Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6

Hi all,

I've just come back from the dealer and in the final stages of the deal. waiting for finance approval.

Trading in the Stivo for only....$20,000

and getting the evo 6 (42,000km's) for $41,000.

Just wanted to know what people thought of the Evo.

i just wanted a quicker car and something for the track...

Thanx

Chris

I don't know about the "quicker" bit :P seriously a good swap for an excellent cult car! Will take an Evo over a WRX anyday and for a Evo6 with 42,000kms pricing seems alright especially whe they sold it for $80,000 new, although that was the TommiMac edition. Is yours a GSR hence heavier than the TM edition and i think the turbo charger is also different. Good swap anyway, sad to see you sell the Stivo though ;)

Whats insurance gonna cost though?

For the track the AYC and VCD will be in a world of its own :D Drool.....

Edited by ZEEROLLA

GSR?

it just says Evo 6 on the papers. i thought GSR's are a lower model than the evos.

Insurance quoted at $2,500.

The Evo 6 comes in 3 grades, GSR, RS and TM edition. The GSR is te fully loaded one and weighs in around 1360kg, the RS is the stripped out race-spec version and weighs around 100kg less and the TM edition (red paint with stripes) sold in Australia with a limited run of 100 weighs in at 1280kg and has a different turbo from what i know which improves responsiveness. But the Evo6 GSR is already way better than WRX STIs (maybe even the MY05 WRX STI) in terms of performance as it has the AYC (Active Yaw Control) and VCD (Variable Center Differential). The only downside is Mitsubishi quality, it might be a little plasticky compared to Subaru WRXs. Definitely the weapon of choice for track racing and tarmac rallies B) Much better than GTRs imo.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hi all,

I've just come back from the dealer and in the final stages of the deal. waiting for finance approval.

Trading in the Stivo for only....$20,000

and getting the evo 6 (42,000km's) for $41,000.

Just wanted to know what people thought of the Evo.

i just wanted a quicker car and something for the track...

Thanx

Chris

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... now i c why ur getting rid of the black baby ..... Mate even with ur EVO u still wont take me :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ur gonna have to hand the keys over when u get it so i can show u how to drive it :P :P :P :P :P

The Evo 6 comes in 3 grades, GSR, RS and TM edition.  The GSR is te fully loaded one and weighs in around 1360kg, the RS is the stripped out race-spec version and weighs around 100kg less and the TM edition (red paint with stripes) sold in Australia with a limited run of 100 weighs in at 1280kg and has a different turbo from what i know which improves responsiveness.  But the Evo6 GSR is already way better than WRX STIs (maybe even the MY05 WRX STI) in terms of performance as it has the AYC (Active Yaw Control) and VCD (Variable Center Differential).  The only downside is Mitsubishi quality, it might be a little plasticky compared to Subaru WRXs.  Definitely the weapon of choice for track racing and tarmac rallies B) Much better than GTRs imo.

oh....it's the GSR then. :blink:

hehe

yeah...i used to have a 2001 CE Lancer. and the quality inside is the same! ...how crap!!!...but...still pondering..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... now i c why ur getting rid of the black baby ..... Mate even with ur EVO u still wont take me :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ur gonna have to hand the keys over when u get it so i can show u how to drive it :P :P :P :P :P

heheh...we'll see my dear stivo buddy...we'll see. hehehe

it's not definate yet...but..we'll see.

Sounds like a fairly decent trade-up Chris... If I could afford to do the same I would :D

Look forward to seeing you on the track with it :D

EDIT: I also think you can get more for the trade in too, Have you thought about using a broker to do the dealing?

Edited by Blue_Stivo

why would you go for that when the new evo is $61,000

or saw 5 the other day for $59,000 because of the end of financial year sale.

get the new one mate.$41,000 is alot for a second hand one.

whats the diff between the one ya wanna get and a brand new one?

just checked most of the major car classifieds on the net and they the dealers are starting from 49k.

dealer quote: "the reason they're still expensive is because they're still highly regarded and are sometimes even preferred to the evo VII or VIII"

i'm hoping to sell my stivo privately, i really don't want to part with it for only $20,000.

i'd really be happy with $24,000.

but...they wouldn't budge...

originally, the VI was tagged at $47,999.

:blink: :(

just checked most of the major car classifieds on the net and they the dealers are starting from 49k.

dealer quote: "the reason they're still expensive is because they're still highly regarded and are sometimes even preferred to the evo VII or VIII"

i'm hoping to sell my stivo privately, i really don't want to part with it for only $20,000.

