Dome light doesn't turn on when doors are open

So my dome light doesn't turn on (while switch is on the DOOR position) when my doors open. It turns on fine if I flick the switch to ON. The door terminal buttons whatever you call them don't seem stuck as when I have them open I have the "door" light on the dashboard turn on

I'm guessing deteriorated internal wiring somewhere?

It's a 1998 rolla..

thanks

So my dome light doesn't turn on (while switch is on the DOOR position) when my doors open. It turns on fine if I flick the switch to ON. The door terminal buttons whatever you call them don't seem stuck as when I have them open I have the "door" light on the dashboard turn on

It's a 1998 rolla..

thanks

Try checking the wiring/contacts at the dome light itself, you only need to pop the cover off and undo one or two screws to pull the unit out. I had similar issues with my 102, the switch wasn't making clean connection with the contacts and thus wasn't turning on reliably.

It's a 1998 rolla..

thanks

Try checking the wiring/contacts at the dome light itself, you only need to pop the cover off and undo one or two screws to pull the unit out. I had similar issues with my 102, the switch wasn't making clean connection with the contacts and thus wasn't turning on reliably.

thanks for that, sounds promising, will check during the day

the annoying thing is the car is in darkness, when i got the car the boot light console was also taken out...

sigh

My boot light also has a mind of it's own, turning on sometimes and just leaving me in the darkness sometimes.