Turbonator????

nah i dont know its only $70 and with a garunteed money back deal i dont see why giving it a go would be such a bad idea plus it wouldnt take much to remove if you needed to claim somethng under warranty

so if its a strap on 35kw for $70 cant go wrong i reckon but i would recomend looking more into it cus they didnt mention any of the bad things that can happen (lol who would when there trying to sell something)

also it has 8 magazine titles covering it i see too but i only recognise 3 of the titles

Read about these things and I put them in the same thing as the energy polariser,magnets on your fuel line to change the polarity of the fuel molecules etc etc. A lot of people looking to make a quick buck me thinks....

yeah i i sorta figured the money back thing may have been U.S only but i guess only 1 person has gotta try it out then they can tell the rest of us i think its only $70 and for the chance at maybe picking up anywhere from 15-35kw (so they claim) at the wheels thats a pretty awesome price me thinks

i am considering giving it a go i guess maybe im still thinking about it

you're a complete fool if you give these guys your cash for a cut up coke can. You might aswell also purchase a surbo while you're at it.

I can't find the webpage with the guys results from back-to-back dynotesting of these ripoff's, but he lost power consistantly through the range from the intake restriction they produce.

Edited by rollamods

You might aswell also purchase a surbo while you're at it.

HAHAHAHA!!

:D

SHAO!! you can have a say on this one!! was this the type of stuff you were telling me about the singapore forum dudes are hyped about?! :D

Edited by pippy

SHAO!! you can have a say on this one!! was this the type of stuff you were telling me about the singapore forum dudes are hyped about?! :D

Dude, In the singapore forums they have this little "electric turbo" that hooks into the intake pipe and the powered by the battery... essentially hook up a little electric fan into the intake pipe.. cute

• 2 weeks later...

yeah but i think that the fan inside the CAI pipe will make a significant difference for only a couple of dollars it destroys the whole restriction problem cus its just being forced in so i dont really see why its such a joke

its gotta be better than just having a pipe with a pod free flowing now its being forced

as for buying a turbo while im at it getting a $140 fan fitted for a half decent responsive gain

is alot cheaper than going a $10,000 custom turbo kit

besides i wanna stay N/A so every little bit helps doesnt it

when it gets to the stage where you have done everything you can to get power and its all N/A and you fall say 5kw short of your goal then i bet that fan inside the CAI will get you probably about 5kw

im not saying its awesome or nothing but when putting power in an N/A car everything helps that little bit

EDIT

yes i know i have used the words forced and N/A key comment using the fan as a form of forced induction but i dont think it can really be counted as a NON N/A part

i think anyways

Edited by evl_50a

Its tough to find a fan that will generate the pressure diff that will make it worthwhile and still run from the batt or straight from the alternator.

Still I'm thinking about it and would love suggestions towards making a prototype inpipe blower.

yeh i think the sucking from a TRD CAI would break the fan :P but about the 'turbonator' i think its a scam, it sounds like it could improve fuel efficiency, but i don't see how it can produce any power gains, its like this dodgy resistors they're selling off ebay, they apparently do something to the ecu or something and its $20 hehe

Yeah dont want to sound like a ****** or anything, but this made me laugh guys.

A fan inside your intake pipe? You guys are aware that the engine by nature sucks in air? it does not need a fan to 'push' air in - this is the "induction" noise you get from an air intake, it is just the vacuum of air going through the filter.

And hells no it is not classified as forced induction, it is nothing like recycling exhaust gases and spooling up air pressure or using compressed air to drive a pulley.

Too much rice factor here guys, these dodgy contraptions do not do a pinch of shiznet. Dont get sucked in and (not that i am a pro, quite the newb actually) its an idea to get a good understanding of how engines work and forced induction on a technical level before digging into your pocket and forking out for dodgy mods, that way you know what is complete crap and what is the real deal.

Good show mintos!

But it from a theoritical point of view (too much unpracticed engineering here) it is highly possible to create a small pressure difference with in the intake that will enable faster airflow.

(and the answer may not lie in an inline fan, i'm still pondering it)

but the problem is that without building this sucker from scratch and cutomizing a control system for it based on speed and engine output (revs) it will only benefit the engine for a very narrow speed and rpm range.

And then deciding whether or not this is feasible, and at the end of the day, its just a bit of fun for a project.

, and at the end of the day, its just a bit of fun for a project.

exactly i havent claimed that in doing so it WILL or WILL NOT give me any gaines i was just saying the price isnt gonna brake the bank so i might as well give it a go

who knows it might work wonders and i might just get what it claims to give then ill be 35kw ahead of you all hehe :D

Would you send me $70 if I promised to up your power by 35kW?

Seriously guys, this sh*t was covered before (search for the thread, I cbf'd), including an in depth analysis of the engineering and fluid dynamics principles involved. But, at the end of the day it's a free country and if you want to waste your time and money, then I support you 100%

Edited by oz_viking