KX-R 17" Tyres

nealo

I got the Dunlop AT3 on mine at the moment, My last set of Dunlop 245/65/17 tyres. I got 60,000 out of them, They did pretty good considering.

I am not too happy with the AT3's due to road noise compared to the others, I may just bite the bullet and go for Coopers soon to see if the road noise is a lot better.

by 6000 ks the AT3 got noisy. yes they were rotated.

Peter

I would recommend the Toyo HT.

Any particular reason? Are they going to last considerably longer than the Dunlops?

Had them on the Landcruiser and the ride was pretty comfortable and quiet. Grip was also good and they do last longer than other tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a dealer offer me 255/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler All Weather HP's for $200 each just traded in off a brand-new Nissan Navara.

Seems like a good deal, 4 good quality tyres for $800 fitted/balanced/aligned.

The only thing is that the overall diameter of the rim and tyre increases about 13mm. (Speedo change?)

Still within the legal 15mm overall increase, but what if I have to put the spare on with the existing 245/65R17 Dunlop Grand Trek on it?

One wheel 13mm smaller diameter than the other 3. Does that cause any safety issues?

(If I have to get 5 Goodyears for $1000 so the spare is the same I might as well just buy the 4 Grand Treks).

• 1 month later...

Going to fit new tyres tomorrow at kmart. Read some reviews and I think I am set on Goodyear Wrangler HP AllWeather. Rated positively in the uk.

Quoted $277

Has anyone tried these?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went down the same path when looking for new rubber for my 2009 kxr. Only got 25000km out of the original dunlops. I opted for the Bridgestone D683. Got em for $310 each. Noticably different feel to the car. It steers more positively and is quieter by far. They have noe done 6000km since being fitted and are still looking brand new on the tread. B)