205's front 195's rear ?

darkeh

hey guys, i'm up for 2 new tyres and with 195's being so rare and me cheap :D i was wondering if its kewl to run like 2 different size tyres

205/50/r16's on the front

and the 195/55/r16's on the back.

some person i was talking to today seemed to think this would totally stuff the handling of the car :unsure: but i was always under the impression that it wouldn't matter.

also can anybody recommand any good tyres for about $150 - $200 205/50's

cheers all,

andrew

I had 205/50 on the front and 195/55 on the rears. Nothing wrong with the handling. Salesman techniques to make u buy 4 new tyres. In your budget youre looking at a nice set of Toyo Proxes latest ones, just have a look at the toyo performance range like the transpath, also a very very good tire.

i just bought 2 new Sava Intensa 205/50 ($130) for the front and put the 2 best 195/55 on the rear.

The car does handle differently. You will notice the front feeling softer. and with the difference in wall height the back feels like its stepping out sometimes

Edited by Danthuyer

cracks me up when people want to skimp on tyres.

i guess it is a budget thing but i know a lot of people that spend $$$ on mods when the only part of the car that touches the road is the tyres if they don't perform/are safe then the rest of you car won't as simple as that.

just my two cents. silver sotne are good performing tyre for cheap as are falken xiex and avon. but check around cause some companys iomport more of one tyre son you might get azenis for like 150 or eage f1 for cheap it pays to do research also 4 might be cheaper

good luck

i would hardly call it skimping on tyres, 2 of my turanzas are perfectly fine so i don't see a point wasting money replacing them. and with the choice of 195's limited is the only reason for me wanting to change. enlighten me how thats skimping on tyres, not like i'm buying $20 retreads

i guess it is a budget thing but i know a lot of people that spend $$$ on mods when the only part of the car that touches the road is the tyres if they don't perform/are safe then the rest of you car won't as simple as that.

Remeber also that financial's can fluctuate for some people. Just because they are not advans or other 'brand' name tyres doesnt mean the person is being cheap! I would rather see people putting on $120 tyres then running on bald and dangerous tyres!!!!

There are plenty of quality replacements for people with a budget out there as you said. you just have to look B)

Edited by Danthuyer

Remeber also that financial's can fluctuate for some people. Just because they are not advans or other 'brand' name tyres doesnt mean the person is being cheap! I would rather see people putting on $120 tyres then running on bald and dangerous tyres!!!!

There are plenty of quality replacements for people with a budget out there as you said. you just have to look B)

I think it comes down to different approaches by different people.

I've only ever bought tyres in a set of 4, for two reasons, firstly, and this is probably psychological as much as anything, I like the feeling of balance having the same tyre in roughly the same condition on each corner. Secondly, I like the "visual balance", too.

Its only since coming on this forum that I've seen so many people that don't rotate their tyres very often or at all, which I used to think was unthinkable! But that's the beauty of these forums, you get to meet a cross-section of people all approaching the one goal from different, but no less correct, directions.

A lot of people are happy to run the tyres that came with the car, while others aspire to something better or just different. Just like some people will happily bop along to the factory CD player, while others will strip the car and turn it into a mobile jukebox!

Now, if only we could have a government who will seriously consider the widening gap between the "Have 4's" and the "Have just 2's". :P

As to stuffing up "stock" balance with different width tyres.. for sure.. but i have seen race set-ups for fwd hi-performance cars with much wider front tyres for the purpose of more traction (but note that its the same tyre make and pattern all round) so it all depends what you want to do with the car but for street use which requires best balance i still recommend similar tyres on all 4s if possible.. and regarding brands and makes etc. each to their own ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hey guys im almost due for new tyres... im currently running 215/35/18 but finding the ride abit rough as the roads around here arent very perfect...

i know some of you guys are running 205/40/17-18 ... is that the best size for the rolla?

Just after some decent tyres, not very expensive as im already broke.

If you guys can recommend the Brand, sizes and prices would be great.. !!

Thanx in advance members.

Regards John :)

Edited by gOODbOYz

Goodyear F1's 215/40/17 or 215/45/17. I get about 45 000km out of a set on the front of my Stivo. Great tyre in the wet and dry but when they're bald they make driving in the wet exciting. Prices vary depending who you buy from. I get my tyres at fleet prices.

Goodyear F1's 215/40/17 or 215/45/17. I get about 45 000km out of a set on the front of my Stivo. Great tyre in the wet and dry but when they're bald they make driving in the wet exciting. Prices vary depending who you buy from. I get my tyres at fleet prices.

I visited 3 tyre outlets and they all said i can only stick with 215/35.. :(

bc my car is lowered 50mm they said u can try 225/35 but it will most likely hit the guards.. 1 guy told me im better off dropping back to 17s :huh:

Do you reckon 215/40 would b alright??