I finally have a rolla yay!

Bought a rolla last week and am loving it! Immac interior, alpine system, has skirts and front lip and low kays.

Been wanting to own a rolla since i got my licence and finally have one lol. Though i originally wanted an sx/gti or sportivo.. still, the 1.8l 7afe has awesome torque. For some reason, the car handles really really well and seems to be damn quick for a 1.8l with no vari cam/lift. Oddles of low down torque and pulls straight to redline. Maybe it's not stock.. i found a k&n panel filter after purchase haha. Would love to make it even quicker but not the right time atm. Anyways, here's a pic

gallery_56118_3384_17107.jpg

Might try and join a few cruises sometime down the track cheers guys!

Edited by Delvance

Bought a rolla last week and am loving it! Immac interior, alpine system, has skirts and front lip and low kays.

Been wanting to own a rolla since i got my licence and finally have one lol. Though i originally wanted an sx/gti or sportivo.. still, the 1.8l 7afe has awesome torque. For some reason, the car handles really really well and seems to be damn quick for a 1.8l with no vari cam/lift. Oddles of low down torque and pulls straight to redline. Maybe it's not stock.. i found a k&n panel filter after purchase haha. Would love to make it even quicker but not the right time atm. Anyways, here's a pic

gallery_56118_3384_17107.jpg

Might try and join a few cruises sometime down the track cheers guys!

Congrats on the car!! you will love that model. I used to take corners so fast especially around small round-a-bouts. That car handles so well one of the best ive driven actually so heads up there.

Also my mate he is a drifter has 2 models of corollas has a 4age and a 7afe and he said my car was the best for cornering and is bloody fast

Have a look at my post here what happened to myn if you like some old lady ran into me 2 weeks ago :( i love that car i want it back lol

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28620

I bought a 2006 now so a bit of an upgrade see what happens

Edited by justin105

Justin 105,

Ouch, i checked out the thread. Props to the rolla for withstanding it though! That's actually one of the reasons i got mine, 4 star crash rating from something not exactly new and very affordable.

Yep, still can't believe how well it handles. From what i can see, the shocks, springs and bars are oem units but feels quite firm and the car doesn't roll too much at all. It's got crummy falken tires on atm though so might not be giving enough grip to produce bad body roll.

cme-lft,

Yep, defintely easy to drive. Much better than my old daily (a 20yo camry that refused to die lol). It's kinda sad..i enjoy driving the rolla more than my weekender haha =/

123r-prozak,

I'd love to have the sportivo version but can't afford it atm as i'm expecting a little one november :), hence also why i said i'd love to mod it but not the right time atm. Would love to do intake/full ex/igntion/piggyback, springs/shocks/sways, japo rims/uhp tires..

I'd love to have the sportivo version but can't afford it atm as i'm expecting a little one november :), hence also why i said i'd love to mod it but not the right time atm. Would love to do intake/full ex/igntion/piggyback, springs/shocks/sways, japo rims/uhp tires..

congrats

and the little one will love those mods lol

Justin 105,

Ouch, i checked out the thread. Props to the rolla for withstanding it though! That's actually one of the reasons i got mine, 4 star crash rating from something not exactly new and very affordable.

Yep, still can't believe how well it handles. From what i can see, the shocks, springs and bars are oem units but feels quite firm and the car doesn't roll too much at all. It's got crummy falken tires on atm though so might not be giving enough grip to produce bad body roll.

cme-lft,

Yep, defintely easy to drive. Much better than my old daily (a 20yo camry that refused to die lol). It's kinda sad..i enjoy driving the rolla more than my weekender haha =/

123r-prozak,

Yeah was a pain to see it end that way. It was still kicking at 210,000 so well, engine was so clean as I done all my services and when i bought the car at 140,000 I opened up the top engine block to change the timing belts and such and didnt see 1 bit of clutter of old oil or anything so I was happy. I loved it and like washed it every weekend. It was like Candy apple red in colour to me ;)

Below attached image was its last wash but now its a part doner:(

I was looking at a 2006 Sportivo but ended up with a Ascent that i bought yesterday. Couldnt go wrong 55000 kms with 10 months rego 2 new car warrenty. Engine and all was in imaculate condition so picking it up Saturday.

You will love your Rolla good car and very reliable

post-19877-127893131287_thumb.jpg

Thanks all :)

Got a set of 4afe genie headers ceramic coated laying around looking for an engine to mate to. Got various pods laying around too hrmm..

Justin105,

Sounds like you got a top deal on your rolla too, congrats! Shame about the ae112r though.

Prozak,

A varex muffler and electronic adjustment would take care of that - Wish i wasn't so poor right now bah!

• 3 weeks later...

woot another ae112r sedan :D YAY!!!

man I remember seeing this car on carsales.com.au back in 2007.

Congrats on the purchase. This beast has a few things done to it.

Thread revival lol.

Thanks guys!

Still enjoying driving it around :)

The car goes pretty good, the torque is definitely handy and the gear ratio's make it very zippy around town.

Had a nice set of extras that made me buy it lol.. I don't think i'll be making any performance mods to it, though i'd love to but like said i'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment and i'm just finishing up on the weekender plus don't wanna lose the low down torque as that's what makes it so nice to drive.

I'll try and make it out to one of the meets sometime :)