Advice RE: Toyota Aurion 2008 AT-X

carlover1992

Okay guys, I've been looking around the forums for an answer to my question and I've found threads which have addressed it, but I'm gonna ask it here anyway...

I want to play my iPod through my car.

It says MP3 and WMA on the stereo, but no input for my iPod to be plugged into.

I do not want to purchase a new head unit. If an iPod input is not available I'll probably just get one of those frequency thingos.

Help.

Edited by carlover1992

If your stereo has an MP3/AUX input with no USB port, then it will have a 3.5mm jack on it where you can plug your iPod into it. You just need a 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm stereo male lead and you can input your iPod into it.

If your stereo has an MP3/AUX input with no USB port, then it will have a 3.5mm jack on it where you can plug your iPod into it. You just need a 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm stereo male lead and you can input your iPod into it.

Sorry my mistake.

Is says MP3 WMA.

No Aux input...

Below is an image of the exact stereo.

Photo Gallery - carsales.com.au.htm

Edited by carlover1992

Sorry my mistake.

Is says MP3 WMA.

No Aux input...

I actually tried the DIY way, using the 1k resistor + a few wires here and there behind the head unit.

Almost broke some pins so I gave that a miss. So, I went the easy way out and purchased this adapter, http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/vehicles/toyota/toyota-toy.html

Plug in and play. Really easy, but cost me a lot more.

Sorry my mistake.

Is says MP3 WMA.

No Aux input...

I actually tried the DIY way, using the 1k resistor + a few wires here and there behind the head unit.

Almost broke some pins so I gave that a miss. So, I went the easy way out and purchased this adapter, http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/vehicles/toyota/toyota-toy.html

That looks like a good option. Where does that sit and how does it connect to speakers in the car?

Otherwise, I'll just have to find someone from these forums who lives in Melbourne that would be willing to help to do it manually!!! :D

Sorry my mistake.

Is says MP3 WMA.

No Aux input...

That looks like a good option. Where does that sit and how does it connect to speakers in the car?

Otherwise, I'll just have to find someone from these forums who lives in Melbourne that would be willing to help to do it manually!!! :D

Haha, it plugs into the back of the headunit.

I sat it under the headunit (behind the empty slot)

A cable connects to the adapter and then to your phone/ipod.

By the way, I live in Melbourne. I can show you how I did mine if you like?

That's still a FM transmitter, your sound would be much better if it's any consolation :P

That's still a FM transmitter, your sound would be much better if it's any consolation :P

So I'm guessing I spent about $120 in the right direction ;)

But hey if you want to see what it looks/sounds like, we can meet up somewhere in Melb?

After deciding it was time to ditch the 2009 Sportwagon Calais V (btw - I dang near fell over from finding out what it was worth after 12 months.... Daymmmmnnnnn!), I saw the Aurion and thought that it looked mighty temptin with the purposeful and elegant, sleek lines, even in the basic ATX form.

I think you made a great choice in cars to "pimp" up.

Show us some pics of your mods when ya get the chance!!

Hang loose, bud.

Sean (aka Jim-Bob)

Welcome mate. If you are in Brisbane, I can fit a head unit for you

That's it. I'm moving to Brisbane :lol:

haha a head unit would be no where near the biggest job done at a weekly meet...

That can be read in SO many ways... but we'll stick to the G rated version. LOL!!!

:rolleyes::whistling:

Welcome to the forums, interested that you'd choose an Aurion but that's not a bad thing though. Seems like we can't bundle all of the youth of today's society in one lump! :toast:

Brisbane meets are the best. Spring Hill Loop Mechanics + KK Donuts/Sarah's brownies + conversations of the... interesting kind. You interstaters are missing out.

Lol but there's quite a few youngin's on here driving Aurion's cheif ?

that keeps us old farts interested in modding. the more the merrier.

I have got one of those crap....it screws up your iphone battery...your battery would some how lose charge after a while, jumps from like 50% to 32% mysteriously in a few mins of internet surfing...