Aurion engine spreads it's wings...

boxerboy

Dang i just watched that!! Its using the 2GR-FE engine with 200kw like the Aurions but 250kg lighter than the ZR6 and does 0-100 in 5.1secs. Its also rear wheel drive and manual. Nice work.

Dang i just watched that!! Its using the 2GR-FE engine with 200kw like the Aurions but 250kg lighter than the ZR6 and does 0-100 in 5.1secs. Its also rear wheel drive and manual. Nice work.

Damn, now I want to shed 250KG from my Aurion and convert it to RWD :P

LOL yeah me too!! But dont forget our cars arent really sport cars.. Such a shame aye.. and our transmission setup restricts us to a certain power. Why Toyota!! Why!! Haha if our cars were RWD oh my!! how much more fun..

LOL yeah me too!! But dont forget our cars arent really sport cars.. Such a shame aye.. and our transmission setup restricts us to a certain power. Why Toyota!! Why!! Haha if our cars were RWD oh my!! how much more fun..

+1 million.

If these Aurions came in RWD package I wonder what the Holden and Ford boys would be picking on then? It's annoying because some guy on the street few days ago said (not joking here), nice car, those Aurions are punchy for a FWD!

AHHHH! As soon as they think FWD they think slow and crap.

Edit: But then again, if someone bought the Aurion so they use it as a sports car got the wrong car.

I got this car because its sensible, I regularly use it for family duties and to put a booster/baby seat in the back to taxi around the two little nephews etc(like I had to tonight), and it also has lots of room for a big family like mine and also great for work.

Edited by unique

+1 million.

If these Aurions came in RWD package I wonder what the Holden and Ford boys would be picking on then? It's annoying because some guy on the street few days ago said (not joking here), nice car, those Aurions are punchy for a FWD!

Im sure if those Holden and Ford boys had a FWD setup in their car, they would just be doing burnouts instead of moving off the start line. Haha. If our cars were RWD and even in manual we would blow them away, plus their cars hav atleast 60kw more than we do... So i dont know how they can give us ****

+1 million.

Im sure if those Holden and Ford boys had a FWD setup in their car, they would just be doing burnouts instead of moving off the start line. Haha. If our cars were RWD and even in manual we would blow them away, plus their cars hav atleast 60kw more than we do... So i dont know how they can give us ****

That is true. I see way too many bogans in there RWD flat sticking the cars at the lights like some chump today in his yellow monaro. He hit the accelerator so damn hard at the lights it sounded like a freight train(was trying to race a ford). Poor engine :(

+1 million.

That is true. I see way too many bogans in there RWD flat sticking the cars at the lights like some chump today in his yellow monaro. He hit the accelerator so damn hard at the lights it sounded like a freight train(was trying to race a ford). Poor engine :(

LOL. Something i havent seen in ages... A Holden vs Ford haha!! Man... one day, hopefully i have money... then i can beat some Fords and Holdens in a race, but having a 14second car isnt fast enough..

Toyota would of had a reason not using RWD in the Aurion. Then it would turn into a 4 door Supra. Personally i would of prefer AWD but FWD fine for me.

Except Toyota have had a RWD 4-door six-cylinder car for the last 30 years (and still do), it's called the MarkII/Chaser (called the Mark X now). We got it in the 70s and 80s as the Cressida.

• 3 months later...

man, just 250kg off, RWD and a manual gearbox makes to car sprint 2 secs faster to 100km/h. and no, its not fair to brag to people for the fact that this car uses the same engine as everyone's aurions around here. i'm envious though.

man, just 250kg off, RWD and a manual gearbox makes to car sprint 2 secs faster to 100km/h. and no, its not fair to brag to people for the fact that this car uses the same engine as everyone's aurions around here. i'm envious though.

The Lotus philosophy has never been about the engine anyway. The base Elise still uses the 1ZZFE, and previous versions used the Rover K-series, itself nothing special. Even with their light weight they've never been flash in a straight line (except for the twin-turbo V8 Esprit), it's about the chassis and the handling - the engine simply provides the means for getting between the corners, you could use just about any light-weight reliable engine (remember the track-special roadster a few years ago with the 2AZ Camry engine?) and still get the same results.

I reckon theyd have a bit of an issue around the track with the weight and torque coming in and out of corners compared to their standard setup - which is the Lotus strength.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Down the track I'm saving up for a red or gun metal grey Exige *drools*

They were trying to prove the aurion to be a more fuel efficient and more reliable than the commodore and falcon. Which we can defiantly say they have achieved.

The aurion is a really good car even thought it was built during the financial crisis and toyota had to stop TRD

Edited by Armstrong