Squish's Aurion

Squish

Yep i have used plasti dip, mines been on for over a year!!

i got a guy who supplies em near your place too! Pm me if you need(we might know the same guy :P)

Ooh awesome thats good to know that its durable. No problems when washing the car or anything?

The guys i found, I found them through ebay, They are called Caswell Australia? The guys' names are Paul and Marcus?

Are they the same people you know?

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=190749063793

oh wow they finally set up an ebay store ! Yeah i know Paul, same company hahas

and nope, no problems when washing, even on wheels ;)

Going to use this Plasti dip stuff to black out the emblems, has anyone heard of it or used it before?

LOL yup ive used it, cheap and nasty. that poor guy prolly spent more time taping up then it would have taken to remove the emblem and paint it proper.

For the tail lights ......... Deff Darker ftw ! :toast:

Ahaha true, looked like some intense taping. Its the same with tinting the lights though. Took me longer to tape around the lights than to spray them.

Speaking of the lights I think I am going to go with the lighter one actually, because it makes me feel better, atm I keep thinking i'm going to get rear ended :wacko: lol. Although i have driven with my lights like this for about 4 days....

Might get my mum to drive the car while i follow behind in hers and see how bright my lights are. Might end up keeping them if they aren't too bad.

As for the badges, I am a chicken and im lazy, (cbf taking the badges off, cleaning, painting and putting new adhesive on them and sticking them back on and I'm scared I might not like black badges so with plati dip it is reversible. I'll give it a try, if I don't like it or It does work I shall paint the badges properly.

Yep i have used plasti dip, mines been on for over a year!!

i got a guy who supplies em near your place too! Pm me if you need(we might know the same guy :P)

Ooh awesome thats good to know that its durable. No problems when washing the car or anything?

The guys i found, I found them through ebay, They are called Caswell Australia? The guys' names are Paul and Marcus?

Are they the same people you know?

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=190749063793

oh wow they finally set up an ebay store ! Yeah i know Paul, same company hahas

and nope, no problems when washing, even on wheels ;)

Yeah they have an eBay store! I will be meeting them on Monday I think. :clap:

I will also enquire about get the Aurion lowered on Monday too, how long it will take to get it done and how much it will set me back :g:

Omg! you painted your lights?

i would never "paint" my lights , i thought you covered them with a tint film?

I do see it all the time, ppl with tinted lights using stock bulbs. always looks a bit sad and patchy.

The only reason i was even game enuf to tint mine was because of the intensity of the LED rings i put in and the fact they sit virtually against the lense, Even then i worry about daytime driving, not cause they arn't bright enuf but picky cops doing their jobs.

That all being said, i think the whole painted light look is a bit dodgy and prolly as much as any tinted light could proly void your insurance if some one was to run up your rear end.

Let me know how you go removing plastidip lightly sprayed on your lights, keen to know.

Omg! you painted your lights?

i would never "paint" my lights , i thought you covered them with a tint film?

I do see it all the time, ppl with tinted lights using stock bulbs. always looks a bit sad and patchy.

The only reason i was even game enuf to tint mine was because of the intensity of the LED rings i put in and the fact they sit virtually against the lense, Even then i worry about daytime driving, not cause they arn't bright enuf but picky cops doing their jobs.

That all being said, i think the whole painted light look is a bit dodgy and prolly as much as any tinted light could proly void your insurance if some one was to run up your rear end.

Let me know how you go removing plastidip lightly sprayed on your lights, keen to know.

:/ Yeah i sprayed them...but not with plasti dip, with Nite Shades(VHT). I tried tint film several times last weekend but i could not get it right. The sides worked but I couldn't get the curved part right, kept getting bubbles and the film I had wasn't strechy (It was cheap) despite how much i heated it, it just burnt. So I gave up on tint and decided to use Nite Shades. But yeah I'll play around with this a bit and see, if it can't get a nice shade that I fell safe with ill just clean it off and stay stock.

Yer i know that feeling with the tint, i ended up taking mine to a pro,

just watched a few tube vids to check the vht stuff out, looks ok, i think the secret to it looking good is to chop and buff polish your end job,

Removing it looks like even more fun!

Yer i know that feeling with the tint, i ended up taking mine to a pro,

just watched a few tube vids to check the vht stuff out, looks ok, i think the secret to it looking good is to chop and buff polish your end job,

Removing it looks like even more fun!

Hahaha yeah man the makers of the Aurion have made everything so freaking hard!

I've got a packet of LED bulbs waiting to be put in, but i havent figured out how to replace the ones in the doors.

Figured the rear number plate lights yesterday, they weren't too hard, but the parkers, you have to do from under the wheel arch right? :'(

• 2 weeks later...

We can now cross lowering off the wishlist. Got the Aurion lowered last weekend. It is now on Pedders springs, one inch lower than before, I'm pretty happy and comfy at this height. :)

aurion.jpg%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us"]http://aurion.jpg

more pics coming, but I have to go to work now, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

ok here's some more pics. Of the lowering and the plasti dipping, sorry about the delay. Let me know what you all think :)

img2631s.jpg

img2638u.jpg

img2680fa.jpg

img2689n.jpg

img2690lm.jpg

img2825dk.jpg

Also been thinking about getting rid of the aurion and sportivo badges and just having the toyota emblem?

Take or leave the badges on the doors?

Edited by Squish

• 4 weeks later...

Looking very good! the ped's always seem to sit a bit higher then the kings.

I'll never have to worry about what colour to paint that stupid boot badge ever again thank god! what is toyota thinking.....

• 4 weeks later...

Looking very good! the ped's always seem to sit a bit higher then the kings.

I'll never have to worry about what colour to paint that stupid boot badge ever again thank god! what is toyota thinking.....

Haha ... Thanks Defyant :]

nice man, where abouts in melb are ya?

Hey mate, I live just past Werribee, Wyndham Vale.

i knew ive seen your car somewhere in the westside !

I remember you told me you live in Derrimut so I always keep an eye out for you when I'm in the area, but can't say ive spotted you yet, but yeah you might have spotted me, I go to St Albans, Kings Park areas to visit my grandparents and cousins everynow and then and I go all over the western suburbs for work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow its been a while!

Looks good. In my opinion, lose the tinted taillights and plastidipped badges. It makes the car look cheap. Aurions came from factory looking mean already

Yeah i kind of got bored of the tinted taillights too i replaced them with normal ones again.

debadged the 'aurion' and sportivo' badges from the boot, just has the toyota emblem now.

Also got my exhaust done recently, got a 2 and 1/4 inch sports exhaust with redback mufflers and twin chrome tips on each side.

Also thinking of changing wheels.

Will post pics soon, just having trouble remembering my imageshack password, since its been a while :(

• 1 month later...

Okay guys here are some new pics of my car and exhaust tips after a wash.... also you can see i got eyelids, debadged the aurion and sx6 badges at the back and changed my taillights over, but to normal colour, took the tinted ones off.

ba2k.jpg
qrx9.jpgye23.jpg

yl3.JPG

Edited by Squish

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :)

Was thinking of getting wheels like these, what do you guys think of them? Reckon they'd look better on the blue aurion than the wheels i got now?

3fda.jpg

rrot.jpg

Edited by Squish

Also went to a HWY meet yesterday, my car wasnt entered in the show, but these were a couple pics taken in the car park and as I was leaving. Also there was this other Aurion there, is that car from here?

5uoq.jpg

o4ry.jpg