Burnt cigarette patch on material. How to fix?

Silver-Aurion

Pictures are pretty much self explanatory. I bought the car with that small burnt cigarette patch. How can I fix it or patch it up? Nothing comes to my mind on how to patch it up.

It really ****s me because today someone came into my car and they literally complimented on how clean the car was and then they see that patch and it just ruins that whole clean, new car feel. <_< It's an eyesore.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

maybe try and find the closest match you can for fabric, cut to shape and glue...? dunno if that would work.. is the burn all the way through?

Nah, it's not all the way through. Just a surface burn. It would be quite hard to find the same material though. I just really want a cheap fix that could cover it up. Even if someone could tell it's been patched at least it won't be as bad as it is now.

go to the wreckers with a stanley knife, cut a piece from a wrecked aurion and patch yours up.

or u can get a same colour texta and colour it in :D

edit: in this case, i'd rather it burn all the way through, saves u time from cutting it off your car :P

or u can get a same colour texta and colour it in :D

That's what I would do. Or find a close colour paint or spray paint and lightly cover it. At least that will create less of a distinction between the colour differences.

Otherwise, you could remove the entire headliner and either replace it, or dye it another colour.

As these have the flocking sprayed on you may find that a craft shop can help you out. You get the spray glue and then the flocking that needs to be sprayed on. Check in the craft shop and am sure they can help you out. Colour matching could be a bit more interesting but will still look heaps better than it is now.

As these have the flocking sprayed on you may find that a craft shop can help you out. You get the spray glue and then the flocking that needs to be sprayed on. Check in the craft shop and am sure they can help you out. Colour matching could be a bit more interesting but will still look heaps better than it is now.

Hey this is a good idea. Never thought of a craft store. There is one at my local shopping centre so I'll pay a visit there. Also thanks for everyone else who put in your ideas. I hope I can find the right stuff to fix this patch up.

Cheers :)

how about looking at a motor trimmer i'm sure they would be able to help you out if not they would be able to recover it fairly cheaply .

Oh yeah. Another good idea. Thanks guys. Been big help. Will get around to getting this fixed soon. Just very busy these days :(