Over drive

I was wondering has anyone tried using the over drive function on the 1zzfe?? i can feel the exra push when it is being used, but does it do damage or put extra strain on the car??? or should it on;y be used for short bursts????

holla back all

:P I got Blue interior Neons light and LED's hehe looks nice......

I was wondering has anyone tried using the over drive function on the 1zzfe?? i can feel the exra push when it is being used, but does it do damage or put extra strain on the car??? or should it on;y be used for short bursts????

holla back all

:P  I got Blue interior Neons light and LED's hehe looks nice......

huh? You can drive all day, every day in overdrive, will save you on fuel, but make it more sluggish to drive. Its just a transmission settign to save fuel.

The Overdrive in the camry is on from when you start the car, you have to push the button to turn it off.

You have a 3 speed Auto with Overdrive making it a 4 speed.

With O/D On, your car will engage O/D at speeds over 60km/h

With O/D Off, your car stays in 3rd gear.

It wont do any damage to your car unless it's always in redline, but you'll use alot more fuel.

Most of the time you won't need it, as the Auto will kick down on it's own when you accelerate hard.

Carlo's Tip for the day: Turn off O/D when braking, or going down steep hills. The car will pull up more quickly like selecting a lower gear in a manual.

You have a 3 speed Auto with Overdrive making it a 4 speed.

With O/D On, your car will engage O/D at speeds over 60km/h

With O/D Off, your car stays in 3rd gear.

It wont do any damage to your car unless it's always in redline, but you'll use alot more fuel.

Most of the time you won't need it, as the Auto will kick down on it's own when you accelerate hard.

Carlo's Tip for the day:  Turn off O/D when braking, or going down steep hills.  The car will pull up more quickly like selecting a lower gear in a manual.

Buddha's Tip for the Day: Carlo's Tip for the Day makes good reading! :lol:

Talking about over drive, you should have a chat to Wei Wei. He overdrives his Stivo all the time. :lol:

Edited by SILVABULLIT

L = 1st gear

2 = 2nd gear

OD selector button = 3rd gear

D = 4th gear

it would cause engine wear if constantly using them right ?

gearbox wear more likely.

someone taught me the same thing, but i find putting pedal to the metal on D is more effective :unsure::unsure::unsure:

thanks boyz you taught me something new today....it weird how the lights work opposite hehe....i realise when overdrive is off its feels bit heavier than if it was on..as if its abit harder to steer...maybe i need to try it again but yeh....thanks for the low down boyz.....i wanna paint my grills

Talking about over drive, you should have a chat to Wei Wei. He overdrives his Stivo all the time. :lol:

i dont drive my car that hard silva :P

only when needed really...but than again where i live, thats needed all the time hehehe :P

sunnybank is like RACE WARS !! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My old wide body Camry had a power button and an overdrive button.

All the power button did was change the revs between gear changes so that it revved out a bit more and gave the impression of a bit more get up and go.

My new Camry only has the overdrive button but I think it does alter at what revs the gearbox changes as well but now only with the one button.

i dont drive my car that hard silva :P

only when needed really...but than again where i live, thats needed all the time hehehe :P

sunnybank is like RACE WARS !! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"hey where is wei wei going???"............ " Dude he just raced Jonny tran for pinks!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!