Toyota better get their sh!t together

Ill have to check if it is or not, but i swear theres one of those Renaults down in my carpark.... cant decide if i like it or not.

As for Kia/Hyundai - they seem to take massive styling ques from notable car brands. 'Nuff said.

Hyundai and Kia are coming in a VERY big way... right now they are making some very desirable cars. Give it 5 years and i think they will one of the biggest 3 auto makers in the world..

++

Maybe they will as Japan might have been set back a heap with the melt down over there, I suspect that they will glow in the dark now, as do all things from there now

... you really have no idea about the nuclear situation in japan...

I'm seeing a tonne of dog ugly cars and a hell of a lot of s**t being spoken here, you don't like Toyota's, don't buy one or sell the one you have. Simple. :D

Speaking of "talking sh!t", If that's your car in the photo, you really aren't in any position to call any of those cars dog ugly, mate. lol

I love Toyota's reliability but that doesn't mean I'm blind. Toyota cars are so fkin boring noone would look at them twice and they'll forget about them just as quick. No huge rims and low profile tyres are gonna make them look any less boring either.

Only a few Toyotas are good looking but they're either not available here or they've been discontinued.

I will sell mine actually, just not right now. I'll lose too much money at such a low Ks. That'll also give Toyota a bit of chance to come up with a proper hot hatch, or I'll trade my car in for another brand.

I'm seeing a tonne of dog ugly cars and a hell of a lot of s**t being spoken here, you don't like Toyota's, don't buy one or sell the one you have. Simple. :D

Speaking of "talking sh!t", If that's your car in the photo, you really aren't in any position to call any of those cars dog ugly, mate. lol

That's a bit personal don't you think. We are all entitled to our opinions... some of which we should keep to ourselves.

Stay on topic or this will get locked.

That's a bit personal don't you think. We are all entitled to our opinions... some of which we should keep to ourselves.

Stay on topic or this will get locked.

Saying I talk sh!t is a bit personal too don't you think?

But alright, I sincerely apologise. I used to own a V6 camry conquest so that car has a soft spot in my heart. I didn't really mean what I said. So once again I'm sorry.

Saying I talk sh!t is a bit personal too don't you think?

That wasn't directed at you, but at the general vibe of the thread. Sometimes you need to think of the entire thread content and not just yourself.

On topic, at the end of the day, it seems apparent that it's not solely their design that is keeping Toyota in the market. At the end of the day, Toyota seem to be catering for their target market and if this is what keeps them going, they will probably continue to do what their doing.

Time will tell whether this will affect their sales or not to the point where they need to re-think their design, but not everyone is after a sporty car.

:o Woah, P_T, personal attacks, ease up champ. I made no reference to YOU or YOUR CAR, I'm sure YOUR Corolla is a very nice car. I don't know how much more light hearted I could get, but anyways since you have a problem with me and my car I will leave it there. B)

After seeing and sitting in the current Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Honda Civic and Holden Cruze at a market research on the weekend I have to say that out of the 5 I would only buy the 3 or the Corolla.

I gave the Civic the worse ratings out of the lot for various reason and the market research ended up being about the Civic.

If there is one thing I took away from the research it is all of them except Toyota seem to be trying to appeal to consumers with gadgets and a million buttons all over the dash and steering wheel. Although the Corolla wasn't the sportiest it was the simplest interior.

My biggest dislike about the Corolla was the ugly orange dash lights.

I know not everyone is looking for a sporty car. All the cars that I mentioned above have a standard version, but the thing is, Toyota has no hot version for their standard cars, at least not in Australia like that Vitz RS someone mentioned earlier.

Just look at their hatch/sedan offering. Corollas are all 100kW from the Ascent to Levin ZR, and the Ultima sedan only has 2kW extra. The Camrys are all 117kW, even the so called Sportivo.

And practical reliable cars don't have to look average either. A little bit of flair and style to go with that legendary reliability will make Toyota more desirable don't you think?

Yes nice to have a nice looking car also--but I guess what one finds attractive another might not, ie I don't like fast back cars and never have--others love them. I guess as long as a car is reliable --comfortable--and economical and doesn't look too darn ugly it will sell.

I guess it comes down to what you define as 'hot' and 'sporty'. any stock car would never get my attention on the road unless it was a Lamborghini or lotus etc. however once a car is modified with good taste then I reckon that's hot. just check out juvenile, dutchie and le.vinh.zr's Rolla's, private's camry and davo's aurion, they're all hot! :D

if you want a sporty fast car than toyota cars aren't in the right market for you. I say this because most of their cars have no grunt, but at that cost, they are super reliable and perfectly fine for everyday driving. who needs a 300kw daily when fuel is expensive and there's speed limits on our roads.

In the end it's up to you so save up for a car that meets your needs, and if you don't like something about the car, go and modify it until you're happy with it :D

i like the steady as she go's toyota styleways....call me oldfashioned ( what the f... just old!).

an injection of brighter paint jobs would go a little way to improve an already outstanding presence in the oz market place imo.

the old golds n greens still look fantastic if looked after.

cheers cam :D

ps i will most likely get another toyota when time comes in a few years

My biggest dislike about the Corolla was the ugly orange dash lights.

Mine is the stupid cup holder location, right in front of the vent.

So there you are about to drive home at 3am, or in the morning, in the middle of winter, you're feeling sleepy so you got yourself a can of cold refreshing energy drink. It's cold outside so you turn the heater on. 10mins down the road you'd be sipping on warm redbull.

Why they don't use the space in the middle I don't know. Instead you get a cavity under the gear stick which sees little use.

Yes I agree with the cup holder placement--also the fact that it doesn't have rear wipers and washers--and the silly placement of the Cig' lighter--right under the hand brake--a darn pest when you have a lead for the Navman, the odometer is rather hard to read if you have the parkers on in the day time too

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...