Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

know i'm gonna get some haters here, but, just for a bit of fun as my car isn't all about serious modding and performance lol

(apologies in advance for the sh!thouse photos indoors with poor lighting.. lol)

33000010150299117163027.jpg

32218610150299119443027.jpg

wonder how long until piggy gets kidnapped..

img0243pa.jpg

img0245xn.jpg

now I gotta find out what I gotta do with all these parts lol.. I know the gaskets with the hole in them are to go where the screw holes are so that it keeps water out, but what about that long gasket strip thingy? hmmm, noob moment strikes again.

img0238qy.jpg

hahah Huey ya baller, "stop modding" my a$!!

LOL I did, for a bit... I'm not modding with highroller gear like you Vinh :P *cough* modellista front lip.

lol Juvie, I'll get around to better photos when the rear spoiler gets installed on Monday.

haha, no pressure, I like it, I like it alot :toast:

LOL. Still no good outdoor photos yet apart this one outside the apartment parking lot :P (Before the larger spoiler installed)

img0231pw.jpg

Anyways... got the rear spoiler installed. Reckon the sharkfin looks much better with the larger roof spoiler because the larger one protrudes upwards on an angle (*lol*)

img0262nn.jpg

img0264ola.jpg

Oh and I was contemplating rollin' around like this too. LOL...

img0261xb.jpg

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

jump on that link and go to Owner > Accessory installation manual > Choose 'Auris' > Generation 10/06 > Roof Spoiler

There's a PDF file that shows you how to install the roof spoiler.

you roll the mods in quick!

That link is good, you can buy the electrical diagram as well, and there are lots of goodies, as well as rear mud flaps

You can pay $3 for 1 hour subscription to download whatever you need on some menu, including the ECU diagram, I think there is someone asking for Sportivo ECU diagram, might worth a try

and that spoiler, cool

Edited by ben yip

Thanks guys.

I have something coming that I've been wanting to get for a while now.... ;)

Is it that link i posted last night :P

Also off topic but I brought something for mine should arrive next week :D

Thanks guys.

Yezzirr! Thanks for that man. Had to snap it up!

Ooo what did u get buddy? Do tell!

Dropped the sideskirts in this morning to get painted, anticipating to have them done by tomorrow at the earliest, but got finished today at lunch time. Picked them up and they're all good :) now I need to figure out how to fit them on to my car

Oh an clif, I'll get around to that later lol. Want to finish bodying up my car first :)

'underneath ur car there's a black piece of plastics that needs to come off first and it will have about 4 holes ? (not sure how many no more and there is 4 plugs that comes with it). Then once thats off u then get ur sideskirt and mount it on using the 4 black plugs to go back in the original place. Also use double sided tape to stick it on. Make sure its clean and has nodirt otherwise its not gonna stick properly. Hope that helps abit lol as i did it ages ago and kinda so so on the memories'

Master.Cuong gave me those tips a while back on installing the side skirts.

Please take photos when you do the installation, i want to see how you put them on since i'll need to do that later this year. :D

Just give me your camera Pete (dwee) ;)

Lol thanks Pete (pezzie). I saw the plugs under my car, but how do I go about removing them? Flathead and some muscles? The guy I bought the skirts from gave me his extra ones he bought (about 8 of them) and I can also use some of the existing ones too if needed.

I heard there's some screws too that I need to do too in the front wheel arch and that some ppl drilled a hole in the rear wheel arch to secure at the back? Hmm don't feel comfortable drilling into the rear wheel arch.

Anyways I picked up the skirts from the painters and unfortunately the rubber seals that were on the skirts could not be saved during the ovening process. I didn't want to wait to order them from Toyota (for a ridiculous price too) so I bought some weather stripping foam rubber tape from Autobarn (same stuff i used for the rear spoiler) and DIY'ed the seals myself. Pretty much does the same thing.

img0289wi.jpg

img0290sn.jpg

Lol thanks Pete (pezzie). I saw the plugs under my car, but how do I go about removing them? Flathead and some muscles?

if it was johnnieboi. muscles for sure... :lol: i've seen him rip stuff from under his car that actually scared me :P

Lol thanks Pete (pezzie). I saw the plugs under my car, but how do I go about removing them? Flathead and some muscles?

if it was johnnieboi. muscles for sure... :lol: i've seen him rip stuff from under his car that actually scared me :P

It's all calm and composure when it comes to my car. Gotta be gentle with her. I leave the muscles for the gym.

Thanks guys.

Yezzirr! Thanks for that man. Had to snap it up!

Ooo what did u get buddy? Do tell!

Well not getting it anymore the ebay seller gave me a full refund said it had a chip in it, but I think it was the low $30 postage fee that he under qouted. Anyways it was a Toyota Auris Rear Skirt.

damn man that sux. rear skirt would have been sick!

anyways.. got the sideskirts fitted in but now i got the problem with the skirts not holding completely. i know some ascent owners who have fitted sideskirts on successfully have drilled holes in to the rear wheel arcs but would then require the removal of the 2 rear wheels. is there any other way to get them to mount and sit more flush without the need to drill any holes?

the guy i bought the skirts from said he used rivets, but i assume that would also require drilling holes? 3M dbl sided tape doesnt seem to help..

edit: this is how it's looking at the moment - you can see the side towards the back, the skirts aren't sitting flush at all due to the ascent not having the clippings on the car as the levins do.

img0307ze.jpg

img0293yh.jpg