starter wash kit for a new car

Schy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey andrew, thanks! But i cant find any meguiars polymer sealant..

There is the nxt 2.0 wax in liquid form.. Is that the one?

also, the foam applicators are these? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Meguiar-s-Hand-Applicator-Pads-2-Piece.aspx?pid=1510#Description

wash mitts are only lambs wool..

and supreme shine microfiber is the same as buffing microfiber? which are these: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Meguiar-s-Supreme-Shine-Microfibre-Cloth.aspx?pid=125844#Description

or this? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Meguiar-s-Microwipe-Polishing-Cloth.aspx?pid=104044#Description

i'll see which one is cheaper total.. hehehe! carecareproducts or supercheap auto.. lol

oh i saw this package.. is this package good? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/KIT-NEW-CAR-MEGUIARS.aspx?pid=295156#Description - comes with:

Ultimate Wash & Wax, Ultimate Liquid Wax, Endurance Tyre Gel

Microfibre Wash Mitt, Microfibre Drying Towel,

Microfibre Supreme Shine towel, 2 x soft foam applicator pads

Edited by Schy

1. Wash the car with was and wax and wipe dry

Don't wash it with that "wash and wax" thing. If you do, you'll put a thin layer of short term wax underneath the long lasting sealant. What do you think will happen if you do that? Think about it. Sealant goes first. It bonds with the paint.

Wax should not be seen as someyhing that,makes acar shiny but rather as something yhat provides.extra protection

Wax does add protection but like I said... Unless your car is parked indoor or at least under cover, it's a waste of time. Wax evaporates quicker when left under the hot sun. Not only that, wax makes water beads. I hate water beads. They turn into water marks. Sealant on the other hand, makes water sheets off, and that means much less/smaller water beads and makes the car easier to dry.

I simply use two layers of paint sealant for extra protection.

Hey P_T! Thanks for that info! So i guess i'll have to wash with normal car shampoo first.. I'll see which is cheaper and i'll buy them.. Hehehe!

How do u apply 2 coats of sealant with the duragloss? You put the bond and then sealant right after, right? When do you put the 2nd coat on?

Ignore any of my previous advice.

Despite my experience, it.is abundantly clear that P_T is superior

im just taking in whatever advice people can give me.. and as for now, i would just like to go whatever is cheaper.. T_T

Ignore any of my previous advice.

Despite my experience, it.is abundantly clear that P_T is superior; ie knows his/her stuff

What's with the snide sarcastic comment? I'm a newbie here so your opinion weighs more than mine?

Funny that despite your experience, you didn't correct the OP about using wash and wax before applying the paint sealant.

I didn't even disagree with you. I just said it depends on where you park your car.

It's not a sarcastic comment. You picked up on things I didn't notice and the methods you use are backed up with logical reasons.

My initial response after reading it could have been misinterpeted which is why I edited it.

Just to add, sorry cause i live in a country area and theres only 1 place to buy the products and they only have a few on hand.. So would be better for me to buy online.. Will look up the items u guys mentioned and see.. Hehe!

www.carcareproducts.com.au. If you have any questions or want a second option email them and tell them big pete with the black rolla sent you. I'm on 1st name basis and almost got offered a 30 day account :P

In regards to which products to use, best to open minded and willing to try something different.

I'm hooked on dodo juice from CCP, you only need a little to get a lot out of it.

I will admit, its pricey stuff, but your bottle of "stuff" will outlast most common garden brands you get from any super cheap or autobahn.

/my 2 cents

Andrew is probably the best cleaner I have come across in 3 states (NSW, VIC and QLD) I have lived in, Tash is also up there along with a couple of others. Pretty much everytime I see his car it is in perfectly clean condition with no contaminants. For me, I take his advice on cleaning like gospel. :)

My input is only from the perspective of someone who park his car outside without cover almost 24/7 and don't want to spend too much time and money on cleaning and protection products. If I wanted the ultimate shine and protection, I'd have gotten those liquid quartz glass or ceramic coatings instead.

If I had a garage it wouldn't be hard to keep my car spotless either. It doesn't take much skills to keep your car clean and effort is not something I'm lacking.

Edited by P_T

Nice BG Pete! And might travel to sydney next time and would love to meet up!

Yeah, will do email them =) thanks a lot!

My door is always open to TOCAU's peeps. Let me know and i'll make sure i'm free :)

Nice BG Pete! And might travel to sydney next time and would love to meet up!

Yeah, will do email them =) thanks a lot!

My door is always open to TOCAU's peeps. Let me know and i'll make sure i'm free :)

if i get the time will certainly go to sydney and meet TOCAU peeps! hehehe!

Meguiars 2011 Products

NEW CAR KIT

• - Everything you need for maintaining that new car look
  • - Perfect for all paint finishes

Nothing beats the new car look and feel. Unfortunately that smooth and sparkling paintwork with shiny tyres doesn't last forever and can often become a distant memory. Eliminating the guess work is now easy with the 'New Car Kit' that has everything you need to keep your car looking new in three easy steps. Perfect for use on all paint finishes, including clear coats.

Kit includes: Ultimate Wash & Wax 473ml, Ultimate Liquid Wax 175ml, Endurance Tyre Gel 175ml, Microfibre Wash Mitt, Water Magnet microfiber drying towel, Supreme Shine Microfibre Towel, and 2 x foam applicators. (Total value $105.30)

G3200

Available at most Meguiar's stockist - $59.95 RRP.

Currently selling @ Autobarn for $54.99

Ok.. Just to update everyone, i've washed, clayed, sealed and waxed my car.. Hahaha! Took me around 5 hours.. What a work out! Washing was easy though.. Lol!

I guess the hard part is done.. Hehe! How often do i need to put wax? :D

Schy,

can you describe the difference between what the car looked like and felt to touch before and after your workout...lol

Edited by Ozzcaddy