Parts

Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble finding some quality brake pads for my '03 Sportivo, this is mainly because mine is a South African delivered model. Anyone found pads to suit?

EBC?

QFM?

Any help would be appreciated

'03 Sportivo, this is mainly because mine is a South African delivered model

Aren't all Sportivos South African-made anyway?

When i got a mechanic mate to look into pricing EBC pads he got told that they didnt have any that were compatible for South African models, only Japanese models. Apparently any Sportivo with a VIN starting with AHT is a South African delivered model.

But now I'm not sure.

When i got a mechanic mate to look into pricing EBC pads he got told that they didnt have any that were compatible for South African models, only Japanese models. Apparently any Sportivo with a VIN starting with AHT is a South African delivered model.

But now I'm not sure.

From what I am aware, all Sportivos that were sold here were made/assembled in South Africa, whereas the Ascent/Conquest/Levin etc were made in Japan.

you can also look at endless, project MU, acre...all japanese pads...and just look for pads to suit ZZT231 (2ZZ-GE)...it will fit the corolla sportivo.

also comes down to what you are looking for in a pad.. and how much you want to spend?

Edited by stock

But now I'm not sure.

From what I am aware, all Sportivos that were sold here were made/assembled in South Africa, whereas the Ascent/Conquest/Levin etc were made in Japan.

Well there you go. Anyone have a sportivo with a VIN starting with anything but AHT?

Anyway, what pads do people recommend for street/track use?

Really wanna take her for a few laps at Mallala but am lacking in braking ability to stop from 200+km/h into the back hairpin lol.

you can also look at endless, project MU, acre...all japanese pads...and just look for pads to suit ZZT231 (2ZZ-GE)...it will fit the corolla sportivo.

also comes down to what you are looking for in a pad.. and how much you want to spend?

So, ZZT231 Celica pads will fit my Sportivo?

I want a pad that will perform on track but is also tame enough to effectively work on the street. So i'm looking for a pad that can handle the high temps of track use and also work effectively on the street.

Cost isn't really a huge issue if i know they are going to perform.

QFM would be good but i don't know if i'd like to 6 weeks everytime i want new pads. Would rather find a pad that i can buy off the shelf for convenience.