AT-X v Sportivo?

JG!

I'll be buying my Aurion in the next month or so.

I don't really wanna break the bank...

Most of the extras in the Sportivo and other models don't really interest me apart from a few minor ones.

The look of the AT-X doesn't really appeal to me... and considering all of the Aurion's have equal power. I thought why not buy an AT-X and suit it up to look like something more towards a Sportivo.

So I'm here to ask, who has changed the body kit on the AT-X.. What did you spend? How easy did you find getting the parts?... Do people think it's worth doing this over buying a Sportivo for an extra 6 or 7 grand?

I really like what I've seen with the Aurion so far and I've got around 12-15k to work with at the moment, I'll be do all the upgrades over the next 6 months after the purchase.

Welcome to TOCAU. All Aurions have the same power and safety features so if that's what you only want then AT-X will be more than enough.

The only things i can think of for the Sportivo having over the AT-X is a body kit, spoiler, 17" rims vs 16" steels, sportier looking steering wheel, better seats, stiffer suspension and blue illuminating tacho.

BTW which state are you in? There are some states which the Sportivo only cost a few K more then the AT-X. Not 6-7K

IMHO

Please don't read this in a negative tone... It might seem trollish on face value but I have no intent to be one.

If you are buying a run around and don't have the cash to splash for the extras that come with the Sporitivo (bodykit, seats, suspension and gadgets) then the Sportivo range isn't worth putting the extra cash down.

If you want a sporty car buy a sporty car.

If you think your gonna come across more money in the near future then I'd opt for a cheaper car to get by then go for what you really want when you can afford it.

With the budget you set out I would buy either a Sportivo Corolla or ATX Aurion and add tasteful mods.

guess you just need to ask yourself what you really want from the car and what are some must have features that exist in your current car that your next one need to have also? There is a fair few differences between the AT-X and Sportivo especially when you talk ZR6. But the basic powertrain and safety package is the same across the range it’s just the amount of fruit your used too or would like that will along with your wallet make the final decision lol.

Yeah. Thanks.

I'm in WA.

From what I've seen an 06-07 AT-X is 12k+, the Sportivo SX6 is 18k+, ZR6 is 22+.

I'm thinking I'll go for an AT-X and upgrade body kit, spoiler, rims, etc.

Anyone had much previous experience with changing body kits etc?.... What sort of prices did you end up paying roughly?

I've had a look at some of the upgrades listed on these forums, but I'm sure the website doesn't state the complete full prices.

After watching the market for 12 months, I recently purchased a ATX Aurion 2008 model 38k on the odometer in Perth for $17400 from Manheim Fowles Auctions - ex Govt car in good nick. Couldn't have picked better. Looked at a Sportivo for 21.5k - same year and k's but couldn't justify the extra cash. If you can get an 06-07 with reasonable miles for around $12k in good nick buy it as you have done very well. I have noticed a few QLD flood damage repaired cars turning up of late, so make sure it has the books with it and if from QLD steer clear. Also check the written off vehicle register, as a few repaired cars ex the Perth storms are coming back on the market - and appear a bargain but beware..

To add a couple of things that I have in my other cars, not in the ATX and miss -

1) Climate control

2) Fuel eco guage - distance to empty

3) Seats are OK but not as comfortable as sports seats in my other cars

also

1) the electric driver's seat is slow

2) the boot light is dim

But on saying that in $ for $ terms it is excellent value and I am extremely happy with the ATX. The thing I thought I'd miss were the alloys, but not having to get on my hands and knees with a toothbrush and clean every week is an added bonus.

Edited by petepjs

Hi everyone!

Personally, I love the Sportivos and as soon as I can, I´ll get me one.

But getting into the Toyota web page to see the model range, in the comparison between the At-x and the Sportivos, there are a lot of things that are in the sportivos like,

- 17'' alloy rims

- Body kit

- the 2 zone climate control

- Leather (in the ZR6)

- Sport seats

- CD Changer

- Alternate suspension.

My thinking is, all these stuff, isn't worthy the extra money? I prefer getting a car with factory gadgets, than buying aftermarket accesories.

Cheers

AB

comparisonn.jpg

Edited by Hikaru Sorano

^ That only applies to the facelift. If you are in the market for a second hand Aurion, the differences between the pre-facelift AT-X and Sportivo is not as large as the difference between the two same variants of the facelift.

As for whether one thinks it is worth the extra money or not, that's all a matter of personal opinion. All up, it works out more cost efficient to buy the car with the extras than to upgrade it to that level yourself, but the point here is whether or not those extras are of value to you. Everyone differs in their preferences. For example, I find the total Sportivo package to be worth the extra money spent on it because I like the seats and the body kit and would rather not spend to get a custom kit.

Yes, so true. Also may be a good option to go for the AT-X if you want to upgrade it but following your own style and taste.

For now I only can speak of it so I'll keep on dreaming of it...:unsure:

Cheers!

AB

Ive just been through the highs and lows of adding features to the 09 ATX..... BUY SPORTIVO and you wont have regrets.... long term you will save, where in WA are you as my mate works at toyota and i can ask him to get you a good deal (on new car sale)

side note - Spoiler alone will set you back around $1300 for a genuine and its a F*ck around if the dealership dosen't know what there doing like they did when i bought mine 2 months ago...

