Camber Pins/Bolts

httttt

From my understanding it is usually recommended to have Camber Pins/Bolts installed at the same time as installing lowered springs but I for one never installed them and have been running my King Springs for over a year.

I will be installing new bump stops soon and thought it might be a good idea to inquire about Camber Bolts. I have some questions for the better educated:

1. Are they easy to install DIY? (I have all the tools a DIY mechanic would ever need)

2. Has anyone used Eibach Bolts (or anything) before and are they recommended?

3. What price would you expect to pay for them?

4. I read that "Camber doesn't effect tire wear", is that true?If true, should I slightly Negative Camber my rear wheels?

Obviously I will need a wheel alignment after installation.

I have contacted Eibach Australia and they are very vague as to their product numbers. I'm confident I have found the right ones but does anyone know if the following items are correct/incorrect?

Eibach PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Bolts (17mm) for the Front ( Part# 5.81290K )

Eibach PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Bolts (15mm) for the Rear ( Part# 5.81270K )

FYI Ebiach Australia quoted me $160 + shipping for a complete set. But I can get them for Approx $95 for a complete set (potential group buy maybe).

Any help is appreciated.

they are pretty easy to install, took about 20mins per side on a hyundai getz (DONT ASK)

running -3 degree camber on the ae86 over 2 years didn't wear too much, but depending on the car/use it could wear more?

VT+ commos run slightly negative camber on the rear and they dont have much issues

paid $80pair from pedders, maybe could get a deal to install and get wheel alignment?

Edited by rthy

they are pretty easy to install, took about 20mins per side on a hyundai getz (DONT ASK)

running -3 degree camber on the ae86 over 2 years didn't wear too much, but depending on the car/use it could wear more?

VT+ commos run slightly negative camber on the rear and they dont have much issues

paid $80pair from pedders, maybe could get a deal to install and get wheel alignment?

Thanks, yeah I talked to a mate and he said they should be easy to install.

$80 a pair, as in, you need 2 pairs? So if I can actually get them for $95 for the complete set of 2 pairs then I'm doing well?

1. Are they easy to install DIY? (I have all the tools a DIY mechanic would ever need)

2. Has anyone used Eibach Bolts (or anything) before and are they recommended?

3. What price would you expect to pay for them?

4. I read that "Camber doesn't effect tire wear", is that true?If true, should I slightly Negative Camber my rear wheels?

Camber adjustment is only needed if you need more camber (positive or negative).

1. Yes, but you'll need to have a wheel alignment done afterwards. Ensure you get zero individual toe, not zero cross toe.

3. $100 or so for Whiteline branded ones.

4. Toe has more bearing on tyre wear than camber.

• 3 weeks later...

As Dave stated, toe has the greatest effect on tyre wear. However camber definitely does cause increased wear.

The ideal setup is to have no camber on the rear, and a little on the front.

Have you looked into Nolathane camber kits? Thats what im running atm to eliminate the camber caused by lowering.

PS. Is that your Aurion i see parked on grandview ave?

As Dave stated, toe has the greatest effect on tyre wear. However camber definitely does cause increased wear.

The ideal setup is to have no camber on the rear, and a little on the front.

Have you looked into Nolathane camber kits? Thats what im running atm to eliminate the camber caused by lowering.

PS. Is that your Aurion i see parked on grandview ave?

Thanks for confirming that for me.

How much were the bolts?

Yeah, that's my parents house but I don't live there any more.

Ah. i've noticed your aurion for a while. I remember it was one of the fisrt aurions i saw lowered with nice aftermarket wheels. Always wondered if you were on TOCAU (i was barely active on this forum until recently)

The camber pins were $95 per pair. I got them from Jim Hunters Suspension in Third Ave, Blacktown.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Eibach Camber bolts listed in the OP.

The main reason is to stop the rear scrub under load but I bought both front and back to do it all at the same time.

I will install my self then get an alignment.