KRudd vs. JGill

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way they dumped Kevin Rudd was disgusting, i was listening to 2UE today (yes, i listen to 2ue) and the personal assistant to Bill Clinton was in town. She said in America this would never have happened, once you are elected by the people you are entitled to serve your full term. the way she was talking gave me an indication we are the laughing stock around the world at moment.

My colleague, reading the Chinese newspapers in China said similar story....laughing stock but of course not in those exact words.

But Rudd wasn't elected by the people. We vote for our local MP, the most number of wins to a political party then results in that party having leadership, the party chooses their leader. The American and Chinese systems are different to ours.

I disagree with that, Rudd was elected by is party and then the people.

On election day you had a choice Rudd or Howard... Rudd won on Votes.

I dont go to vote for a Party, i go and vote for the best person who i think will represent me and this country.

Im aware that American's and Chinese have a different system, and i wasnt pointing out that US and chinese system is better.

I was pointing out how we are viewed to them based on what is going on the news at the moment.

Our systems allows you to vote for a local MP, the vote eventually will go to either Rudd or Howard at the time.

So even though you think you are voting for you local MP reality is your vote is counted towards one of them.

But i will say this about the American system, it is far more Democratic than our current System.

The way they dumped Kevin Rudd was disgusting, i was listening to 2UE today (yes, i listen to 2ue) and the personal assistant to Bill Clinton was in town. She said in America this would never have happened, once you are elected by the people you are entitled to serve your full term. the way she was talking gave me an indication we are the laughing stock around the world at moment.

My colleague, reading the Chinese newspapers in China said similar story....laughing stock but of course not in those exact words.

Although I agree, I for one am completely comfortable with our political system being regarded as a laughing stock by the American and Chinese governments.

Americans are indoctrinated from a very young age with the notion that their democracy is the single greatest political ideology in existence. And most seem to sincerely believe it judging from the fettishistic way it needs to pass judgement on everyone else, despite ITS obvious shortcomings and caveats.

As for the Chinese government's considered position on our democracy, let's not even go there...

edit: God help you if you polled Abbot. It was convoluted enough when he was health minister, but for one, do you honestly want someone who has repeatedly demonstrated their inability to extricate their religious beliefs from their official capacities?

Edited by Keisari

Although I agree, I for one am completely comfortable with our political system being regarded as a laughing stock by the American and Chinese governments.

Americans are indoctrinated from a very young age with the notion that their democracy is the single greatest political ideology in existence. And most seem to sincerely believe it judging from the fettishistic way it needs to pass judgement on everyone else, despite ITS obvious shortcomings and caveats.

As for the Chinese government's considered position on our democracy, let's not even go there...

edit: God help you if you polled Abbot. It was convoluted enough when he was health minister, but for one, do you honestly want someone who has repeatedly demonstrated their inability to extricate their religious beliefs from their official capacities?

Keisari, i agree..yes Chinese best to be left alone.

at the end of the day with whats on offer we are stuffed either way we vote...to me both sides are idiots.

its just sad we dont have more options...

oh well soccer is about to start..all the best

Keisari, i agree..yes Chinese best to be left alone.

at the end of the day with whats on offer we are stuffed either way we vote...to me both sides are idiots.

its just sad we dont have more options...

oh well soccer is about to start..all the best

By the way, I just wanted to clarify that my 'edit' comment wasn't directed at you specifically - I just realised that late last night I might've come across that way. I meant 'you' as in 'those in general'.

Same s**t, rudd, gillard.....same same......

The problem is there are no satnd outs in politics.......they are all as bad as each other.....

And as much as i disliked Rudd, he got shafted by Gillard and the labor party. How can anyone vote for a party who are prepared to shaft the leader.....just think how much the voters will get shafted!

Get over the Democracy, its a polite way of having 2 parties (In Australia) become dictators, a load of crap about have your say...

I never voted to go to war, I never voted for GST, I never voted for Government ignorance and revenue raising on Australian roads...

Edited by DreadAngel