What have they done to my car!!?

czaja74

Got my 3 years service done today at the dealer. I'm really not happy with it. The car drives like crap. It lost all guts. I don't know what they did to it but it is not as responsive as it was. I use BP Ultimate and the car was very responsive but after today's service it drives like crap. Pushing accelerator doesn't produce same response. I don't know what they did to it but something went wrong. I'm really ***** ****** off. I will be calling them tomorrow and demand explanation. If that doesn't work I'll lodge an official complain with Toyota. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill finish work in 2 h and will check it in the car park. Any other suggestions?

Take it back to the dealer ASAP.......

Let us know how you go...

Any update?

Also, are you sure it's not just a placebo effect? 60K is just an oil change and brake fluid change. Don't see why anything else would go wrong? It's not like they needed to fiddle wit anything else electronic etc.

On most modern cars if the battery is disconnected the car will drive crap for say 10km depending on car each are different then the car goes back to normal. Just like a reset phase.

I'd start by speaking with the dealer rather than posting on a forum about it.

Generally a service department is going to hear your problems and act quickly to rectify it if you feel the car has come back in a worse condition than when they received it.

I had a similar experience whereby they used fuel conditioner in the service. It took me 3 fuel fillups until the power returned to what it was before I dropped off my car to a certain dodgy daelership service center. Ran the car below 1/4 tank prior to each fillup on BP Ultimate.

On another note, they may have re-tuned it so it drives differently to how it was before dropping it off. You can simply reset the ecu by disconnecting the negative terminal for about 10mins and then the drive car for atleast 300kms for the ecu to learn your driving style.

Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy.

That was the last trip to that dealer. They were really good with few warranty jobs. I checked car around and found a few things I wasn't happy about. I found cigarette butt on passenger side (me and wife don't smoke). They cleaned cabin filter but when I opened the glow box it just fell on the floor. Not a big deal to put it back but still. Now another 2 things that might have effect on the car performance. The engine oil was overfilled by about 6cm above high level mark on the stick and the air filter was dump. I noticed that they washed the engine bay. They did disconnect and remove the battery. Also the air box wasn't properly closed and the water got onto part of the filter. I took the car back and they replaced filter, drained excess engine oil, washed and cleaned the car. Tonight on the way home car drove a bit better. Not as it was before but pretty close. I spoke to my neighbour and he said that an apprentice was working on my car. I pay for the service and job like this is not acceptable.

Edited by czaja74

Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy.

That was the last trip to that dealer. They were really good with few warranty jobs. I checked car around and found a few things I wasn't happy about. I found cigarette butt on passenger side (me and wife don't smoke). They cleaned cabin filter but when I opened the glow box it just fell on the floor. Not a big deal to put it back but still. Now another 2 things that might have effect on the car performance. The engine oil was overfilled by about 6cm above high level mark on the stick and the air filter was dump. I noticed that they washed the engine bay. They did disconnect and remove the battery. Also the air box wasn't properly closed and the water got onto part of the filter. I took the car back and they replaced filter, drained excess engine oil, washed and cleaned the car. Tonight on the way home car drove a bit better. Not as it was before but pretty close. I spoke to my neighbour and he said that an apprentice was working on my car. I pay for the service and job like this is not acceptable.

you are an experienced member on the forum, and i cant beleive that you could let this happen, like me outsource to a mechanic who services you car everytime, toyotatrained of course.

[you are an experienced member on the forum, and i cant beleive that you could let this happen, like me outsource to a mechanic who services you car everytime, toyotatrained of course.

The only reason I took my car there was last toyota adventage service which cost me $120. However I wouldnt do it again. It really ***** me off seeing that the car didnt get attention it deserved. Most of the time I do oil and filter change myself. In this way I know it is done properly. Another funny thing is how they try to retain customer. I went to the patrol station and after opening fuel tank lid I saw the service reminder sticker. Just shaked my head... I really hate these window or anywhere stickers. I clearly told them DO NOT put any of them in the car. It is all good tho. It was the last time I saw the dealer. ph34r.gif

I agree with you. Toyota service is crap just like any other car company service. If you check a previous thread about me ranting on their crap service i know how it feels.

Just an update. The "new" battery they gave me is spewing acid from the terminals now. The area in the engine bay is now blue and white. Thanks Toyota for giving me a screwed up battery.

All the filters i buy are sourced from usa. Better quality as well.

The only time i'll bring my car to toyota services is for the major 90000km. Apparently you have to take out the engine to do one side of the spark plugs :blink: :blink:

I'd start by speaking with the dealer rather than posting on a forum about it.

Generally a service department is going to hear your problems and act quickly to rectify it if you feel the car has come back in a worse condition than when they received it.

Nah, I completely don't agree, the only way Toyota will listen to the people if we keep voicing our opinion about the constant lack of care attitude by their dealerships.

I run my own business and rely on my car to being able to earn money. The last thing I need is to keep going back to the same dealer time after time to rectify problems created by their own incompetent worker as was in my case.

I ended up loosing thousand of dollars trading the car much earlier than I had planned because of this issue.

If you stay silent, you are endorsing these dealerships to keep doing the wrong thing and it appears that is what you are advising.

Edited by conroe