I can get a TRD front bumper (with fog lights and TRD grill) and front spoiler (all genuine Toyota parts) for $1830 fitted and painted.

However I don't think a TRD bumper will look right on an AT-X with just stock AT-X Sideskirts?

Anyone had experience with this?

Edited by JG!

I can get a TRD front bumper (with fog lights and TRD grill) and front spoiler (all genuine Toyota parts) for $1830 fitted and painted.

However I don't think a TRD bumper will look right on an AT-X with just stock AT-X Sideskirts?

excuse me, but WHAT?! Please show us a scanned quote showing that pricing

I have connections haha.

The question is... is it worth it. Something tells me it's not gonna look right on an AT-X without dif side skirts... and If side skirts are changed might as well go for entire body-kit.

That's gonna be 4k + all up so... I dunno.

+1 million.

If you are going to go with a bodykit please go with the full kit. Front, side and back. Just having the front only will make you look like a fag. I see plenty of these front bumper mods only with old falcodores. People trying to make their stock car look like FPVs and HSVs

Edited by A Buff Hamster

The TRD doesn't have a front spoiler as well. Something doesn't seem right here.

maybe he meant rear spoiler? I just assumed.

I could go for just get a grill + fog lights in the stock AT-X front bumper.

and yeah true, I know what you mean BuffHamster about the commodores.

seems you have your heart set on some sort of bodykit...IMO just buy a Sportivo (bodykit supplied) and mod that and forget about the ATX.

why waste your hard earn putting a kit on an ATX when there are plenty of Sportivos available and the money you save on the kit can go towards other mods,and if it's the price of the Sportivo thats putting you off once you paint and fit a kit for the ATX the money you spent would go a long way to reaching the Sportivo pricing.

and if your worried about how an ATX can look once modded without a bodykit...don't,the ole standard body ATX scrubs up ok. :D

Consider the resale value of the vehicle as well.

A prospective buyer later on down the track will pay the extra for an unmodified vehicle which comes standard with spoilers etc than what they will for a base model dressed up as a look alike.

If it's the extra $$$ that's putting you off a Sportivo, then why don't you simply delay your purchase by 6 months and get what you really want when you have the a available funds.

Sportyness aside, the Sportivo's do appear to be classier looking IMO, however at the end of the day it's your own requirements that you need to satisfy, so simply buy what suits your needs, if it's an AT-X then that's what you ought to look at.

Why not have a look at Touring then. Dual climate control, towbar, soiler, parking sensors, nice instrument cluster, fog lights and trip computer. It should be cheaper than sportivo and only little bit more expensive than artx. Anyway have a look around.

Why not have a look at Touring then. Dual climate control, towbar, soiler, parking sensors, nice instrument cluster, fog lights and trip computer. It should be cheaper than sportivo and only little bit more expensive than artx. Anyway have a look around.

As funny as it sounds the Touring is more expensive than Sportivo. Don't ask me how and why. :blink:

yeah a mate of mine has the touring. after doing some more research on pricing, I'm leaning towards AT-X and upgrade grill, fog lights etc. Don't want to spend too much cash not matter how long the time period is over.

Thanks for your input people.

I have started with a standard ATX and have fitted a sportivo body kit onto it.. i am satisfied with my upgrades to the car, however if i were to do it all over again, i would simply buy a sportivo (or TRD if the opportunity came along B) )

in the fitting body kit part of things... you'll find that the sportivo front and rear skirts, along with all the brackets and clips) is pretty well priced, even more so for the pre facelift skirtings.. HOWEVER. the cost comes in through the side skirts.. i was quoted around the $600.00 mark for 2 side skirts with their supporting brace.. this made me go aftermarket to source my side skirts which im happy with. just be aware that side skirts will end up being the most expensive part of the sportivo body kit upgrade.

in terms of is it worth buying a sportivo over a ATX.. both sides have good arguments. if it were me, as stated, i would of gone for the sportivo/trd from the get go..

glad to see your in WA too! if your local in Perth, make sure you keep an eye out for when we have our meet ups!

Yeah. Thanks.

I'm in WA.

From what I've seen an 06-07 AT-X is 12k+, the Sportivo SX6 is 18k+, ZR6 is 22+.

I'm thinking I'll go for an AT-X and upgrade body kit, spoiler, rims, etc.

Anyone had much previous experience with changing body kits etc?.... What sort of prices did you end up paying roughly?

I've had a look at some of the upgrades listed on these forums, but I'm sure the website doesn't state the complete full prices.

For anything older than 2010 model, there aren't bluetooth, auto wipers, etc.

Upgrade from AT-X to SX6

17" Rims, Sports seats, upgraded tacho, stiffer (supposedly sports) suspension, body kit, spoiler. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, sportivos have different tail & headlamps?

Upgrade from SX6 to ZR6

Leather sports seats, keyless engine start (which is pretty sweet!), dual zone aircon (rather useless. I have NEVER touched it) & front passenger seat is electronic as well.

The newer aurions with 'AURION' above the front wheel have alot more features. Built in bluetooth, reverse cameras, rain-sensing wipers, etc. But for 45k, I'd rather go for a 2nd hand Audi or BMW. Just sayin!