Duy, but those welds are shockers for stainless... still does the job tho, and bloody great price!

Yeah thanks man. I was quite concerned. But john being knowledgeable in welding passed it as an ok weld :lol: guess pictures don't do much justice eh hehe ;)

When I get home tonight ill post one weld off my stock pipe... its pretty disgusting.. haha

Any other opinions guys???

Oh yeah, position of the tips is spot on from what i can see :D . I like. Just needs a little poilshin :whistling: Mine are shockin at the mo, i cleaned the car yesterday and noticed how frosted they have become... ah well, thats what happens when the car is so low.. tomorrow if i have time ill get to them.

nice upgrade , the car will pull alot better now , but give the ECU time to relearn and add in or take away fuel , once the exhaust settles in nicely it should be alot more fun.

nice upgrade , the car will pull alot better now , but give the ECU time to relearn and add in or take away fuel , once the exhaust settles in nicely it should be alot more fun.

I reset the ecu. so it will relearn it anyways. but yeah maybe it needs time still...

so how does the exhaust sound now... i am thinking about getting mine done too...just the mid section and a hi flow cat... but i dont know if i need it :)

PS: is this the first time i see you car dirty...loll

Edited by stock