Aurion won't unlock, can't get in.

Eirion

Parked up my 2007 AT-X in the city this morning and spent 8 hours at a meeting. Got back and the beeper wouldn't open the doors, no sign of flashing or beeping as normal. The red security light on the dash is still flashing. Thought it might be the beeper battery so my other half drove up and we tried hers, no luck. Must be a problem with the car.

I didn't open the door with the key to avoid setting off the alarm. What do I need to do to get into the car? Can I open it with the key then switch off the alarm somehow? Car is still in the multi-storey carpark for the night.

Had the car since October, no problems with it at all. The battery has been fine and starts first time every time. Thanks for any help.

Parked up my 2007 AT-X in the city this morning and spent 8 hours at a meeting. Got back and the beeper wouldn't open the doors, no sign of flashing or beeping as normal. The red security light on the dash is still flashing. Thought it might be the beeper battery so my other half drove up and we tried hers, no luck. Must be a problem with the car.

I didn't open the door with the key to avoid setting off the alarm. What do I need to do to get into the car? Can I open it with the key then switch off the alarm somehow? Car is still in the multi-storey carpark for the night.

Had the car since October, no problems with it at all. The battery has been fine and starts first time every time. Thanks for any help.

The key turns off the alarm, and opens the door, just as the remote would.

Most systems are set up so that the key will disable the alarm so that you can get in the car if the remote dies, but won't disengage the immobiliser so it won't let you start the car immediately - you have to wait half an hour or something similar. Had this happen a couple of times with dying remote batteries or if parked in a high RF noise zone (like under Black Mountain tower in Canberra, or high voltage power lines). Sometimes the remote will work again if you're inside the car (bit of extra protection/sheilding) or if you put it into the remote control reader thingy (usually in the glovebox) and the immobiliser will disable.

If the alarm went off, it would only last for about a minute and then shut off.

Anyway, the mechanical key will open the door without alarm and without delay for starting the car.

I know that the keyfob is ignored if there is a key detected in the ignition (by a very simple switch) - it could be stuck, but you would have had to lock the car with the mechanical key.

Never heard of the car forgetting all the keys, but search this forum (and google) to re-register all of the keyfobs - only if you find a good reason to suspect this.

Note: the remote receiver is behind the trim on the drivers side of the rear window glass.

Exact same thing happened with our work car today (Commodore). Eventually got it to open after 5 minutes of walking around the car constantly pressing the unlock button. Got the car back to work and didn't have any dramas what so ever afterwards. As Hiro said, you could have been receiving interference or similar....this is what one of the blokes at work said was probably the cause as well.

I thought Aurions are usually sold with two remote controls.

If its a Factory alarm, it should deactivate with the key.

If you have road side assistance, you can get them to come and disable the alarm.

Maybe, just maybe its the car battery. This may explain why both key fobs didn't work.

Open the door with the key, hold the key fob near the start button (foot on brake)till it changes colour (probably wont if its the car battery) and then push the button to start the car. That's how to get a presara started with a flat key fob.

The alarm doesn't go off either.

Flat car battery, car wont do anything.

Silly question... Are you sure it was your car?

if it was my partner I'd be asking the same question, but yes, it is definitely my car.

i'll go back and use the key and see if I can get in. we'll bring jump leads too in case it's the battery.

thanks for the comments, it's really appreciated.

If you weren's sure, my solution would be to have a 10mm spanner handy. That way, if you unlock the car with the key and the alarm goes off, you then go and disconnect the battery.

But as everyone has already said, you just use your key and the alarm will be disabled.

Open the door with the key, hold the key fob near the start button (foot on brake)till it changes colour (probably wont if its the car battery) and then push the button to start the car. That's how to get a presara started with a flat key fob.

Useful tip for those with Smart Entry, but unfortunately the OP does not have this.

used the key to get in and got a booster battery connected. jumpstarted no problem and drove for a half hour, it's holding charge now. no idea what caused the battery to drain completely but we'll keep an eye on it, and some jumpleads in the boot.

thanks again.

my first thought was that the vehicles battery is no good. we use a toyota battery tester at work, on every car. it is a useful tool as it is fairly accurate on its % tests.

we can not make a warranty claim on a battery unless one of these tests are carried out and the code number attached to the warranty claim.

if the battery is flat there might be enough left to power security light an in some instances the h/lights may work. a half hour drive will only give a surface charge , it needs a good long charge and retest .. is the battery still original... black case century yuasa brand 55d23l pt no.. i see these last at least 5 years if serviced correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

my first thought was that the vehicles battery is no good. we use a toyota battery tester at work, on every car. it is a useful tool as it is fairly accurate on its % tests.

we can not make a warranty claim on a battery unless one of these tests are carried out and the code number attached to the warranty claim.

if the battery is flat there might be enough left to power security light an in some instances the h/lights may work. a half hour drive will only give a surface charge , it needs a good long charge and retest .. is the battery still original... black case century yuasa brand 55d23l pt no.. i see these last at least 5 years if serviced correctly.

it's the original battery, car was registered in december 2007.

there has been a bit of acid dust building up, particularly around the negative terminal. i've stripped it all down and cleaned up the terminals, had no problems since then.

if anything like this happens again i'll be replacing the battery straight away.

• 10 years later...

No it wont affect the fob coding at all, I have changed my a few times over the years and no issue at all just by a good quality battery as it lasts years. And take your time opening the fob and resealing it as they are an arm and a leg to replace.

Let us know you have sorted it out mate

KAA