Camcon VVTi-L Controller

Danthuyer

from the looks of things its up and running and on the jap site they have some pretty detailed results .... even though i can read japanese the engine and car model #'s i think are enough for anyone to find their way around

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/main/pro...mcon/camcon.htm

With power enterprise, variable valve timing mechanism (VVT - i)

Controls "CAMCON" was developed unrestrictedly.

Because of this, it is low from torque rise of the rotary limits to power rise of the high rotary limits

It becomes possible to control engine output wide-ranging.

Of course, accompanying the modification of cam timing

Control function of the burning pitch revision which becomes necessary (AFC) it has.

Power rise and fuel economy improvement, with simple operation change of surprise!

This is the feature where "CAMCON" is superior.

Before changing the camshaft, first "CAMCON"!

As for "CAMCON", from in this NA tuning it becomes the necessary item which cannot be missed probably will be.

With power enterprise, variable valve timing mechanism (VVT - i)

Controls "CAMCON" was developed unrestrictedly.

Because of this, it is low from torque rise of the rotary limits to power rise of the high rotary limits

It becomes possible to control engine output wide-ranging.

Of course, accompanying the modification of cam timing

Control function of the burning pitch revision which becomes necessary (AFC) it has.

Power rise and fuel economy improvement, with simple operation change of surprise!

This is the feature where "CAMCON" is superior.

Before changing the camshaft, first "CAMCON"!

As for "CAMCON", from in this NA tuning it becomes the necessary item which cannot be missed probably will be.

Are you sure this shouldn't be added to Budda's Jinglish thread :blink::blink::huh::unsure::huh::blink::huh::huh:

looks like a cool device the modding afr's concers me though as the comp in our car is learning one, and the way this makes the AFR mods would be to vary the voltage on the map sensor signal. just think about what the comp is going to be doing all day!!! :blink: and lets not get started about the losses in power in changing the lift points.

I think the best mod on our cars is to have the tune done in the ecu itself via the eprom (you'll need to get handy with a soldering iron here :) ) and whilst at it lift the rpm cut to 9000 !!! that would be cool and possible! but who can be bothered! :)

Though one other trick for a power gain (modding the AFR and Timing) can be done for around 50c to a dollar. i know it sounds crazy but very possible as well, and its done by envoking part of some standard maps in the ecu i.e a tune that Toyota have actually coded into the ecu so your not putting anything at risk as well, and from some playing around it added timing and leaned out the mixtures so basically what every one is doing with the piggyback computers but for a total cost of about one dollar :) when i'm happy with it i'll let everyone in on the idea. ;)

keep TUNENED LoL

@ 9,000RPM your valves wont last long, as they start to stretch and then we all know what happens.

true, but i so think this engine is built alittle different from most with the factory cut @ 8200 surely 9000 cant hurt it too much... :) yet again most ppl in the states when going for a crazy tune and high rpm they go with better valves and strong valve springs.

looks like a cool device the modding afr's concers me though as the comp in our car is learning one, and the way this makes the AFR mods would be to vary the voltage on the map sensor signal. just think about what the comp is going to be doing all day!!! :blink: and lets not get started about the losses in power in changing the lift points.

I think the best mod on our cars is to have the tune done in the ecu itself via the eprom (you'll need to get handy with a soldering iron here :) ) and whilst at it lift the rpm cut to 9000 !!! that would be cool and possible! but who can be bothered! :)

Though one other trick for a power gain (modding the AFR and Timing) can be done for around 50c to a dollar. i know it sounds crazy but very possible as well, and its done by envoking part of some standard maps in the ecu i.e a tune that Toyota have actually coded into the ecu so your not putting anything at risk as well, and from some playing around it added timing and leaned out the mixtures so basically what every one is doing with the piggyback computers but for a total cost of about one dollar :) when i'm happy with it i'll let everyone in on the idea. ;)

keep TUNENED LoL

hahah

secret stuff huh!!!! ;)

But 8200-8400rpm should be safe, right?

yep no probs there

@ 9,000RPM your valves wont last long, as they start to stretch and then we all know what happens.

true, but i so think this engine is built alittle different from most with the factory cut @ 8200 surely 9000 cant hurt it too much... :) yet again most ppl in the states when going for a crazy tune and high rpm they go with better valves and strong valve springs.

they will snap @ 9,000 RPM

• 4 weeks later...
But 8200-8400rpm should be safe, right?

yep no probs there

they will snap @ 9,000 RPM

geez talk about Toyota cutting it close!!!! :blink:

they actually start stretching a little bit over 8000rpm. there have been about 3 revisions to the valve stem material specification.

apparently quite acceptable for day to day running.

if u are racing it and sustaining 8000rpm often, if u find some sort of mysterious power loss and strange fuel consumption, do a compression check coz the valve stem might have stretched so far out that it's not quite sealing properly when it shuts.

please do not blame the above if your dyno run is crap. and when i mean racing it, i mean full bore acceleration between 5-8200rpm constantly for like 15mins, not a quick squirt at the lights ;)

if u do get some stonger valves and valve springs, the rest of the engine should be happy to 9000rpm, but however will die sooner than expected :P

• 2 weeks later...
they actually start stretching a little bit over 8000rpm. there have been about 3 revisions to the valve stem material specification.

apparently quite acceptable for day to day running.

if u are racing it and sustaining 8000rpm often, if u find some sort of mysterious power loss and strange fuel consumption, do a compression check coz the valve stem might have stretched so far out that it's not quite sealing properly when it shuts.

please do not blame the above if your dyno run is crap. and when i mean racing it, i mean full bore acceleration between 5-8200rpm constantly for like 15mins, not a quick squirt at the lights ;)

if u do get some stonger valves and valve springs, the rest of the engine should be happy to 9000rpm, but however will die sooner than expected :P

mine actually cops a good 5 min blast nearly everyday :huh: OOPS! might lay off it a little now...