Headunit Bluetooth issue

conroe

Looks like Toyota is ignoring me with this problem I'm having.

I have one of the latest head unit from Toyota and is not pairing properly with my Nokia phone. Apparently it is a known issue and widespread.

The dealer told me that Toyota don't want to know about it and it'll be up to the discretion of Fujitsu.

I find this to be very strange and disturbing since my Nokia don't have a problem with any other bluetooth devices such as the multiple portable handsfree that I am currently using on different cars and why should Toyota pass this problem to Fujitsu, didn't they are the one who sold the car with the problem in the first place? :angry:

if the cars under warranty, then it doesn't matter what they think. It's presenting a problem and an advertised feature is not functioning. Don't take no for an answer, if it doesn't work they're the ones who have to fix it.

Does it pair with other phones, I'd try that first.

You would think Nokia should pair with anything, however it's worth trying another phone just in case.

My iphone4 wouldn't pair to anything that wasn't apple (even the same head unit as yours), when I first bought it, you would think that if a device is Bluetooth enabled, it wouldn't care, but they seem to.

As for the dealer, what a load of bull%^*#.

Would be interested to know which dealership your referring to. I'd go to another, they should replace it without even drawing a breath.

Does it pair with other phones, I'd try that first.

You would think Nokia should pair with anything, however it's worth trying another phone just in case.

My iphone4 wouldn't pair to anything that wasn't apple (even the same head unit as yours), when I first bought it, you would think that if a device is Bluetooth enabled, it wouldn't care, but they seem to.

As for the dealer, what a load of bull%^*#.

Would be interested to know which dealership your referring to. I'd go to another, they should replace it without even drawing a breath.

It does pair without any issue at least with one phone that I know of. The guy at the service counter owns the new HTC and he demonstrated to me that his phone will work correctly.

Obviously in the beginning he tried to put the blame on my phone, but when I started making a bit of noise he then backed down and said he never accused me of such thing.

He told me to update the software on my phone, which he meant to be the FW, but my Nokia said it already has the latest one installed.

I'll update on the progress with this matter, see whether Toyota is going to look after their customer or not.

Funny how dealers like to assume and treat their customers like a bunch of morons before finally caving in and admitting he has a pile of paperwork half an inch thick with this issue. That is just with one dealership, since the same head unit also installed on the Yaris and you know how many Yaris Toyota sells each month.

I also learn the head office has actually issue a memo to their service dept about this problem, what it entails though I have no idea.

Edited by conroe

I'm sure they do have a stack of issues . My previous car had a Sony bluetooth headunit that I installed that was really hit and miss with my Nokia . I Installed 2 other units to family cars and they also had issues with nokia's . Solution was to get rid of the nokia's . To be fair they worked 90% of the time but thats not nearly good enough .

My cheap chinese Aurion HU and HTC phone work perfectly together everytime .