Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Got quoted $300 from Toyotsrus. In black too. Just need too see the condition.

Thought I'd add a photo of the coils... wanted to start straying away from the bulls!t that happened...

coiloversq.jpg

love these babies.. regardless of the stiffer dampening.

better not go through insurance. just get a cash job after a while. rear bumper will not rust and if u can bear to look at it for a while. becuz in the long run, insurance premium will go up and it will actually end up costing u more than if u were to pay out cash to fix/replace it.

Hahaha easier said than done buddy. And I think the potholes in the roads to Sydney may take their toll on my ride now with the moar low.

How are the roads to sydney anyway bro?

I may have to make the trip to sydney by end of year.

Painnn huey.. sorry to hear mate. Goodwork on the coils.. i think its time i finally join the coil ranks... hehe

+1

How are the roads to sydney anyway bro?

I may have to make the trip to sydney by end of year.

i barely got by...lol let alone im not on coils yet.....just gotta be real careful at the roadworks before holbrook...that was nasty

That bad huh? Might pack the stockies on and carry the SSRs in the car for the trip eh

the drive from syd te melb is whats going to kill ya....so many hidden potholes especially in the wet :angry:

Painnn huey.. sorry to hear mate. Goodwork on the coils.. i think its time i finally join the coil ranks... hehe

yeah, thanks man.. was the ****storm that fk'ed up my already fk'ed up week...

hit up the coils man, you won't regret it. I still need to learn how to angle properly though.. Doncaster shopping centre last week with the missus.. top carpark.. that was fk'ed.

you still getting new exhaust?

That bad huh? Might pack the stockies on and carry the SSRs in the car for the trip eh

the drive from syd te melb is whats going to kill ya....so many hidden potholes especially in the wet :angry:

looks like I won't be making a trip up to sydney any time soon :X

Anyways... so I bought a new rear bumper for $275 (minus the reflector lights and stock diffuser)... so now I need to get it sanded down to get rid of any of the imperfections (scratches and marks etc.) and get it sprayed.. anyone know of a good place in Melbourne to get this done? hopefully some place that is open weekends, as it's going to be hard for me to get out during weekdays.

Also, should it be easy for me to transfer the stock diffuser and reflector lights from my current bumper to the new one after i've gotten it sanded and sprayed?

hahaha dutchie, i was actually looking at these a few moments ago ;)

I wouldn't mind going the smoked ones.. but would probably attract attention from the po-po wouldn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150539811109&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en -- do want.. as you can tell I'm chasing more stealth points.

yeah, thanks man.. was the ****storm that fk'ed up my already fk'ed up week...

hit up the coils man, you won't regret it. I still need to learn how to angle properly though.. Doncaster shopping centre last week with the missus.. top carpark.. that was fk'ed.

you still getting new exhaust?

looks like I won't be making a trip up to sydney any time soon :X

Anyways... so I bought a new rear bumper for $275 (minus the reflector lights and stock diffuser)... so now I need to get it sanded down to get rid of any of the imperfections (scratches and marks etc.) and get it sprayed.. anyone know of a good place in Melbourne to get this done? hopefully some place that is open weekends, as it's going to be hard for me to get out during weekdays.

Also, should it be easy for me to transfer the stock diffuser and reflector lights from my current bumper to the new one after i've gotten it sanded and sprayed?

Uhmm, you can try my beater, he is sometimes open on the weekend depending on his work, pm me your number, so I can message you his number then you can ask him questions and that,

Yep, DT panels are good, very busy as well though.

If not there's also primal garage in west footscray.

I say you're looking at roughly 300 for a bumper respray, no more than that.

Thanks pezzie. Would that guestimate include all the prep work too (sanding and priming etc)?

primal garage and dt panels - out of experience which one is more bang for buck? And do either of them generally do discounts for cash payments?