2010 AURION Trade In Price

HDT05

Just wondering whether any other mebers have had problems getting a 'good' price trading in thier AURION as not even the Toyota dealers want them????

I have a Liquid Metal 2010 ZR6 with Sunroof & KAPPA 18's. Done 10,000k's. Paid $48 On Road. I tried 4 dealers today and they all tell me they are being really generous in offering me $25,000 for it! A $23,000 loss in 12 months.

Uterly ridiculous and I could not beleive Toyota were the worst with a trade in price. Obviuosly they don't even like thier own product.

Oh what a feeling!

Just wondering whether any other mebers have had problems getting a 'good' price trading in thier AURION as not even the Toyota dealers want them????

I have a Liquid Metal 2010 ZR6 with Sunroof & KAPPA 18's. Done 10,000k's. Paid $48 On Road. I tried 4 dealers today and they all tell me they are being really generous in offering me $25,000 for it! A $23,000 loss in 12 months.

Uterly ridiculous and I could not beleive Toyota were the worst with a trade in price. Obviuosly they don't even like thier own product.

Oh what a feeling!

yeah there really trying to take you for a ride thats for sure, give you 25k and out it on the lot for $40,990. i can think of two ZR6's that have been traded at work in the last couple of months the first a 07 wildfire one with sunroof with 28000kms on it and they got 25 or 26k for that and another 07 wildfire with 38000kms who would of got 23 -24 for that one so you should easily as be in the mid 30's with sunroof, satnav? and kappas. ripping you off big time, whats redbook say?

Oh what a feeling!

yeah there really trying to take you for a ride thats for sure, give you 25k and out it on the lot for $40,990. i can think of two ZR6's that have been traded at work in the last couple of months the first a 07 wildfire one with sunroof with 28000kms on it and they got 25 or 26k for that and another 07 wildfire with 38000kms who would of got 23 -24 for that one so you should easily as be in the mid 30's with sunroof, satnav? and kappas. ripping you off big time, whats redbook say?

I think its somthing around these prices $24K-$28K trade in. $33-$40K dealer price

Unfortunately that is the nature of trade ins across all makes of car.

Can I ask why you purchased a new car just to trade it in after 12 months?

My wife doesnt like driving it. And I got sick of fixing all the little things and the rattles and sqeeks.

Try private selling then. All the squeaks rattles things can be fixed can't they? And it's a lot cheaper than losing half ur car in 12 months period.

Ur wife doesn't like it? o.O.. What u plannin to change to?

Too true. They can be repaired. I have spent the last 6 months repairing them and they still keep appearing. Now the rear vision mirror rattles and the sun roof rattles.

Am going to buy the Subaru Sports Wagon

Edited by HDT05

Too true. They can be repaired. I have spent the last 6 months repairing them and they still keep appearing. Now the rear vision mirror rattles and the sun roof rattles.

Thats strange nobody else with the update model has ever complained about the rattles and sqeaks thats seem to inflict a good percentage of the "series one" cars. and first i've heard abouts sqeaks coming from the auto tilting mirror??

Thats strange nobody else with the update model has ever complained about the rattles and sqeaks thats seem to inflict a good percentage of the "series one" cars. and first i've heard abouts sqeaks coming from the auto tilting mirror??

It's the electronic rear vision mirror. Not the side/wing mirrriors. As soon as the mirror gets hot. The plastic back starts squeeking when your driving. I also had a bad squeeking noise coming from the passanger side. Ended up Toyota found that they forgot to put the clips in the plastic trim that sits on top/inside the inner guard!

My upgrade ZR6 has many rattles and squeeks, something I'm quickly tiring of :angry:

The most dis-satisfying aspect of the entire car is the interior trim, plastic bits in particular, really cheapens the car unfortunately.

Although my rear vision mirror doesn't make any noise, it's as loose, so on a heavily textured surface, it's almost impossible to see anything behind you through the vibration.

My main noises seem to be:

- Plastic trim around the gear selector, squeeks like a MF !

- The lid of the centre console vibrates, need to drive with one arm constantly on it to shut it the hell up.

- The silver plastic trip (woodgrain in the Prodigy) just above the glovebox, squeeks on and off.

- Drivers grab handle next to my head, rattles on and off.

- Something in the passanger rear door rattles, not sure about the source of this one.

Going top mention something next service, but would prefer the noises as opposed to someone ripping the contents of the car apart.

My upgrade ZR6 has many rattles and squeeks, something I'm quickly tiring of :angry:

The most dis-satisfying aspect of the entire car is the interior trim, plastic bits in particular, really cheapens the car unfortunately.

Although my rear vision mirror doesn't make any noise, it's as loose, so on a heavily textured surface, it's almost impossible to see anything behind you through the vibration.

