Repairable Written Off Aurion Sport. SX6

fivese7en

Hey Guys - First Post + First Car :)

(Feel free to move the post if I posted in the wrong section)

I'm in the market for a Toyota Aurion Sportivo and have come across a few cars with repairable written off notice.

I have looked at 2 Aurion Sportivo's (all silver) and they're all repairable written off cars, and one with 69k on the ODO.

Price range is similar between $19k-$23k.

Any issues with repairable written off cars? Should I get it or wait for another one to show up?

Repairable Write Off:

Toyota Aurion Sportivo SX6 - Silver (2007)

ODO: 48,000Kms, Price: $19k

(This guy didn't tell me - spend $18 on history check)

Toyota Aurion Sportivo SX6 - Silver (2008)

ODO: 48,0001Kms, Price: $22k

(This one told me it was stolen, and the following parts were taken: front bumper and airbags oO"????? Nothing else...)

Not Repairable Write Off:

Toyota Aurion Sportivo SX6 - Silver (2007)

ODO: 69,0001Kms, Price: $23k

(High kms for the price tag is a bit of an issue - I guess)

Any advice would be nice - Live in Sydney, NSW if someone can find me a better deal ;)!

And would prefer a kind of blue or silver. Can't drive a TRD Aurion unfortunately, else I wouldn't have had this issue ;)!

No, for safety reasons a mild accident would be my limit.

For about $150 you can get a mechanical report with photos of underbody, etc.

I came to the thread expecting really low prices.

At those you can buy a normal 2nd Aurion.

You should get a report to filter out the flood damaged cars too.

Mate check around on carsales and you will find heaps of good Aurions in that price range. I wouldnt trust a car that has been written off and repaired you never know what has been done to it, but thats just my opinion. Good luck with it all :D

Definitely check on carsales or another site. Also try talking to a broker before buying. There is a guy in Brisbane who got me a 2006 BF falcon about 2 years ago from the auctions. I paid $9250 for the car plus the cost of the safety certificate as well as $350.00 for his personal fee. At the time these were going for up to $15-16 thousand. All checks were done through revs and I was given a 3 month warranty. He also said that he would return the car up to 7 days after the sale was completed just like any good dealer would. A broker has to be a registered dealer but they work without the overheads of the used car yards.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listings?region=australia&showAllLocations=false&includeSurroundingSuburbs=false&bookId=1&locationArea=m&referredBy=www.yellowpages.com.au&areaId=1054&surroundingSuburbsModifiedByUser=false&sessionId=C1DF56F207953371961456E83B1A2055.12&stateId=1&clue=vehicle+brokers&serviceAreaModifiedByUser=false&pageNumber=1&lruPageNumber=1&locationClue=Sydney+NSW&showAllCandidates=false&serviceArea=false&locationText=Greater+Sydney+NSW&searchMode=type&tmPageNumber=1&headingCode=30880&adPs=4582376

Edited by 01 VEY

basically for me it would come down to the extent of the original damage and the quality of the repairs.

Water damage write-offs can be salvaged by taking the effort to strip them down and dry them out and check for any rust or corrosion plus damage to electrics. More labor intensive than anything but if it's something you do yourself then supposing there's nothing wrong it can be a cheaper way into owning a nice car. If for example the damage was done by damage to complicated panels etc then it would take proper tools and experience to repair in which case I would question any repairs made if they were done cheaply.

Mate those are friggen ridiculous prices for written off SX6s. If they were less than $15k then maybe go for it. I bought my 2008 SX6 with 63,000 km on the odometer for $19,000 drive away from Toyota dealership (they were asking for $22,990 - I told em not a chance in hell and walked away then they called me back :whistling: ).

Edited by wushoes

Hey thanks for the replies. I have now ruled out both cars - they both had front damage, and some extensive damage that has been fixed and look like DJKORs previous car.

Wushoes where did you buy your car? I saw a Toyota dealer car in chatswood for $22990, 69k on odo.

Prices in Sydney NSW are just ridiculous - they're always $2-3k higher than in Melbourne with the same amount on odo.

I`ll try the Toyota dealer see if they can agree with $19k - if not I`ll have to continue my search.

I would love to have a TRD Aurion, they're priced around $30k with 30k on odo, unfortunately can't drive it legally - would have to wait for 2 years.

Thanks everyone will post once I have my Aurion ;)!

Would you be interested in a Zr6 silver with 35000klms ??? :whistling:

heres mine -- http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32241

make an offer..

+1 Buy this one...at least we know it's been very well looked after and has bugger all km's on it :D

+2 this would be a great buy and well looked after