Different Mufflers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just want to ask...

the length of the tip... is that  the diameter of the actually muff sticking out

eg. Universal NA offset to the RIGHT - 60mm inlet/105mm tip

so.. its 10.5cm in diameter.. ?

I dont know much about exhaust systems, but I'd say that the length refers to a length, not a diameter.

• 1 month later...

i think stock size for 1zzfe engines are 1.75 inch whilst sportivos have 2.25 inch, with regards to the diameters etc...

if your driving sportivo get 2.5 inch

normal rollas 2.25 inch....however u can go 2.5 inch if you want just get them to expand your current exhaust piping to fit the muffler,

your exhaust place will fit it for ya, all u need to choose is the muffler :)

but do NOT go for a 3" muffler or ur car will die

i think stock size for 1zzfe engines are 1.75 inch whilst sportivos have 2.25 inch, with regards to the diameters etc...

normal rollas 2.25 inch....however u can go 2.5 inch if you want just get them to expand your current exhaust piping to fit the muffler,

So you reckon i go for 2" or 2.25"? Thanks for the help. Because iv been quoted 2" CAT back lukey system $350. i was just wondering if the 2" was the standard size of the original pipe. cos then i wont get it il go to another exhaust place who can do 2.25" for the same price!

So you reckon i go for 2" or 2.25"? Thanks for the help. Because iv been quoted 2" CAT back lukey system $350. i was just wondering if the 2" was the standard size of the original pipe. cos then i wont get it il go to another exhaust place who can do 2.25" for the same price!

Hey Corzza.

I spoke to the guy @ castle hill exhaust ... and this is what he had to say ???

"2 1/4" exhaust, using resonator, straight through muffler. it will have a nice tone and costing would be between say $280 to$310 depending on the style of tip you choose."

what do the rest of you guys think .. I have a 1zz .. i dunno about corzza ... are you 1zz as well ???

im still up to get this done around late jan early feb if we push him on the price for 2 of us

Edited by eggbert_99

Hey Corzza.

"2 1/4" exhaust, using resonator, straight through muffler. it will have a nice tone and costing would be between say $280 to$310 depending on the style of tip you choose."

what do the rest of you guys think .. I have a 1zz .. i dunno about corzza ... are you 1zz as well ???

im still up to get this done around late jan early feb if we push him on the price for 2 of us

Hey Guys,

Have you got a quote from Liverpool exhaust yet???

He quoted me a cat back mandrel bent with Lukey( Tri-Flow) muffler for $280 but I think it was 2" though.

I'm probably looking at getting a new exhaust around late Feb if you guys can hang around til then let me know I'm always keen for group buys.

Cheers

Edited by GAZOOM

Hey Corzza.

Yeah is that CAT back? im levin yeah 1zz. Im keen! U must hear my race pipe bro!

Why are you all going to replace your systems with the same diameter piping? 1zz go 2.25" and 2zz you go 2.5". If you really want an icrease you'll do it or if your after noise or a fancy tip and muffler you'll do whatever you want. But average Jo blo exhaust shop doesn't have a clue when it comes to our cars. :blink:

If any of you want a Sportivo cat back for your 1zz then PM me as I may just have something for you ;)

Why are you all going to replace your systems with the same diameter piping? 1zz go 2.25" and 2zz you go 2.5". If you really want an icrease you'll do it or if your after noise or a fancy tip and muffler you'll do whatever you want. But average Jo blo exhaust shop doesn't have a clue when it comes to our cars. :blink:

If any of you want a Sportivo cat back for your 1zz then PM me as I may just have something for you ;)

As always, you're a fountain of knowledge, Silva, but I just have one amendment ... I think in another post I think the jury was still out on whether the Stivo cat-back was of benefit to auto 1ZZ's. We only have one such case on record, though, so if another auto 1ZZ owner wants to give it a go, talk to Silva about the Stivo cat back he mentioned above.

hey .. we are not changing to the same diameter ... in my other post

Castle hill exhaust recommended 2 1/4 inch which is what you suggest too

in regards to the sportivo exhaust on a 1zz ... will it fit a sedan ?? i dont know if the hatch is slightly shorter in length.

mines manual .. so no need to worry about buddha's point ... i dont know about the others

Gazoom & Corzza.. ill email/pm you what I got from them ..

As always, you're a fountain of knowledge, Silva, but I just have one amendment ... I think in another post I think the jury was still out on whether the Stivo cat-back was of benefit to auto 1ZZ's. We only have one such case on record, though, so if another auto 1ZZ owner wants to give it a go, talk to Silva about the Stivo cat back he mentioned above.

Svalerko put a sportivo cat back on his 1zz and got gains proven on the dyno. I agree with you on the auto side of things buddha as an auto does drain a hell of a lot of power out of the motor. Maybe with an auto try the 2.25" diameter with a slightly more restrictive muffler to increase the back pressure a bit.

My thoughts on the matter but it could be worth a shot.

As for putting the stivo cat back on the sedan I've had a look and it does look to be the same floor plan as the hatch. Easy way to check is get the 2 side by side and measure the wheel base from stub to stub as the rest of the underside of the car is the same. But they do look pretty close. :D

Svalerko put a sportivo cat back on his 1zz and got gains proven on the dyno. I agree with you on the auto side of things buddha as an auto does drain a hell of a lot of power out of the motor. Maybe with an auto try the 2.25" diameter with a slightly more restrictive muffler to increase the back pressure a bit.

My thoughts on the matter but it could be worth a shot.

As for putting the stivo cat back on the sedan I've had a look and it does look to be the same floor plan as the hatch. Easy way to check is get the 2 side by side and measure the wheel base from stub to stub as the rest of the underside of the car is the same. But they do look pretty close. :D

Hey all, since we've touched on auto stivo catbacks i thought i might throw in my 2 penny's.

I've had the stivo catback on with both a short ram intake and the stock in take. both i felt a loss of low end but mid gain was distinctive.

However i've recently (4 days ago) finished off the piping and turned my short ram into a CAI. The effect is very noticeable and now i'm a happy torquey driver.

I'll need to confirm this on the next dyno day.

Lucio?

no offence i dont mean to be rude but why upgrade on a auto transmission car? Would there even be a huge if not a worth while job doing (money wise) without sounding loud and going nowhere? Its just that i have had to auto tranny cars and thats all they did even though there engines were great and torqy they just sounded too drowny because gear ratios anyway tell me too shut up if you guys want thats my 2 cents worth....

no offence i dont mean to be rude but why upgrade on a auto transmission car? Would there even be a huge if not a worth while job doing (money wise) without sounding loud and going nowhere? Its just that i have had to auto tranny cars and thats all they did even though there engines were great and torqy they just sounded too drowny because gear ratios anyway tell me too shut up if you guys want thats my 2 cents worth....

Hahahah, come to a melbourne meet and come compare my auto with any other stock auto. Then u'll see, mine's not droney