Rear Aurion Toyota Badge

whitezr6

Fairly easy...warm the letters up (only warm,DON'T HEAT)then slide some dental floss in behind and gently work/saw motion your way down the back of the letters,then use some euclyptus oil and a microfibre cloth to remove any left over adhesive on your paintwork.

i did this a while back and it worked a treat. :)

edit...if its the boot emblem your talking then there will be holes to fill and it's also sunk into the boot lid so that would have to be filled and painted...ie shaved.

Edited by 1stKill

Fairly easy...warm the letters up (only warm,DON'T HEAT)then slide some dental floss in behind and gently work/saw motion your way down the back of the letters,then use some euclyptus oil and a microfibre cloth to remove any left over adhesive on your paintwork.

i did this a while back and it worked a treat. :)

edit...if its the boot emblem your talking then there will be holes to fill and it's also sunk into the boot lid so that would have to be filled and painted...ie shaved.

ye the boot emblem i just wanted to take it out to paint and clean that area in general

anyways does anyone know if:

it is screwed on?

whats some good adhesive i can use to stick it back on?

thanks

No it is not screwed on. To be honest, why haven't you looked at it yourself before asking? You can easily remove the boot lining trim, then with that removed you have a clear view of the back of the boot lid where you will see the pins sticking through for the emblem.

[/rant]*

Sticking it on, I used automotive clear silicone (with care). It definitely ain't going anywhere after that. The boot emblem has a lot of hollow space in it and the back of it isn't perfectly flat meaning double sided body moulding tape will not be the most effective.

* The laziness of people really sh!ts me off, so too bad if you get caught in the line of fire.

• 10 months later...

I can't understand, why would someone debadge their car? Especially the aurion.

A debadged aurion simply looks like a nice camry

Edited by lasertip

I can't understand, why would someone debadge their car? Especially the aurion.

A debadged aurion simply looks like a nice camry

I beg to differ. Debadging it gives it a much cleaner look. At the end of the day, those that think it looks like a Camry will still think the same even if the badges were still on.

I beg to differ. Debadging it gives it a much cleaner look. At the end of the day, those that think it looks like a Camry will still think the same even if the badges were still on.

You're probably right in all of the above but IMHO, the aurion badges, especially the side door ones are rather tastefully done. Quite unique as well. I can't think of any car (although they probably do exist) that have badges on the side of the front doors. Ford has the XR6 badge near the rear but it doesn't resemble the aurion in any way.