So how's your camry going?

Adamsy

Ok so is it just me or do all your friends and work mates just love to take the ***** and call your much loved Aurion no matter what model it is a bloody Camry?

If so do you find yourself getting kind of protective and almost insulted and feel the need to point out the differences between us and a Camry-like were in another league to a Camry or something? is it right that we do that or should we be proud to say yep it a special glorified Camry. I mean the Camry isn’t a bad car by a long shot; I have a soft spot for the hybrid.

But if were liking the whole it’s not a bloody Camry then what come backs do we have when our mates want to be duds? Apart from. f*ck up w@nker and do you know what it's like to be punched really hard in the head lol?

hehe...i had a guy say that to me once....my response was simple.. "well you get in you holden and lets see who comes off second best"....needless to say about 8 minutes later the smile was wiped from his face and i haven't heard a camry crack since....

When I was travelling in China this year, I found out their Camry is the same as our Aurion, but only 4 cylinders with single exhaust, no sportivo model. And they don't have our Camry model. So to them, I drive a Camry with two exhaust pipes. I tried to explain to them what TRD is. We ended up settling with "I drive a powerful Camry".

the fellas where i got my HIDs installed kept calling it a camry

at one point I got asked the make/model (debadged) to get an estimate on DBA 4000 rotors installed, I says: Toyota Aurion 2008, got a glimpse of what the guy wrote down: Toyota Camry 2008

I laughed a little cause it reminded me of this thread

An Aurion is a Camry just with a V6 engine. If you look at other countries some use the same body of the Aurion for the 4cyl and V6 engines and some use the Camry body for the 4cyl and V6 engine.

The reason why people put Camry for parts is that most parts for the Camry and Aurion are the same. If you asked for a HID kit overseas and said Aurion they would be like "WTF is an Aurion?" All the parts i got for my Aurion said Camry on it but i don't care as long as it fits and works on my car :D

An Aurion is a Camry just with a V6 engine. If you look at other countries some use the same body of the Aurion for the 4cyl and V6 engines and some use the Camry body for the 4cyl and V6 engine.

The reason why people put Camry for parts is that most parts for the Camry and Aurion are the same. If you asked for a HID kit overseas and said Aurion they would be like "WTF is an Aurion?" All the parts i got for my Aurion said Camry on it but i don't care as long as it fits and works on my car :D

I know aftermarket Camry shocks are different to the Aurion...been down that road.

but yeah they are similar in a lot of ways and to the non savy car peep they must seem very similar,debadging really throws a spanner in the works (pardon the pun)...i just hear who owns the "silver Toyota" these days. :)

So pretty much no matter what we do or say we arent going to win this argument hay lol?

But there’s enough differences between the Camry and Aurion especially the Sportivo model for it to be considered it separate model. I mean no Camry anywhere where in the world looks like a Sportivo or has the features so that’s good enough for me lol. I mean that’s like saying a GTS HSV is just an Omega, what’s the difference? An engine and body kit lol.

So pretty much no matter what we do or say we arent going to win this argument hay lol?

But there’s enough differences between the Camry and Aurion especially the Sportivo model for it to be considered it separate model. I mean no Camry anywhere where in the world looks like a Sportivo or has the features so that’s good enough for me lol. I mean that’s like saying a GTS HSV is just an Omega, what’s the difference? An engine and body kit lol.

You pretty much can't win eh. Which is why I never really cared in the first place.

On a side note though, people always call the TRD an Aurion :P

Thats coz it is. That badge under your right-hand taillight says so! :P

I've been tempted to debadge it, but something just keeps holding me back.

I've been tempted to debadge it, but something just keeps holding me back.

Whip her off and stick a Supercharged badge in its place :P hells yeah!