Eibach shocks

lucio_libre

Coilovers are for the track only so they would be a waste of money, something i would never use.

wow, wat a sweeping statement. some coilovers are not designed for track, i've known some basic-level (wagon) teins to leak after having a few very hard track days.

Edited by shaohaok

OOpss :) maybe not all, what i mean to say is that coilovers are probably more useful for the track instead of the street. my personal use is for the street, so for the $1500 setup spend on konis(one of the best brands) and whiteline springs(top spring also) i dont think i would have been able to get coilovers of that quality even for $2grand. Also I dont want to have parts in the car that will never get used to their potential, and to me coilovers are best for track, i "think" they would be a waste for "Me" as the 40mm lowering springs are low enough, and going to coilovers would not justify any of my set criteria if you know what i mean.

OOpss :)  maybe not all, what i mean to say is that coilovers are probably more useful for the track instead of the street. my personal use is for the street, so for the $1500 setup spend on konis(one of the best brands) and whiteline springs(top spring also) i dont think i would have been able to get coilovers of that quality even for $2grand. Also I dont want to have parts in the car that will never get used to their potential, and to me coilovers are best for track, i "think" they would be a waste for "Me" as the 40mm lowering springs are low enough, and going to coilovers would not justify any of my set criteria if you know what i mean.

sure u do, u wanna smack it down on its guts and do laps on chaps :P

then jack it back up for day-to-day

Laps on chaps would get the attention of the jacks B) , now that i dont need. Id love to have it low as possible but i have to consider everyday driving and the longetivity of the car, i mean having a low car is great but having a really really low car and use it everyday for driving.....ummmm nah, not on these crappy roads.

Good choice Lucio. On Koni's the Sportivo handles superbly and rides the bumps well too. Perfect for what you need, you don't need to spend more than that. If you remember driving my old Sportivo on the Koni's you already know.

I would though recommend the rear swaybar to help on turn in as the chasis does seem to have a lot of understeer built in!

When you get the Stivo set up I can't wait for our next drive :)

Cheers

ok the story from a friend on the inside is the following.....

whiteline and dobson springs both come out of the same factory.......

Kings has copied this exact design and lovel has also copied the same designs.....

shhhhhh dont tell anyone ;) ;) ;)

Ive been told that whiteline use kings springs and just repaint them. The ****holes gave me friggin commodore springs for the front..now i have to return them.

LOL!!!! hahaha sorry to hear that, but thats kinda funny the way u said it! lolz! :lol::lol::lol: those bums!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I have a set of Eibach spirng in my Rolla. I would highly reccomend it ... the drive is close to standard. Very nice. I just dont understand why its so expensive in AUS. In South Africa it about R2000 .. thats about 400 AUS $.

I had them on my 03 corolla nish and theywere great for the original 16's however when you put 17's on it, it raised the car a little, and i just wanted the car a little lower so i went for a lower spring. had toyota made the car 20mm lower in stock from, then it would have made it easier on everyone as the eibachs would have been sufficient.

I gotta post up some pics............soon i promise. The first impression is the car is a more ridgid unit handles with more precision, steering is responsive, sharp cornering, a bit bumpy but the shocks absorb the bumps well, you can feel the suspension working, i'm over the moon :o :o it's amazing how the car changes. Now im waiting for the rear sway bar. Thanx for the help guys your input and advice is worth gold, much appreciated it.

I have a set of Eibach spirng in my Rolla.  I would highly reccomend it ... the drive is close to standard.  Very nice.  I just dont understand why its so expensive in AUS.  In South Africa it about R2000 .. thats about 400 AUS $.

Maybe 'cos SAF is closer to Europe than Australia? I paid $620 for mine, which included some freight charges from Sydney, so it wasn't too much more.

Hello Lucio_libre

I have similar thoughts about coilovers and thus I am also thinking to combine Koni shocks with the already installed TTE 30mm lowering springs on my 2003 Corolla TSport. Would it be worthy?

Are these Koni shocks suitable for the 30-40mm lowering springs or they would need some work?

If you installed adjustable Konis, could cou please say about your settings?

The Koni's and your TTE springs which i think are eibach would be the best combo you could go for in terms of springs and shockers and the most costly i think. The shocks are suitable for 30 to 40 even up to 50 mm, anything more and you would be hitting the bump stops. They are adjustable however only the fronts can be done with ease, the bask have to be removed then adjusted, the fronts have a ket so you just pop the bonnet. The backs are set mid way in terms of dampness, and because the koni is a fairy hard shocker, the fronts are set on the softerst setting. The ride is unreal even with the stock tyres, its a good combo if youre just after a 40mm drop. If you think of going more dont waste your money get coilovers. They dont need work, are designed to replace stock parts, the only work is done in installation where the McPherson front struts have to be cut and drilled to fit the Koni's in so i would not install it myself.

I havent played with the settings but i intend to keep it on the softest when driving daily, and maybe turn it up a notch on a cruise with the guys.

Thanks.

30mm lowering is enough for street use (including "climbing" bumpy mountain roads) and coilovers would be a waste of money since I would never use functions such as height adjustment, etc.

I understand that the back Konis are practically fixed. Is the midway back adjustment a good balance with the softest front? I would not like to increase oversteer much.

Its a good balance because most of the weight is on the front, and the koni being a hard shock absorber the softest setting is still good enough to keep the fron firm without being too bumpy. Since you have eibach springs which are harder than stock springs, you shouldnt really have to replace the stock shockers as the harder spring only lowers the car enough, where the stock shocks wont reach the bump stops, but if you want an all out performance setup for street then go for the koni's you wont regret it.