Eibach shocks

lucio_libre

I was ringing around, i received a quote for $600 including fitting, eibach shocks. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Cheers.

they're good. matched quite well to their springs. haven't tried them on a corolla, but on most other cars, they work well.

eibach don't make those shocks themselves. sachs does.

Not a bad brand at all. Good quality and performance wise. Rally car I sponsor run them for 2 seasons no dramas at all. Only replaced them due to end for ending the car 3 times. Car very bent and struts ever so bent as well. :(

that's just for the front shocks though yeah? Are they adjustable?

not adjustable. y would they make a matching damper just for the front?

what do u mean?

in that case, wat do u mean about the front shocks then? :lol:

oh.. i meant $600 quoted, was that for the front pair of shocks or front + rear? :P

what do u mean?

oh.. i meant $600 quoted, was that for the front pair of shocks or front + rear? :P

OOH, DERRR!! :angry::angry: :P

what do u mean?

OOH, DERRR!! :angry::angry: :P

:angry::angry::angry:

I got quoted 950 with low kings, and when i asked for the springs themselves they told me 600 fitted. Thats for front and back.

Don't you mean for the shocks themselves? I remembered the springs were only around $350 for the springs inc fitting.

I got quoted 950 with low kings, and when i asked for the springs themselves they told me 600 fitted. Thats for front and back.

Is the $600 fitted for the Kings Lows? Cause if it is that friggen expensive. City Suspension in Brisbane charged about $430 from memory to Supply and fit kings lows and a 4 wheel alignment. Why the extra cost of fitting the springs if you get the eibachs as they have to fit your old springs anyway. I smell a bit of a rip off either in the fitting or the price they are quoting you for the Kings. I can Supply Kings lows for about $210 front/rear.

hmmmm it might be right thou silver as when i was looking to just get the eibach springs they were $500 just for the springs not fitted which is obviously a lot more than what u can get kings etc fitted.....

So the price might be correct....

That being said thou i havent exactly shopped around for eibach shocks so i could be wrong.......

I inquired with my supplier about Eibach struts for the corolla and they don't have a listing for them yet only as far as an AE112 corolla. But they did say that the Eibach's would be very expensive compared to the Koni's and they even couldn't justify the difference in price.

Let me make it clearer to you boys, the Eibach shocks installed (back and front) on their own are $600. I f i wanted to lower the car with low kings the whole setup including the eibach shockers would cost me $950.

I also asked about the Konis and he quoted me roughly $1100 for the koni's(front and rear) with low kings springs.

This is what i got back from Eibach Australia.....hmmm makes you wonder about donnellans.

"

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Eibach Suspension Technology.

Springs to suit the Corolla Sportivo are in stock part number 10-85-012-02-22. Cost is $600 + freight. They offer approx 20mm lowering on the Sportivo model. Unfortunately we do not produce a Damper system for this vehicle however I would recommend either;

Bilstein; $610 pair front and $460 pair rear. Stock is due in approx 8 weeks.

Koni; $605 pair front and $500 pair rear. In stock. "

This is what i got back from Eibach Australia.....hmmm makes you wonder about donnellans.

"

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Eibach Suspension Technology.

Springs to suit the Corolla Sportivo are in stock part number 10-85-012-02-22. Cost is $600 + freight. They offer approx 20mm lowering on the Sportivo model. Unfortunately we do not produce a Damper system for this vehicle however I would recommend either;

Bilstein; $610 pair front and $460 pair rear. Stock is due in approx 8 weeks.

Koni; $605 pair front and $500 pair rear. In stock. "

Get the Konis the price sounds abt right. Anyone know about KYB?

I can now get Koni's for $900, thats $250 each for the front and $200 each for the rear. I spoke do an Eibach rep, and he pretty much told me that stock absorbers on the car are fine as long as a replacing spring is harder than the stock spring. The reason.....the spring will support more load and there will be less rebound on the original shock since the spring is more compact and shorter. There should be no need to replace it...........however this guy didnt want to try and sell me anything so he didnt care about sales, he just gave me free info. Alot of guys recommending shocks do it for the purpose of sales, thats what pisses me off...i mean there are no friggen eibach shocks for my car...

I can now get Koni's for $900, thats $250 each for the front and $200 each for the rear. I spoke do an Eibach rep, and he pretty much told me that stock absorbers on the car are fine as long as a replacing spring is harder than the stock spring. The reason.....the spring will support more load and there will be less rebound on the original shock since the spring is more compact and shorter. There should be no need to replace it...........however this guy didnt want to try and sell me anything so he didnt care about sales, he just gave me free info. Alot of guys recommending shocks do it for the purpose of sales, thats what pisses me off...i mean there are no friggen eibach shocks for my car...

if u're getting the bilstein, i'd double check the spring seats are the right size. coz i've met a couple of people overseas that have had problems with the spring seat of the bilsteins being too large.

HATE TO BE THE ONE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT I WILL ANYWAY

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! :P :P :P

Lucio only joking man but upon speaking to my suspension wholesalers the only massed produced replacement strut for the sportivo that's readily available is Koni's. KYB also had no part listing in thier catalugue either.

Good luck with whatever you chose mate ;)

Ive decided on Koni's, there was the option for bilstein blacks but they dont have them for the car, also i was told KYB is what we have in the sportivo's now, so koni's whiteline springs, all up installed $1380 not bad. Coilovers are for the track only so they would be a waste of money, something i would never use.