- The lid of the centre console vibrates, need to drive with one arm constantly on it to shut it the hell up.

- The silver plastic trip (woodgrain in the Prodigy) just above the glovebox, squeeks on and off.

- Something in the passanger rear door rattles, not sure about the source of this one.

Going top mention something next service, but would prefer the noises as opposed to someone ripping the contents of the car apart.

Absoloutly agree with you there! The rear vision mirror vibrates and makes it difficult to see out of. My does it at idle as well. Bad design for sure. But I think having the exrta weight in the mirror with the electronics is not helping the vibration as its heavier etc. than a normal mirror.

I have had my console replace due to bad fit. As well as my drivers door trim. I had the silver plastic dash strip on the driver side replaced. It was squeeking and we found the the corresponding piece on the door trim was rubbing on the dash trim. Hence why it was all replaced. Maybe you have a similar issue?

Cheers...

I have had my console replace due to bad fit. As well as my drivers door trim. I had the silver plastic dash strip on the driver side replaced. It was squeeking and we found the the corresponding piece on the door trim was rubbing on the dash trim. Hence why it was all replaced. Maybe you have a similar issue?

Cheers...

With all the nasty plastic bits replaced, what was the outcome ?

What I'd like to avoid is having to continually go back to have these noises rectified. If the're confident that can sort them first time round, I won't be so concerned about having it done.

I have thought about throwing the odd bit of dry libe around to see whether I can fix it ?

Edited by mr_grumble2010

Cheers...

With all the nasty plastic bits replaced, what was the outcome ?

What I'd like to avoid is having to continually go back to have these noises rectified. If the're confident that can sort them first time round, I won't be so concerned about having it done.

I have thought about throwing the odd bit of dry libe around to see whether I can fix it ?

All good now. Took a couple of months for the trims to be made/arrive. It has taken me nearly 7 months to work through all the problems. I had a feeling that the 2009 AURION had dash squeeks at one stage as well. All Toyota did was put felt washers under the trim clips to stop it. But the dash crash pad must come out to do it. The should be able to tell you by your VIN number.

Cheers...

That's how it's always been with "normal" cars. I have always felt that buying a normal car new is like throwing money away. At best 50% depreciation private sale in 4-5 years and that seems to be rapidly diminishing.

Almost 50% at trade in in 1 year is outrageous.

I think Toyota had a bulletin out regarding squeaking from the gear lever, I would take it to the dealer to get fixed. As for the centre console lid, I had the same problem. Ended up taking both latches off and found the tension springs were rattling. Just forced some carboard underneath each spring. Seems to have fixed the problem.

I have had many problems with my 2008 zr6. Had the dash clips replaced, intermediate shaft replaced, both drive shafts replaced. The car has been to toyota about 5 times regarding dodgey transmission. Now have a problem with tranny slipping when cold which dealer is trying to identify.

That's how it's always been with "normal" cars. I have always felt that buying a normal car new is like throwing money away. At best 50% depreciation private sale in 4-5 years and that seems to be rapidly diminishing.

Almost 50% at trade in in 1 year is outrageous.

Yep. Thats how I used to see it. You expected to loose $1000 a month for the first year. Then a little less for the 2nd year etc. Thats part of buying a new car! All of that I can live with.

Oh what a feeling!

Heres what TOYOTA have to say on the subject...

Thank you for your recent email received by the Toyota Customer Experience Centre.

We understand the expectations that our customers have of their Toyota vehicle as well as the National Dealership Network and rightly so and we are sorry to learn you are dissatisfied with the trade in price for your vehicle and appreciate you bringing your thoughts to our attention. It is feedback such as this that enables us to understand the true situation in the market place and what is important to our customers.

As Toyota Dealerships are privately owned and franchised, each dealership sets their own policies and procedures of which Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (TMCA) are unable to instruct or set pricing. We would recommend to shop around with dealerships to ensure the best possible price is achieved.

Thank you for contacting Toyota and allowing us the opportunity to respond.

wow i thought they had fixed all these little issues with the facelift car, couple of new Sportivo’s I’ve driven they felt a little better no noticeable squeaks or creaks however i have noticed on every new Sportivo the rubber protection that goes around the body kit in particular the front bar by the "air dam" hasn’t been finished off properly just hangs there on two cars now I’ve poked it where it should go and it sat perfectly just weird all the ones I’ve looked at have been like it though and on the same side but other than that they did see t be put together a bit better than "series one" with perhaps the exception of the touring model which do seemed to of had a few minor dramas with we put a whole new dash in one and when i looked at another touring its dash wasn’t finished off all the good either. But Presara and Sportivo over all did seem to be a better jigger!

Whats that IS350 when the day comes to update?