Sportivo/Runx Muffler

I need to know if they are any performance mufflers that I can fit to the Sportivo or the RunX ( as I think the exhaust piping for both of these cars are the same ) and what are some of the names of the manufacturers for this type of product and where I can get them as I live in Barbados.

Hey,

before you get blasted by the guys to do a search on this topic (a search in this forum that is)

The Australian Sportivo exhaust piping is quite different to the Japanese spec RunX. As you can see by googling or even looking at the TRD site that the muffler for the Jap RunX is actually on the passenger-side and not like the aust spec. which is on the left.

In terms of performance, TRD mufflers will set you back $800~$1200 but are proven gains, as with Remus.

However, you can alway have other types of exhaust, like a full CES custom (look at the sticky on the top of this forum). Or simply any muffler that you can find and have it fitted.

Various members use different things, WeiWei has used a cannon (milo tin) or as Northy and Shaohoak will tell you, the "Sports Pipe" (i.e. no muffler) gives you the best run!! :D

haha~

Up to personal taste and the tone of the exhaust really... :)

Hey,

before you get blasted by the guys to do a search on this topic (a search in this forum that is)

The Australian Sportivo exhaust piping is quite different to the Japanese spec RunX. As you can see by googling or even looking at the TRD site that the muffler for the Jap RunX is actually on the passenger-side and not like the aust spec. which is on the left.

In terms of performance, TRD mufflers will set you back $800~$1200 but are proven gains, as with Remus.

However, you can alway have other types of exhaust, like a full CES custom (look at the sticky on the top of this forum). Or simply any muffler that you can find and have it fitted.

Various members use different things, WeiWei has used a cannon (milo tin) or as Northy and Shaohoak will tell you, the "Sports Pipe" (i.e. no muffler) gives you the best run!! :D

haha~

Up to personal taste and the tone of the exhaust really... :)

Don't you mean the Aust spec cars are on the right hand side and the Jap spec cars are on the left? Easy mistake LOL

Have you guys checked out the accessories page for the corolla on the AUS toyota website where it tells you can upgrade the exhaust? Is that the stock exhaust on the Corolla Sportivo already?

if you are talking about this

3663.jpg

its not the muffler off the sportivo, its just somthing bit more free flowing when compared to the stock one, MAP81 had one before he got hit catback system done. From what i remember it was not much louder then the stock one...

--muffler--

its not the muffler off the sportivo, its just somthing bit more free flowing when compared to the stock one, MAP81 had one before he got hit catback system done. From what i remember it was not much louder then the stock one...

I've been looking at this recently for my Ascent.

When you say it's not much louder than the stock one, do you mean the base model or the Sportivo?

Ahh okies thanks for that info.

Has anyone considering having dual exhaust? I would want to go for the look of the Accord Euro or Mazda RX8 exhaust look set up, looks real nice. Just two mid size exhaust tips. Not two fart cannons.

3663.jpg

That's the muffler I have.... it's a 2" inlet to approximately a 2" outlet.... sound-wise, it "growls" (that's the best way to describe it).... Northy is right on the money when he says it's not much louder than stock.... tone is lower and noise level at high rpms is just right....

Ahh okies thanks for that info.

Has anyone considering having dual exhaust? I would want to go for the look of the Accord Euro or Mazda RX8 exhaust look set up, looks real nice. Just two mid size exhaust tips. Not two fart cannons.

Not sure how much of this info is transferable from wagon to hatch, but I had my wagon hoisted up at an exhaust shop on Saturday morning with that exact plan in mind (my old man has a 6, so I've ogled his twin set up ever since he bought it).

In terms of having two mufflers, on the wagon, the spare is offset to the passenger side, so there's heaps of room for a muffler on the driver's side, but very little on the passenger side.

In terms of having the muffler located ahead of the rear axle, then two pipes off a y-joint, that's possible, but as has been mentioned once before on the forums, it stuffs up the exhaust flow due to having one straight, relatively short pipe and one bent, fairly long one.

Either way, unless I'm prepared to have a falsie welded in, my dream is over :( I'm not going to have a pipe just sitting there for the hell of it, for me it needs to work first, look good second.

and how did u come to that conclusion

when i had the stivo hoisted for wheel rotation, i had a good look underneath, and saw that the pipes from the extractors to the cat, and from the cat-back is much larger diameter to the cat. i picture it like a straw that is sqeezed. was just thinking, factory cats are normally more restrictive (less flow).

putting a higher flow cat would mean more exhaust flow, which means more power and marginally noiser. with higher flow cat, on the stivo would 1 experience reduced engine responsiveness at lower rpm? but gain more hp at higher rpm?

does anyone what the stivo's factory cat flow numbers are? e.g. ? CFM

tia :)