Aurion Owners, help me out. spray it or not? would it look good?

Silver-Aurion

So, if maybe some of you saw my rant on the Status Update part where I reversed into a rock lying on the ground in the dark and I couldn't see it. This has really got me in a sh*tty mood to say the least.

So the whole rear needs to get resprayed, maybe even patched up because the rock left nice gashes and scrapes on the rear bumper.

So I was thinking, while doing that. Should I have my fog light covers & my front number plate holder (the black thing that our number plates screw into) colour coded as well? Or would it be too much silver?

I know one member here has colour coded their fog light covers but I cannot find that picture, so if anyone can help me out there.

So should I go for it or not? I'm thinking of colour coding them and then in the near future putting some eye lids on.

I say paint the plate holder. leave the fog shrouds. if you want a ultra clean look, paint your mirror shrouds

Yeah, I think you're right. I should leave the foggies alone. Just looked at a picture of the front of the car and the plate holder painted would look really neat.

Seriously, I have the crappiest luck these past two days. You know what I did today? Was parking the car behind another car in the driveway, and I smashed the Aurion into the bull bar of the car in front. I freaked out because the car in front dipped so badly and it made that scary crunching sound. I guess I went too close, lol.

Went out to inspect the damage, nothing at all EXCEPT the bull bar cracked my Altrax number plate cover :(. Need to buy a new one for the front now.

Seriously, TWO dings in two days? wtf! :unsure:

Need to take some chill pills I think, been stressing these few weeks on some unrelated matters and my mind is wondering a lot <_<

You can try using Paint (the program) on a photo to change the colour?

Stupid idea.. but it would work in giving you an idea :P

Tried this out, doesn't look too good with the foggies painted. Still keeping an eye out for you mate :P.

You can try using Paint (the program) on a photo to change the colour?

Stupid idea.. but it would work in giving you an idea :P

Tried this out, doesn't look too good with the foggies painted. Still keeping an eye out for you mate :P.

I'm with Davo on this one. Colour coding those small things would make a difference. The mud flaps too maybe? But I don't know how it'd turn out on a Silver Aurion.. Yea man, I've been beeping and waving to all the Silver Aurions I see. It's only a matter of time!! Hahaha :lol:

Awesome, thanks for all the replies guys. Appreciate it. I definitely will keep the foggies black but I will colour code the number plate holder for sure.

Had a speak with my good mate who is a panel beater and we will soon be taking the front and rear bumpers off to take to the shop to get it painted professionally in the booth.

While I'm at it I'm getting the whole front bumper painted as well as it has copped a fair bit of abuse from stone chips from the previous owner. I cannot wait, car is going to look immaculate after the spray and a big detail once everything is back together.

What sucks though is that I won't be able to drive the car for a couple of days. Don't think its legal to drive with no rear bumper and front bumper <_<

I say paint the plate holder. leave the fog shrouds. if you want a ultra clean look, paint your mirror shrouds

Yeah, I think you're right. I should leave the foggies alone. Just looked at a picture of the front of the car and the plate holder painted would look really neat.

Seriously, I have the crappiest luck these past two days. You know what I did today? Was parking the car behind another car in the driveway, and I smashed the Aurion into the bull bar of the car in front. I freaked out because the car in front dipped so badly and it made that scary crunching sound. I guess I went too close, lol.

Went out to inspect the damage, nothing at all EXCEPT the bull bar cracked my Altrax number plate cover :(. Need to buy a new one for the front now.

Seriously, TWO dings in two days? wtf! :unsure:

Need to take some chill pills I think, been stressing these few weeks on some unrelated matters and my mind is wondering a lot dry.gif

Dude, that seriously sucks.... these things normally come in threes too :unsure:

What sucks though is that I won't be able to drive the car for a couple of days. Don't think its legal to drive with no rear bumper and front bumper <_<

Damn it!

If you did I would have been able to spot you out a lot easier! <_<