:blink:  :(

The Evo VI TM is the real deal :lol:

Still the benchmark for raw blistering road and track speed... B)

Lots of car reviewers regard it as the quintesential Evo

All the Evos after it have put on weight and lost the race track harshness, no compromises balls out driving experience that the Evo VI is

They'll keep their value as long as their looked after just make sure the car hasent been raced in motokhana, rallies etc as a lot of them where kitted up with a cage and rodgered senseless by weekend warriors...like me i wish :P

:blink:  :(

The Evo VI TM is the real deal :lol:

Still the benchmark for raw blistering road and track speed... B)

Lots of car reviewers regard it as the quintesential Evo

All the Evos after it have put on weight and lost the race track harshness, no compromises balls out driving experience that the Evo VI is

They'll keep their value as long as their looked after just make sure the car hasent been raced in motokhana, rallies etc as a lot of them where kitted up with a cage and rodgered senseless by weekend warriors...like me i wish :P

If you planning to mod the car then the EVO8 is a better car with a better turbocharger and more efficient intercooler. The brakes and suspension are also better in the EVO8. The engine is also more durable and produces more torque. Quality is also improved over the EVO6, PLUS its got a 6 SPEED GEARBOX!! Highway and city driving will be more comfortable. Now that is worth every penny ;) But you get penalised with weight, i think it weighs in at 1400+kg.

If you are going stock or mildly modded, the EVO6 TM edition is the fastest road car you can get weighing in at 1280kg and has the full 206kw of power instead of the EVO8's 195kw. Plus its very rare, only 100 ever made it to dealerships here. EVO6 GSR is also rare but weigh in at 1360kg so might not be as quick. The turbocharger is also different to the TM edition EVO6 which is a big factor.

Try to get a better deal for the EVO6 GSR if you really want the EVO6 over the EVO8, if not try walking off the deal B) . Otherwise i think it would be better to get the BRAND NEW EVO8. No worries, no hassles plus 3 year warranty cover, and all the plusses mentioned above which the EVO8 has over the EVO6.

Otherwise get an STI ;)

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

ok being that everyone thinks TJ should go the evo 8 .... can we all chip in to fill in the gap in TJ's finances of about $20-$30 so he can get the evo 8 as ur all recommending :P :P :P :P :P I think if u had the money u would obviously get the best available but if u dont then u get wat u can afford

Just curious, do you guys know when will the EVOIX will arrive in Australia?

xTiGeRx, have you thought of holding your purchase and get the EVOIX instead of a EVOVI??

The beast, has got MIVEC as well as Turbo.

Which is "Lift" + Turbo :blink::blink:

Can't imagine........

The car was so impressed in most of the test drives by the professinals.

Wanna get one......... :P

Edited by Cooley

ah! going crazy....so many options.

Just a thought:

Which is better (stock & modified):

1) Evo VI

2) R33 GT-R

3) R34 GT-T

or anything else that fits into the this category, under $42,000.

what about in same price range

WRX new

WRX STI second hand

FORD XR6 turbo ( alot of potential but ford lol)

mazda mx5sp

mitsi VRX magna ($33k all wheel drive spend the diff get supercharged)

theres a hell of alot of options for that type of money mate.

so dont just dive in because ya think ya getting a good deal. look around.

ah! going crazy....so many options.

Just a thought:

Which is better (stock & modified):

1) Evo VI

2) R33 GT-R

3) R34 GT-T

or anything else that fits into the this category, under $42,000.

EVO EVO EVO!!!! Too many skylines around although the GTR is a beast. The EVO6 can be modded to be quicker than a Skyline and is much more nimble on the track, plus a lot of people will think you have a EVO wannabe Lancer which isn't always a bad thing :P

What Eddy said is true, maybe you can look at WRX/ STIs/ and the EVO9 (didn't know its coming :o !)

guys guys guys guys ..... wat u doin to poor TJ .... I mean if he has 2 options in front of him it can take an eternity to pick an option let alone with all this choice :P ;) :P ;) :P ;)

mate at the end of the day you have to pay for it and drive it for how ever long.

an evo will definatly hold its value which is a good thing however there are way to many other options for that money.

**** you could just about turbo supercharge all wheel drive the stivo for that extra cash. lol

anyway all i can say is test drive everything in that price range and see whatya think.

i know TJ.... spend between $5k-10k getting a GTI or SX corolla and then drop $30K on performance ;) ;) :D :D

Or a 317kw atw Supra sounds pretty good doesn't it and you can get it all under $40grand i suppose.. but seriously i would still prefer an EVO6, its got bags of potential as a full on race car (heck it already is a fantastic track car!), has AWD for rain and snow and can seat up to 4 adults comfortably.

EVO has my vote ;)